• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?

User Info: Sonixs

Sonixs
1 week ago#191
FF7R was just a s***tier yet better looking version of the original game.

User Info: RebelofDaNew

RebelofDaNew
1 week ago#192
Sonixs posted...
The graphics hardly even matter at this point. They're good but not groundbreaking for this generation. And not nearly as much as FF7's were at the time. FF7 is famous because it was an innovator. This game should've been the same way. But all the remakes nowadays just want to ride the old products' coattails.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5

User Info: Sonixs

Sonixs
1 week ago#193
RebelofDaNew posted...
The graphics hardly even matter at this point. They're good but not groundbreaking for this generation. And not nearly as much as FF7's were at the time. FF7 is famous because it was an innovator. This game should've been the same way. But all the remakes nowadays just want to ride the old products' coattails.

That is a good point. All I know is if I went back in time to 2005 and showed myself the game we got compared to what everyone wanted, I would have been super disappointed.
Sonixs posted...

Take your stupid s***posting somewhere else.
My dearest beloved Light, you will remain my love for eternity

User Info: RebelofDaNew

RebelofDaNew
1 week ago#195
Sonixs posted...
That is a good point. All I know is if I went back in time to 2005 and showed myself the game we got compared to what everyone wanted, I would have been super disappointed.
Thanks for seeing my side. I get flak for not having played the game, but I've seen enough to form an opinion. With regard to 2005, it's sort of like the original Fable hype. This is a game that had really difficult expectations to live up to, but that's why I would've respected it more if it tried to be its own thing, all the way. The "spirits" is an extremely lazy, last second trope added on to a base story that's been, for the most part, watered down.
RebelOfDaNew: https://t2m.io/PF0B2HLT
DallasTheManipulator: https://t2m.io/VyVj1lT5

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
1 week ago#196
lightningxiii-2 posted...
Take your stupid s***posting somewhere else.
Says the guy who falsely claims (and you know it's false) that the only possible reason to prefer the original version is "nostalgia." Pot, meet kettle.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: ShinraRatDog

ShinraRatDog
1 week ago#197
Sonixs posted...

How was it in anyway whatsoever a "s***tier" version of the original? Did you even play either of the games? Nearly every scene that was in the original is better in Remake. Every character is better in Remake. Everything that matters is better in Remake, and the gameplay sets a new bar for action RPGs period. The voice acting is some of the best voice acting to ever be in a JRPG period. So again, did you even play Remake, or are you like the rest of the haters on this board that hasn't even touched it?
(edited 1 week ago)
ShinraRatDog posted...
How was it in anyway whatsoever a "s***tier" version of the original? Did you even play either of the games? Nearly every scene that was in the original is better in Remake. Every character is better in Remake. Everything that matters is better in Remake, and the gameplay sets a new bar for action RPGs period. The voice acting is some of the best voice acting to ever be in a JRPG period. So again, did you even play Remake, or are you like the rest of the haters on this board that hasn't even touched it?

He's just s***posting. Another nostalgia-obsessed fanboy.

User Info: Rex915

Rex915
1 week ago#199
RebelofDaNew posted...
Thanks for seeing my side. I get flak for not having played the game, but I've seen enough to form an opinion. With regard to 2005, it's sort of like the original Fable hype. This is a game that had really difficult expectations to live up to, but that's why I would've respected it more if it tried to be its own thing, all the way. The "spirits" is an extremely lazy, last second trope added on to a base story that's been, for the most part, watered down.

So, everyone who gave lightningxiii s*** for not playing the OG but criticizing it. Kindly show this guy the same energy. Lol.
Rex915 posted...
everyone who gave lightningxiii s*** for not playing the OG but criticizing it.

Do I have to play a game myself to be able to criticize it? Take your stupid s*** somewhere else.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. So what was the better game? FFVII or FFVIIR?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A