• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. ending explanation for those who are confused (spoilers)

User Info: VegaGG

VegaGG
1 month ago#51
Are the Keepers fully defeated and dead
or just forced to retreat/ leave for now?

User Info: puppy

puppy
1 month ago#52
This is stupid, and people who think this is fine need to be removed, promptly. So Sephiroth can just travel through time now? Why not go back to when Cloud was a kid and kill him?

This opens up so many stupid plotholes. They should have just ended with Midgar collapsing, and them escaping to Kalm. Even if they never made a part 2, fans would be happy they got to see their beloved characters remade. Now they are not only pissing them off, but confusing new fans.

It's just...so bad in so many ways. Makes you wonder what drugs these developers are on.
You look under puppy's message.
You find a potion!

User Info: eastman1982

eastman1982
1 month ago#53
Yeah as much as it’s now open to explore the ff7 world in new ways and completely new story I’m on the fence with what’s played out I mean with the keepers of time gone it’s a free for all for what’s to come. But for me time travelling sepiroth just opens too many plot holes I mean time travel in general is a sticky slope for many a stories. In time I hope part two is a lot more open. Then this I can’t shake the feeling it’s 1/2 a game it just feels like an intro into something more and not an instalment of a series
"I got your back like a butt crack!"
psn user Darth_Eastman

User Info: BraverGG

BraverGG
1 month ago#54
I posted this in another thread but thought I would add my theory here.

Sephiroth after the events of Advent Children has found a way to time travel to the past.
He time travels to Midgar just after the first mako reactor explosion. He meets Cloud in the back alley (which doesn't happen in the original FF7) and talks to him.
After Sephiroth talks to Cloud it alters the timeline so the guardians of destiny, the Whispers, show up to try and restore order and not let the past change due to Sephiroth's intervention.
As Cloud was delayed by TT (time travel) Sephiroth in the alley he would have missed running into Aerith thus changing the timeline forever, so the Whispers show up and keep Aerith in place so they can still both meet.

Throughout the rest of the game TT Sephiroth makes appearances and whenever these appearances alter how the characters would act the Whispers intervene to keep everything on track with destiny (the original FF7 storyline).
In the original FF7 Palmer doesn't see Sephiroth/Jenova until he kills President Shinra. In this one he sees TT Sephiroth in the hallway which alters the course causing President Shinra to not be found already dead by Cloud and co and with Palmer hiding to witness it all. This time Jenova (or TT Sephiroth) kills President Shinra AND Barret however the Whispers intervene to keep Barrett alive to keep their destiny on track as per the original FF7 storyline.

Eventually they make it to the end of the Midgar expressway where they would normally leave Midgar, however TT Sephiroth shows up to have Cloud and co defeat destiny. Cloud and co fight destiny and have flashforwards of what will happen if they do not defeat destiny (the original FF7 timeline).
They eventually defeat destiny allowing them to forge a new future where TT Sephiroth is in their timeline from the future. From here on out anything can happen.

TT Sephiroth then brings Cloud to the Edge of Creation and seems to be trying to help him. He tells him that now destiny has been defeated "That which lies ahead...does not yet exist" meaning he is now unsure of the future will unfold.
TT Sephiroth then looks towards the edge of creation saying "Our world will become a part of it...one day." followed by "nor will I have you end." insinuating that he wants to keep Cloud alive. He then asks Cloud to help him "defy destiny together". Cloud refuses and he is sent back to Midgar.

From here on out now that they aren't restricted by destiny to play out the storyline in the original FF7, anything can happen.
My guess is that Sephiroth has seen a far greater threat in the future of the universe and he wants Cloud's help to defeat it before all is lost, hence him saying they have 7 seconds until the end (I'm assuming Sephiroth took him to 7 seconds before the new 'greater threat' destroys them all).

As for Zack, it's possible Sephiroth helped him defeat the soldiers without him realizing it. The Whispers then surrounded Midgar to stop Zack from going there and changing destiny.
However when Cloud defeats destiny in the not so far future it destroys the whispers stopping Zack going home and allows him to live. I don't know they are a lot of holes in this theory.

