• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 days ago#31
ciscostudent561 posted...
Yeah outside the top 10 not hard to do

But Zidane can not be placed over Cecil and Ff9 is my 2nd fave FF after Ff6

1Cecil
2Cloud
3Zidane

The rest are fighting for 2nd and 3rd tier
Id put Tidus and Terra over Squall
Terra above Squall I can kinda understand, but Tidus? Makes less than no sense.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: gessekai

gessekai
2 days ago#32
blitz_0623 posted...
The bottom half is okay. But

* Tidus top 3
* Noctis and Cecil over Squall
* Not sure how I feel about Zidane as #1 since he almost had no flaws outside of his incident in Terra

I mean, Tidus is probably the most well-developed Final fantasy protagonist.
1Tekkaman posted...
Terra above Squall I can kinda understand, but Tidus? Makes less than no sense.
I think Squall has an awesome design and weapon but man hes just unbearable to me
I'm so cool look at me
And a girl has to pull him to dance
Hows that for leadership
Dont get me started on that guy

Laguna is waaaaay cooler

(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 days ago#34
gessekai posted...

Well developed doesn't mean a good protagonist. He's kind of along for the ride because he has to. His only other main attribute is giving Yuna enough laughs to handle her situation and give her the courage to attempt to change the direction of the summoner's path. However it's all Auron and Yuna guiding the story along.

Of all the protagonists in the FF series, Tidus and Vaan are the two weakest and most ineffectual and unimportant. At the least Tidus' is required for the end result given his connection to his father. However this makes him a pawn, not a shaper of events.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
2 days ago#35
For the glory of Terra!
http://i.imgur.com/FKTBLJp.jpg

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 days ago#36
gessekai posted...
No. No, he isn't. At minimum he loses out to Cecil, Cloud, Squall, and Zidane in that respect.

I think Squall has an awesome design and weapon but man hes just unbearable to me
I'm so cool look at me
Hows that for leadership

Laguna is waaaaay cooler
That pretty much ignores both the intricacies of his initial characterization and the way he develops over the course of the game. And Laguna? A buffoon. Handy at times, yes, but a buffoon.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#37
I'm so cool look at me
Hows that for leadership

Laguna is waaaaay cooler
All those points you listed are exactly what made his character development great

I agrre he has good development but i was admitting my personal distaste for character
I naturally dont like the too cool for school guys and squall was like cloud on steroids

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
2 days ago#39
@behindtheword

That’s awesome. The PlayStation games really had an impact on me as a kid and I miss Working Designs so much. They basically made their standard edition games deluxe editions and really tried hard to make their audience happy. Also weird realizing that Ashley Angel Parker from that boy band O-Town was Alex lol.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 days ago#40
XxGhaleonxX posted...
@behindtheword

That’s awesome. The PlayStation games really had an impact on me as a kid and I miss Working Designs so much. They basically made their standard edition games deluxe editions and really tried hard to make their audience happy. Also weird realizing that Ashley Angel Parker from that boy band O-Town was Alex lol.

Yeah, as much as I love the revamped WD, XSeed, it's not the same. The level of detail, the consideration. The booklets, the special boxes in the boxes to hold the trinkets. What they did with Arc the Lad was amazing. Took a simple game without a clear cut storyline and made worked in a storyline that was both very well written and executed, but matched nicely with the second game.

Like you, I'm very glad I had the luck of experiencing that era of thoughtfulness and artful dedication and love for good games.

Now if only NISA would attempt to at least walk back their current practices to match their initial offerings, then take a page and follow Atlus and Xseed. I don't see us ever going beyond what Xseed does. I hope I'm wrong on that. I definitely plan to pass on those treasures to my kids some day (no kids yet, but one day).
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked
  • Post New Message