• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is Cloud unbalanced?

User Info: RizaHawkeye1990

RizaHawkeye1990
1 year ago#41
Normal strikes:

cloud can play mid range
Tifa can play close range
Barrett can play close,mid,long
Aerith is terrible at close and mid range,use her at long range only
Roy Mustang is my husbando https://images2.alphacoders.com/231/231242.png

User Info: The_Juice_

The_Juice_
1 year ago#42
Step 1 Let Cloud take a ton of damage
Step 2 Click Ascension

Then you just win. I'm up to chapter 15 now and literally nothing has survived if he's gotten ascension off.

Serious note balance is useful against energies that null phys/mag interchangeably, those enemies basically make Aerith/Tifa useless half the time.
Difference in men & women: http://i.imgur.com/kHCwK2p.jpg
Broncos l Raptors l Dodgers l Maple Leafs l UCLA

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
1 year ago#43
I am aware of the special attack when holding square.

Here's a description of how to play Cloud optimally, to my understanding: (OM is Operator Mode. PM is Punishment Mode).

Start in OM. Do a few slashes. When the enemy attacks, hit triangle to parry+counter and flow into PM. Do a few attacks here. Pressing triangle again during this will have Cloud perform an extra horizontal slash which then has him go back into OM. Then you start the cycle over. If you can keep this up then Cloud will shine. There's only 2 issues with this. The first one is that if the enemy does not do a physical attack the parry when you switch to PM won't work and you eat a hit. So you need a good understanding of the enemy in question. The 2nd issue is that by doing this you will be stuck using Cloud for too long a time and become the main focus of the enemy.

So my experience with Cloud is that he can possibly be pretty solid, but is unreliable at best. While the other characters have definable features and are reliable to use in any situation and each have strengths that are exceptional. It's nice that Cloud can crowd control, but that would imply groups of fodder enemies. Which no one cares about or is scared of. Its the bosses that are the problem. The other 3 characters are much stronger against bosses because they have huge damage potential.

Edit: oh and yes, my OM dmg doesn't go above 100 because my Cloud is magic/support build. I should've worded that differently but the point I wanted to make was that the damage difference between OM and PM is too great.
As kids we love the heroes. As adults we understand the villains.

User Info: FedEx_Corp

FedEx_Corp
1 year ago#44
Yes.
He is the worst damage dealer.

Tifa is broken due to her default SPD on weapon, unbridled might triangle spam and Chi trap building up the stagger bar faster. Better aerial combat as well.

Barret has the god-like LIfesaver ability which you can abuse on top of stoneskin and barrier.

Aerith with her ATB aura and 2x casts and the stupid fairy.

Cloud?
Cloud is awful. His ability takes too long to go off beside Triple Strikes.

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
1 year ago#45
FedEx_Corp posted...
Barret has the god-like LIfesaver ability which you can abuse on top of stoneskin and barrier.

How does lifesaver exactly work? I didn quite understand it, and when I tried nothing seemed to happen, do you have to be close?

User Info: PizzaRules

PizzaRules
1 year ago#46
Korppi123 posted...
How does lifesaver exactly work? I didn quite understand it, and when I tried nothing seemed to happen, do you have to be close?
He takes the damage for everyone when you use it, from my understanding. So you use that with his steel skin skill and barrier and just heal him with cure when you need.
If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live - Tommy Wiseau

User Info: Korppi123

Korppi123
1 year ago#47
PizzaRules posted...
He takes the damage for everyone when you use it, from my understanding. So you use that with his steel skin skill and barrier and just heal him with cure when you need.

How long does it last?

User Info: EmblemLord

EmblemLord
1 year ago#48
TorvaMessorem posted...
I am aware of the special attack when holding square.

Here's a description of how to play Cloud optimally, to my understanding: (OM is Operator Mode. PM is Punishment Mode).

Start in OM. Do a few slashes. When the enemy attacks, hit triangle to parry+counter and flow into PM. Do a few attacks here. Pressing triangle again during this will have Cloud perform an extra horizontal slash which then has him go back into OM. Then you start the cycle over. If you can keep this up then Cloud will shine. There's only 2 issues with this. The first one is that if the enemy does not do a physical attack the parry when you switch to PM won't work and you eat a hit. So you need a good understanding of the enemy in question. The 2nd issue is that by doing this you will be stuck using Cloud for too long a time and become the main focus of the enemy.

So my experience with Cloud is that he can possibly be pretty solid, but is unreliable at best. While the other characters have definable features and are reliable to use in any situation and each have strengths that are exceptional. It's nice that Cloud can crowd control, but that would imply groups of fodder enemies. Which no one cares about or is scared of. Its the bosses that are the problem. The other 3 characters are much stronger against bosses because they have huge damage potential.

Edit: oh and yes, my OM dmg doesn't go above 100 because my Cloud is magic/support build. I should've worded that differently but the point I wanted to make was that the damage difference between OM and PM is too great.
Ok, but you know your real damage comes from ATB moves right?

And Cloud is still second best in terms of stagger damage.

Infinity End fam...just....just try it ok.

And it's not fair of you to judge Cloud based on a magic build.

Respec your Cloud for damage and then tell us what you think.

Put on Hard Edge. Seriously go try it.

Thing is Cloud is the easiest to customize so while it's cool, sometimes you get screwed up because you imagine him as one thing, but it does not mesh with your playstyle.

If your Cloud is support then you need to play him as such. But it seems what you REALLY want to do is attack, right?

I can suggest a damage build for you that only Tifa could rival.

The journey begins anew

User Info: Guru_Clef

Guru_Clef
1 year ago#49
EmblemLord posted...
I guess it's just the MvC/fighting game player in me.

This game is just not chaotic to me at all.

You open up the ability menu and pan around to get your bearings and plan your next move.
Nah, this is one of only a couple action games I’ve ever played. If you’re paying attention it’s not chaotic at all.

User Info: PizzaRules

PizzaRules
1 year ago#50
Korppi123 posted...
How long does it last?
I'm not really sure. I only used it frequently in the fight with aerith, and I reapplied all the time, so I guess not too long.
If a lot of people loved each other, the world would be a better place to live - Tommy Wiseau
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is Cloud unbalanced?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A