• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I didn't really like the demo... but I'm still going to buy.
Anyone else feel this way? I'm not a huge fan of 7 anyways and I don't think it's aged well. However I like the effort they've put into the remake and I want it to do well. And even if it's not super fun or polished for me, I want to experience how they went about it. Midgar was my favorite part of the game anyways so this should be nice.

Not a huge fan of how they did cloud in the remake, but I love the take on Barret.

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
3 days ago#2
Care to explain what you mean by how they did Cloud?
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: SpaceshipDragon

SpaceshipDragon
3 days ago#3
Serenity_Lotus posted...
I guess he just sounded kinda young, looked a little scrawny and weak. I was hoping he would come across a bit more badass somehow. Barret was incredibly imposing visually and with his voice.

Cloud just seemed a little Disney Channel Emo for my taste, but I know that's the style he was in the original too. Less soldier and more soldier boy :/
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
3 days ago#4
Serenity_Lotus posted...
Yeah curious about that as well. Personally other than the button scheme annoying me at first I loved most of the demo.

SpaceshipDragon posted...
I guess he just sounded kinda young, looked a little scrawny and weak. I was hoping he would come across a bit more badass somehow. Barret was incredibly imposing visually and with his voice.

Cloud just seemed a little Disney Channel Emo for my taste, but I know that's the style he was in the original too. Less soldier and more soldier boy :/
Ah. Yeah well he is kind of a short 20 year old kid who was stuck in a pod for 4 years and then a vegetable for about a year so being scrawny fits. Don’t see him as emo at all though.

(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#5
For me Midgar was always the most annoying part. After you got out of that mess of a city, you were greeted with an amazing piece of music (Cloud's theme, aka the world map theme), and Kalm which was complete opposite of Midgar (chill and calming, I see what they did there, huehuehe). Not to mention bunch of other cool locations and towns.
Mr. Kojima always wins.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: nolanaced

nolanaced
3 days ago#6
SpaceshipDragon posted...

Gotta remember tho, Cloud did just spend the last 5 years living in a test tube with mako juice and Jenova cells
Instead of doing things twice, take twice as long the first time

User Info: BurningVigor

BurningVigor
3 days ago#7
This Cloud isn't as cool as the original one. You just have to keep that in mind. Back when I played FF7 I never imagined that Cloud would have such a young emo voice either.

User Info: Guru_Clef

Guru_Clef
3 days ago#8
My initial take was the opposite, I found Cloud to be a bit too muscular realistically for a guy stuck in a test tube, he seems thinner in the original artwork. And while Barret looks great, his voice actor does a good job when the man isn’t screaming at everyone for absolutely no reason. Calm the f*** down Barret.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Bennyb357

Bennyb357
3 days ago#9
Yeah I love the OG and I’m digging the remake too, but I agree with TC, Cloud definitely looks and sounds kinda emo or metro or something. My gf even says he looks like a lesbian lol! I’m hoping as I play through the game my opinion will change. Going to try to look at him as a dragon ball Z-type of character instead, that’s a little more cool IMO.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
3 days ago#10
Lesbians have a specific look? Cloud and Sephiroth always looked somewhat feminine.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I didn't really like the demo... but I'm still going to buy.
  • Post New Message