• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Post-Game/Combat Sim Tips, Trophy Cleanup and Hard Mode Prep (Expect Spoilers)

User Info: oracleofire

oracleofire
2 months ago#11
This is amazing, I appreciate the amount of work you put into this. Definitely sticky worthy.

User Info: SouloAscian

SouloAscian
2 months ago#12
@OriginalAccount Hahah, yeah, it took some days before that video took off

@Gradieus Oh yeah - I mean assuming he screws up around the same time in the 2nd round, I can definitely see that being possible. I was only saying that you usually want to have that many pull ups (46-50) in hopes of winning. The chances of him messing up late in Round 2 are lower, though I know it’s possible. If he ends Round 1 at 17, he can still potentially get around 44 by Round 2.

@oracleofire Thanks! I helped a few of my friends with cleaning up trophies and Combat Simulator battles that I instead started writing them up
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai

User Info: oracleofire

oracleofire
2 months ago#13
Seriously, I don't know why this isn't getting more attention. Even if you know some of the tips, it's a great collection that's both broad and specific and covers the big points while also having smaller, more practical tips. It's also one of the few genuinely helpful topics here, everyone else is mostly just fighting with each other.

User Info: Azdor

Azdor
2 months ago#14
Some really good tips here. I wish i knew a lot of this before i went for the platinum trophy. Thank you for your hard work!

SouloAscian
2 months ago#15
@oracleofire Hahah, yeah I guess it’s a lot of people just being overwhelmed by the constant barrage of new topics, so they’re not getting attention to their own questions and just making even more topics. I mean, @Unit198_TypeA has their own thread that covers a lot of topics I see people constantly still make.

@Azdor Thanks! Yeah, this is a bit late - if I had started putting together while I was playing, I probably would’ve had it ready to post before
Regrets are just a way for the foolish and the guilty to pass the time. - Cho Hakkai

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
2 months ago#16
nice work!
roll me under

User Info: Unit198_TypeA

Unit198_TypeA
2 months ago#17
Heya!
I just posted a newer version of my information thread a moment ago, and I hope you don't mind that I linked this thread in there for people to refer to!

Nice work with some extra information about each chapter on hard difficulty! Really useful.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
2 months ago#18
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

SouloAscian
2 months ago#19
@Mookiethebold Thanks!

@Unit198_TypeA Yeah, no problem at all!

I’m surprised this topic got stickied! Thanks for everyone who requested it, and hope you find the info helpful!

User Info: avexdevil

avexdevil
2 months ago#20
Here's some of my hard mode takeaways after getting my platinum trophy today.

1. Always rely on pray, and have one party member focus their ATB for pray, either Aerith or Barrett and ensure they have healing carcanet on. Never wait till too late to use pray, any less than 1/3 hp and i'm casting it just as long as my ATB allows me to.
  2. Always cast magnify+haste so ATB fills faster for healing and whatever else.
  3. Learn reprieve ability on your weapons ASAP, really helps during long consecutive boss battles and preventing you from rage quitting.
  4. Rely on benches for HP replenish if pray doesn't get you to full HP, don't bother with cure.
  5. Learn to use counterstance effectively on cloud. I rarely use steadfast block - offense is the best defense.
  6. Learn to switch characters effectively. Cast spells/use abilities and swap immediately. I notice this reduces the probability of an enemy interrupting you mid-animation and wasting all that precious ATB. Also learning to switch effectively means you capitalize on those tiny time windows of opportunity where you can backstab opponents (and gain ATB in the process) without getting barraged by their attacks.
  7. Learn to hide and angle yourself behind fixtures against some boss fights. Eg. airbuster, the arsenal, jenova (but mostly robot boss fights). Saves you having to dodge and move unnecessarily and if you have Aerith or Barrett positioned properly you can lay an offensive range without even getting hit by lasers/missiles.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Post-Game/Combat Sim Tips, Trophy Cleanup and Hard Mode Prep (Expect Spoilers)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A