• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Pazto

Pazto
1 week ago#1
You can like the game or not, but some of the new "additions" just don't work.
Roche appear from nowhere (he might the other low rank soldier that went with cloud, sephiroth and zack?), with his dear bike and stuff, he pet it and talk about another shodown and yadda yadda, so it was obvious that he was going to show up agin during the last bike scene. But nah.
Probably even the producers was like "nah we effed up with him, let's just move on, and I guess that will happen with the (imho bad) ending as well. They will probably go on like nothing happened... Roche? Alternative Timelines? Whispers? What are you talking about.... Ah....
Lurking Here Since 1998

User Info: Ultimasamune

Ultimasamune
1 week ago#2
I like Roche! Unfortunately, I seem to be in the minority D:
I'm hoping we see him work his way up to first class under Rufus throughout the rest of the Remake. Lots of room for slow, meaningful character development, even if he does start out a little goofy and over the top.

User Info: OldKye

OldKye
1 week ago#3
I'd bet money he shows up in later parts, likely more then once with various improvements.
- "I admit it feels awkward at first but after a while you get used to having OldKye moving within you. Like a thought parasite. Or excellent lover."

User Info: MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter
1 week ago#4
The fact that he's all about the bike sure hints that he was suposed to acompany motorball or at least appear with the other 3rd class during the highway chase. But if so we can only speculate as to why he didn't make the final cut. Perhaps they thought Jenova>Rufus>Arsenal>Motorball>Whispers>Sephiroth was already a bit too much bosses and thought he was not as important since he was not in the original or because you fought him twice already .
https://i.imgur.com/IJcX5om.gifv
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Slykykiske

Slykykiske
1 week ago#5
Pazto posted...
You can like the game or not, but some of the new "additions" just don't work.
Roche appear from nowhere (he might the other low rank soldier that went with cloud, sephiroth and zack?), with his dear bike and stuff, he pet it and talk about another shodown and yadda yadda, so it was obvious that he was going to show up agin during the last bike scene. But nah.
Probably even the producers was like "nah we effed up with him, let's just move on, and I guess that will happen with the (imho bad) ending as well. They will probably go on like nothing happened... Roche? Alternative Timelines? Whispers? What are you talking about.... Ah....

Roche was something the original ff7 shoulda had. Undoubtedly which is...SOLDIER representation from someone not Cloud or Sephiroth. Whether you hate his character or not is irrelevant.

User Info: DarkKainDrg

DarkKainDrg
1 week ago#6
Roche was great. He doesn't need to be an important character. He's just a fun encounter. I hope he comes back.
*High Five!* High Five count: 47
PSN: DarkKainDrg

User Info: Neo_Tai

Neo_Tai
1 week ago#7
He only appear like 2 time the bike race and then as a boss fight........after that he got put in jail for a while untild Heidegger decide to let him loose (during chapter 6 )

User Info: LeoHunting

LeoHunting
1 week ago#8
Roche was basically just a way to show off the power of a 3rd Class Soldier as a boss within the game without having them be a faceless guy with a helmet like the later enemies. I like him for what he was, a milestone to show us how far Cloud really has to go to becoming 1st Class level, considering he was having trouble with a 3rd Class Soldier.
Roche was the comedy relief, I enjoyed him.
Things could always be worse. Spiders could have wings.

User Info: Frostastic

Frostastic
1 week ago#10
I liked him for what he was, another Soldier. He was an interesting addition and I expect they will bring him back to expand on the Degenerative Cell Death condition President Shinra mentions before fighting Airbuster.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A