• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The Boss Scorpion's AoE Attack...

User Info: sleepercell99

sleepercell99
3 days ago#1
what's the best way to deal with that electrical AoE attack he does? I find that it's impossible to dodge out of the way on pure reaction alone and even if you try to block it it still sends you flying
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
3 days ago#2
Zoom out the camera so that you can see the attack name come up. When you see the name start moving out of the way. You can dodge it every single time with no worry.
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#3
Back away from him. His attacks go in a cycle. It's fairly easy to predict. If you're getting caught in it you're either getting too greedy or you're not paying attention.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Dimalva

Dimalva
3 days ago#4
it´ll always announce which attacks it´ll do next. As soon as you see "EMP Field", cancel anything you are doing as Cloud with a dodge roll, it usually covers enough distance, but you could always take a few more steps out if you still feel unsafe.

Barret is usually out of range for it, so you don´t have to worry too much about him unless you left him near the middle of the stage while controlling him.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
3 days ago#5
As Cloud the camera is rather poor and the attack isn't well telegraphed but you can get better about dodging it, or pacing yourself so you don't get caught in it. Can't remember if the attack name can just straight up can be off camera or if it is stuffed at the top of the screen where it is easy to miss.

On the other hand, if you are playing as Barret the fight is almost arbitrary. Block when the missiles come at you. Move/dash away when he charges up to grab at you. Ignore the rifles if you want because they are hysterically weak. And just stand back and spam.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#6
TomorrowDog posted...
Can't remember if the attack name can just straight up can be off camera or if it is stuffed at the top of the screen where it is easy to miss.

From what I remember it shows up ABOVE the enemy which is oh so helpful with the way the camera is.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: Kohelo

Kohelo
3 days ago#7
TomorrowDog posted...
Ignore the rifles if you want because they are hysterically weak.
It is indeed a bit silly that the Scorpion's rifle shots do like a fifth of the damage of a basic guard guy's.

User Info: _Emi_

_Emi_
3 days ago#8
Never had an issue avoiding the giant telegraphed circle on the ground.

If you see the ring on the ground just get away. It's not hard.

User Info: xeno_x-blade20

xeno_x-blade20
3 days ago#9
As already mentioned, dodge when the attack name appears over the Scorpion Sentinel's nametag; not when the animation is already beginning. It's much easier to dodge it that way.

Brocknoth posted...
From what I remember it shows up ABOVE the enemy which is oh so helpful with the way the camera is.
If you can see the entirety of the Guard Scorpion and/or the camera is angled up, the nametag with the attack name and everything else will appear close to its head most of the time. If not, it often appears close to the core of its body. When it jumps offscreen (either onto the wall or just back to the ground), the enemy HUD is still shown on the screen but it moves to the side that the SS moves to. No matter what, you'll be able to see it, and in my experience, I've never lost track of the enemy's HUD. That said, I do think it would've been better if they just had a fixed nametag with its other HUD elements all at the top of the screen.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy

User Info: omgseal

omgseal
3 days ago#10
_Emi_ posted...
Never had an issue avoiding the giant telegraphed circle on the ground.

If you see the ring on the ground just get away. It's not hard.
by the time you see the ring its too late.
"Dost thou love me? But thou must!"
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. The Boss Scorpion's AoE Attack...
  • Post New Message