I could be completely wrong but this is how I best interpreted the events.

User Info: RagingNerifes

RagingNerifes
1 month ago#55
The watchers thing sounds stupid until you watch them in action, then it gets even more stupid.
It feels like comedy, incredible.

User Info: partlink1

partlink1
1 month ago#56
RagingNerifes posted...
The watchers thing sound stupid until you watch them in action, then it gets even more stupid.
It feels like comedy, incredible.
Doesn't even make particular sense as moments in history drive their creation and they are tasked with protecting those events however there is no definition of what a moment is. There is also not an infinite amount of them. New watchers are not made when a breach in the timeline has been made for some reason? Does that not count as a moment? Also these pretty much all powerful time beings can be killed with a sword? You're joking?

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
1 month ago#57
eastman1982 posted...
Yeah as much as it’s now open to explore the ff7 world in new ways and completely new story I’m on the fence with what’s played out I mean with the keepers of time gone it’s a free for all for what’s to come. But for me time travelling sepiroth just opens too many plot holes I mean time travel in general is a sticky slope for many a stories. In time I hope part two is a lot more open. Then this I can’t shake the feeling it’s 1/2 a game it just feels like an intro into something more and not an instalment of a series

Where does this travelling time Sephiroth is coming from really ?
Is it because SE chose the final battle to be more action oriented just like in Advent Children ?
Or is it because Sephiroth knows about the watchers of fate and some future events ?
In the original the real Sephiroth lies dead in Northern Crater ,while the party chases Jenova posing as Sephiroth all along (or Sephiroth's will using Jenova's body to materialize into his own form )
Dead Sephiroth (in Northern Crater) is supposedly controlling the Lifestream ,and Aerith who also is aware of certain events and the Watchers is in direct communication with the Planet and the Lifestream .
In the end this all seems it has nothing to do with time travelling and it's a lifestream thing ,giving those who are in contact with visions of the past ,future and present

User Info: darkphoenix181

darkphoenix181
1 month ago#58
nova_pulse posted...
Where does this travelling time Sephiroth is coming from really ?
Is it because SE chose the final battle to be more action oriented just like in Advent Children ?
Or is it because Sephiroth knows about the watchers of fate and some future events ?
In the original the real Sephiroth lies dead in Northern Crater ,while the party chases Jenova posing as Sephiroth all along (or Sephiroth's will using Jenova's body to materialize into his own form )
Dead Sephiroth (in Northern Crater) is supposedly controlling the Lifestream ,and Aerith who also is aware of certain events and the Watchers is in direct communication with the Planet and the Lifestream .
In the end this all seems it has nothing to do with time travelling and it's a lifestream thing ,giving those who are in contact with visions of the past ,future and present

You have to understand how time works. To understand the future implies time travel to a degree or else how would you see said future?
At the very least, their mind traveled to og FF7 world and viewed it.
But probably more than that since the watchers exist.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 month ago#59
BraverGG posted...
As Cloud was delayed by TT (time travel) Sephiroth in the alley he would have missed running into Aerith thus changing the timeline forever, so the Whispers show up and keep Aerith in place so they can still both meet.
Here's my problem. In the original they only briefly talk, the real meeting occurs at the church. It just feels like kind of a joke that the timeline is maintained here just because Cloud and Aeris see each other. Like, the ghosts appearing and attacking Aeris doesn't throw a colossal wrench in the timeline that is much bigger than Cloud not buying a flower from her?
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: nova_pulse

nova_pulse
1 month ago#60
darkphoenix181 posted...
You have to understand how time works. To understand the future implies time travel to a degree or else how would you see said future?
At the very least, their mind traveled to og FF7 world and viewed it.
But probably more than that since the watchers exist.

The Lifestream shows to him (and Aerith) visions of past ,present and future .He is in direct contact with it after all(since he is actually dead) and so is Aerith through her Cetra powers
It doesn't necessarily mean Sephiroth is travelling through time
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. ending explanation for those who are confused (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A