• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. My main issue with the ending leak (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

User Info: BraverGG

BraverGG
1 year ago#271
**SPOILERS**
I've finished the game and wanted to give my theory on the ending.

Sephiroth after the events of Advent Children has found a way to time travel to the past.
He time travels to Midgar just after the first mako reactor explosion. He meets Cloud in the back alley (which doesn't happen in the original FF7) and talks to him.
After Sephiroth talks to Cloud it alters the timeline so the guardians of destiny, the Whispers, show up to try and restore order and not let the past change due to Sephiroth's intervention.
As Cloud was delayed by TT (time travel) Sephiroth in the alley he would have missed running into Aerith thus changing the timeline forever, so the Whispers show up and keep Aerith in place so they can still both meet.

Throughout the rest of the game TT Sephiroth makes appearances and whenever these appearances alter how the characters would act the Whispers intervene to keep everything on track with destiny (the original FF7 storyline).
In the original FF7 Palmer doesn't see Sephiroth/Jenova until he kills President Shinra. In this one he sees TT Sephiroth in the hallway which alters the course causing President Shinra to not be found already dead by Cloud and co and with Palmer hiding to witness it all. This time Jenova (or TT Sephiroth) kills President Shinra AND Barret however the Whispers intervene to keep Barrett alive to keep their destiny on track as per the original FF7 storyline.

Eventually they make it to the end of the Midgar expressway where they would normally leave Midgar, however TT Sephiroth shows up to have Cloud and co defeat destiny. Cloud and co fight destiny and have flashforwards of what will happen if they do not defeat destiny (the original FF7 timeline).
They eventually defeat destiny allowing them to forge a new future where TT Sephiroth is in their timeline from the future. From here on out anything can happen.

TT Sephiroth then brings Cloud to the Edge of Creation and seems to be trying to help him. He tells him that now destiny has been defeated "That which lies ahead...does not yet exist" meaning he is now unsure of the future will unfold.
TT Sephiroth then looks towards the edge of creation saying "Our world will become a part of it...one day." followed by "nor will I have you end." insinuating that he wants to keep Cloud alive. He then asks Cloud to help him "defy destiny together". Cloud refuses and he is sent back to Midgar.

From here on out now that they aren't restricted by destiny to play out the storyline in the original FF7, anything can happen.
My guess is that Sephiroth has seen a far greater threat in the future of the universe and he wants Cloud's help to defeat it before all is lost, hence him saying they have 7 seconds until the end (I'm assuming Sephiroth took him to 7 seconds before the new 'greater threat' destroys them all).

As for Zack, it's possible Sephiroth helped him defeat the soldiers without him realizing it. The Whispers then surrounded Midgar to stop Zack from going there and changing destiny.
However when Cloud defeats destiny in the not so far future it destroys the whispers stopping Zack going home and allows him to live. I don't know they are a lot of holes in this theory.

I could be completely wrong but this is how I best interpreted the events.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
1 year ago#272
And that is not bad atall^^^^

Meaning well get the rest of FFVII, but now theyre not bound by the original per se, and can change whatever they want. Albeit, they wont change things too drastically. People need to calm down.
Looking forward to- FFVII Remake, RE3 Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Elden Ring

User Info: Zieru

Zieru
1 year ago#273
BraverGG posted...
**SPOILERS**

Sephiroth after the events of Advent Children has found a way to time travel to the past.
He time travels to Midgar just after the first mako reactor explosion. He meets Cloud in the back alley (which doesn't happen in the original FF7) and talks to him.
After Sephiroth talks to Cloud it alters the timeline so the guardians of destiny, the Whispers, show up to try and restore order and not let the past change due to Sephiroth's intervention.
As Cloud was delayed by TT (time travel) Sephiroth in the alley he would have missed running into Aerith thus changing the timeline forever, so the Whispers show up and keep Aerith in place so they can still both meet.

