• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy VII-Remake General Guide, Information and Tips v2.0
(message deleted)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
4 weeks ago#32
Post #31 was made on 6/10/2020 6:22AM Pacific Daylight time and it was modded, not self deleted. Was it a spambot?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

User Info: Ultimasamune

Ultimasamune
4 weeks ago#33
Yeah it was spam

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
3 weeks ago#34
For infinite respawns and training, there's also the Factory in Chapter 3.

Chapter 4 has, after the bike scene, the training ground for infinite respawns. Then at night in both the Factory and Scrap Boulevard. I'm sure that will open up again in later Chapters again (pretty much anytime the party comes back to the Slums.

It surprises me how many EXP/AP farming locations exist this early on already, and I know there's more, with the Shinra building section having just one (the VR missions), and Wall Market having at least the Colliseum.

I just wish they tiered EXP, or reduced the EXP for lower tier kills. Tiered would be better. Getting 1 EXP per Wererat kill at level 10+, and full AP would be worth the grinding effort. I'm hoping there are more bonuses for kills beyond 50.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

behindtheword
3 weeks ago#35
Chapter 5, after Barrett joins the party, and they find the first "stamp", all the enemies in the tunnel leading to the stamp, and all the enemies leading to the next section respawn.

Looks more and more like the game has respawning enemies in a lot of sections few people are paying attention to. I have noticed that running can often trigger respawning enemies to cancel their respawn, but just walking away long enough from the respawn location, where it's out of view, and far enough away, and they'll respawn (up through the wererats just above the stamp anyhow, the creepy snake-bugs don't seem to).
(edited 3 weeks ago)

Ultimasamune
3 weeks ago#36
behindtheword posted...
Chapter 5, after Barrett joins the party, and they find the first "stamp", all the enemies in the tunnel leading to the stamp, and all the enemies leading to the next section respawn.

Looks more and more like the game has respawning enemies in a lot of sections few people are paying attention to. I have noticed that running can often trigger respawning enemies to cancel their respawn, but just walking away long enough from the respawn location, where it's out of view, and far enough away, and they'll respawn (up through the wererats just above the stamp anyhow, the creepy snake-bugs don't seem to).
Almost all chapters from 3 onward have respawning enemies. 6 in the underplate (minus turrets), 7 in the reactor rooms, 8 in the Sector 5 slum pathways, 9 on the highway, in the Sector 5 slum pathways and coliseum, 13 on the highway, 14 on the highway, in the Sector 5 slum pathways, coliseum, and sewers, 16 in the simulator, and 17 in the drum after clearing it. The one's I'm not sure about and that you may want to keep an eye out for are chapters 10 (possible), 11 (possible), 12 (unlikely), and 15 (possible).
(edited 3 weeks ago)

behindtheword
3 weeks ago#37
Ultimasamune posted...
Almost all chapters from 3 onward have respawning enemies. 6 in the underplate (minus turrets), 7 in the reactor rooms, 8 in the slum pathways, 9 on the highway and in the coliseum, 13 on the highway, 14 on the highway, in the slum pathways, coliseum, and sewers, 16 in the simulator, and 17 in the drum after clearing it. The one's I'm not sure about and that you may want to keep an eye out for are chapters 10 (possible), 11 (possible), 12 (unlikely), and 15 (possible).

Thanks, I can avoid looking out for them. It's just that was a fairly common complaint that somehow the "only" respawning area was the coliseum. Granted I don't see many of those topics now, but given how common it was I'm surprised none of the stickies and so far, from what I can tell in the FAQs, haven't mentioned it.

Ultimasamune
3 weeks ago#38
behindtheword posted...
Thanks, I can avoid looking out for them. It's just that was a fairly common complaint that somehow the "only" respawning area was the coliseum. Granted I don't see many of those topics now, but given how common it was I'm surprised none of the stickies and so far, from what I can tell in the FAQs, haven't mentioned it.
Yeah I noticed people saying that early on too and I can only assume they just didn't have the creative mind it takes to, uh, backtrack twenty yard to make enemies respawn.

behindtheword
1 week ago#39
I wonder how many have noticed Butch and crew can be battled at least 5x in Chapter 14 (could be as many as 8x, but I failed to check it). After certain boss battles and NPC conversations that finalize different quests. I was able to get 4 extra Champion Belts as a result (couldn't steal in one battle). Kind of nifty, and also a good item to sell (5g a pop), for extra First Strike, etc. Materia.

They definitely do not show up having ended the final quest from Chapter 14 and the story boss of that Chapter. So it could be special battle related that resets them. Kind of nice getting extra beatdown bouts, though :).
(edited 1 week ago)

Ultimasamune
1 week ago#40
behindtheword posted...
I wonder how many have noticed Butch and crew can be battled at least 5x in Chapter 14 (could be as many as 8x, but I failed to check it). After certain boss battles and NPC conversations that finalize different quests. I was able to get 4 extra Champion Belts as a result (couldn't steal in one battle). Kind of nifty, and also a good item to sell (5g a pop), for extra First Strike, etc. Materia.

They definitely do not show up having ended the final quest from Chapter 14 and the story boss of that Chapter. So it could be special battle related that resets them. Kind of nice getting extra beatdown bouts, though :).
This is very interesting. The Ultimania says they show up a maximum of three times in Chapter 14, once for every three quests you complete (with a 3 minute respawn timer in between, if you are doing them consecutively). I have personally only gotten them to spawn these three times under those exact conditions. Iirc, I beat three quests, was able to make them spawn the first time, then beat the remaining six quests and got the last two spawns, after which they would not spawn again. Would really like to know what causes the other two (or more) spawns and also what their dialogue is.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy VII-Remake General Guide, Information and Tips v2.0
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A