• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Cloud is annoying in this version

User Info: bloodydeath0

bloodydeath0
1 year ago#1
They made Cloud into this Mary Sue who cares about people and has too much personality instead of just a stoic badass who legitimately doesn't care about things not related to him, like Aeris talking to flowers. OG Cloud would've been like "Um ok" instead of yelling at the flowers to "be better at talking to Aeris".. At least early on in the game.

Whoever wrote the script needs a spanking. Everything is so overdramatic.

Anyway I'm enjoying it so far for the most part. Battle is mostly fine, although I just got done playing God of War so I'm pretty spoiled in terms of action combat mechanics. It's also a little awkward how they're restructuring the story, but we already know all the twists so it's like, oh I see what's happening here.

Thank you
https://imgur.com/xHbbYI6 http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3386905/G2-Ortiz-Slam.gif
Anything too hard in life is not worth doing. -John McGuirk

User Info: TheBoss69er

TheBoss69er
1 year ago#2
The worst part is all the little grunts rather than saying something. This happens far too often in Japanese games.

(literally anyone says literally anything)
cloud: “eh! Huh! Ugh! Heh!”
Hope this is not Chris' blood

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
1 year ago#3
Up to Chptr 3.
Is Cloud even more of a jerk then the original, or is it a lack of dialogue choices that causes him to default to being a jerk?

I would never talk to Tifa that way...
Where's my money? Where's my money? Where's my money Tifa!?

While she's sweet as can be...

I never felt that Cloud was likeable anyway..
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: Dragonage2ftw

Dragonage2ftw
1 year ago#4
You never played the original, huh?

This is what Cloud was like in the original.
Official Yu Narukami, Incineroar, Parasoul, Sombra, Black Widow, RE5 Jill, Kaede Akamatsu, Kamala Khan, Rehgar, Orisa, R.Mika, 2B, and Power Girl everywhere.

User Info: OmenofFate

OmenofFate
1 year ago#5
Dragonage2ftw posted...
You never played the original, huh?

This is what Cloud was like in the original.

Yeh I remember cloud dancing in the original

User Info: EreiEmiya

EreiEmiya
1 year ago#6
GodinMinaar posted...
Up to Chptr 3.
Is Cloud even more of a jerk then the original, or is it a lack of dialogue choices that causes him to default to being a jerk?

I would never talk to Tifa that way...
Where's my money? Where's my money? Where's my money Tifa!?

While she's sweet as can be...

I never felt that Cloud was likeable anyway..

Hey, he's not that bad toward Tifa though? he just seems to have trust issues i guess (i mean money talk is serious business), still when you look at how he speak to other people (even Marle) Tifa can say he's just a little cold toward her.
Currently playing: Fate Unlimited Codes (PS2/PSP) - Fate/Extra - Fate/Extra CCC - Legend of Heroes: Hajimari no Kiseki.

User Info: Rajaion1

Rajaion1
1 year ago#7
I don’t see a problem. He was a jerk in the original with moments of being soft. They are trying to show hints of him having a double personality so to speak, the stoic badass he wishes he was conflicting with his real inner self. I find his depiction here to be better than being simply a one note character.

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
1 year ago#8
GodinMinaar posted...
or is it a lack of dialogue choices that causes him to default to being a jerk?
Lack of dialogue choices. The remake chose the path where Cloud remains a jerk early game, and doesn't start warming up until Tifa and especially Aerith break through his shell
I'm guessing a lot of people made OG Cloud nicer from the get go

User Info: Litane

Litane
1 year ago#9
I disagree. Cloud's very much an a****** this time around and he's just beginning to thaw near the end. In the original for example, he becomes fond of Aerith very quickly. There's almost no buildup because of the limitations of it being a PS1 game with a pretty hefty story for the time. This time around Cloud warms up to her over time which is far more in line with who he is.
I have somewhere to be but I don't want to go there. pooh truncus!

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
1 year ago#10
EreiEmiya posted...
Hey, he's not that bad toward Tifa though? he just seems to have trust issues i guess (i mean money talk is serious business), still when you look at how he speak to other people (even Marle) Tifa can say he's just a little cold toward her.
Well for example,
Marlene goes to bed, and Tifa asks "What can I get for you?" (Sweet and flirtatious.)
Instead of sitting down and ordering a drink and talking to his sweetheart he says: "My money!"
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Cloud is annoying in this version
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A