Throughout the rest of the game TT Sephiroth makes appearances and whenever these appearances alter how the characters would act the Whispers intervene to keep everything on track with destiny (the original FF7 storyline).
In the original FF7 Palmer doesn't see Sephiroth/Jenova until he kills President Shinra. In this one he sees TT Sephiroth in the hallway which alters the course causing President Shinra to not be found already dead by Cloud and co and with Palmer hiding to witness it all. This time Jenova (or TT Sephiroth) kills President Shinra AND Barret however the Whispers intervene to keep Barrett alive to keep their destiny on track as per the original FF7 storyline.

Eventually they make it to the end of the Midgar expressway where they would normally leave Midgar, however TT Sephiroth shows up to have Cloud and co defeat destiny. Cloud and co fight destiny and have flashforwards of what will happen if they do not defeat destiny (the original FF7 timeline).
They eventually defeat destiny allowing them to forge a new future where TT Sephiroth is in their timeline from the future. From here on out anything can happen.

TT Sephiroth then brings Cloud to the Edge of Creation and seems to be trying to help him. He tells him that now destiny has been defeated "That which lies ahead...does not yet exist" meaning he is now unsure of the future will unfold.
TT Sephiroth then looks towards the edge of creation saying "Our world will become a part of it...one day." followed by "nor will I have you end." insinuating that he wants to keep Cloud alive. He then asks Cloud to help him "defy destiny together". Cloud refuses and he is sent back to Midgar.

From here on out now that they aren't restricted by destiny to play out the storyline in the original FF7, anything can happen.
My guess is that Sephiroth has seen a far greater threat in the future of the universe and he wants Cloud's help to defeat it before all is lost, hence him saying they have 7 seconds until the end (I'm assuming Sephiroth took him to 7 seconds before the new 'greater threat' destroys them all).

As for Zack, it's possible Sephiroth helped him defeat the soldiers without him realizing it. The Whispers then surrounded Midgar to stop Zack from going there and changing destiny.
However when Cloud defeats destiny in the not so far future it destroys the whispers stopping Zack going home and allows him to live. I don't know they are a lot of holes in this theory.

oh my god... i dont think im gonna like this story

User Info: BraverGG

BraverGG
1 year ago#274
Zieru posted...
oh my god... i dont think im gonna like this story
Even if in the next game Cloud, Zack and Sephiroth team up to defeat 'the greater threat'?

User Info: Stover46

Stover46
1 year ago#275
BraverGG posted...
The game literally ends with them telling us the journey is now unknown so I'd say you're probably close to the mark
3DS FC: 4141-6111-4038
http://i.imgur.com/KAy7cdo.gif - so hyped http://i.imgur.com/RETdTVM.jpg

User Info: matt091282

matt091282
1 year ago#276
Fan Fiction Fantasy VII.
PSN ID: mpen91282

User Info: macknifficent89

macknifficent89
1 year ago#277
BraverGG posted...
**SPOILERS**

thank you, but i hate all of this.

User Info: PikachuMaxwell

PikachuMaxwell
1 year ago#278
Hmm...I personally think this change of events from the original is interesting....
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Favorite Characters: https://i.imgur.com/tcQlEb7.png
Nintendo Network Name: JohnJohn

User Info: matt091282

matt091282
1 year ago#279
Braver, I think you're 100% on the mark, and I...don't know what to think.
PSN ID: mpen91282

User Info: SpaceBear_

SpaceBear_
1 year ago#280
Well, post 212 has assuaged my fears a little so thanks for that.

I'm still not too happy, but I guess we just need to get used to the idea of it not being a like for like remake.

I just really how they can tell the story properly and have a proper coherent script that fleshes out ideas and characters and has as little of the asinine Advent Children/Kingdom Hearts fluff lines as possible.

"A scattered dream like a far off memory.....a far off memory like a scattered dream."

f*** outta here with that s***.
- God bless, downtime and TheSlinja. YNWA GameFAQs' Favourite Sons. -
Official Barman Of Champion Pub
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. My main issue with the ending leak (MASSIVE SPOILERS)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A