• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
2 days ago#21
sano83 posted...
1. Ramza
2. Zidane
3. Squall
4. Vaan
5. Bartz
6. Tidus
7. Terra
8. Lunneth
9. Cecil
Unranked cause I never played the games: Firion, Lightning, Warrior of Light, Noctis.

I never played Tactics so I can't rank Gordon Ramsay. I would drop Vaan a lot lower myself, but not a bad list overall, though.
Mr. Kojima always wins.

User Info: sano83

sano83
2 days ago#22
VERY_GOOD_BOI posted...
I never played Tactics so I can't rank Gordon Ramsay. I would drop Vaan a lot lower myself, but not a bad list overall, though.
Final Fantasy Tactics is my favourite game of the franchise. I totally recommend you to give it a try (even if the second and third battle are brutal).
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: bill114

bill114
2 days ago#23
VayneSolo posted...
s***ty list, actually. Zidane at #1? Tidus at #3?? 😂

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
2 days ago#24
sano83 posted...
Final Fantasy Tactics is my favourite game of the franchise. I totally recommend you to give it a try (even if the second and third battle are brutal).

Sure, when I'm done with other games in my backlog (whole Trails in the Sky saga, Cold Steel III and IV, possibly FF7R and Cyberpunk 2077)

It's going to take a while. 😀
Mr. Kojima always wins.

User Info: ManaYuka

ManaYuka
2 days ago#25
Zidane
Cloud
(Locke- if he was the protagonist)
Cecil
Ashe
Terra
Ramza
Bartz
Noctis
Squall
(Vaan- if he was the protagonist)
Tidus
Lightning
Looking forward to- FFVII Remake, RE3 Remake, Trials of Mana Remake, Elden Ring
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
2 days ago#26
VayneSolo posted...
s***ty list, actually. Zidane at #1? Tidus at #3?? 😂
I can understand Zidane, but Tidus is way higher than he has any right to be.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#27
VERY_GOOD_BOI posted...
I don't wanna get into arguments online (especially on GameFAQs), since everyone has already made up their mind and the chance of changing that is close to zero. It's just a waste of brain power, I'm just curious what people think about the list tbh.
I'm genuinely curious why you think he was well written. Compared to the rest of XV sure, but as a character I felt he had no development.

Also, this is rich coming from Kojima's biggest fanboy. Just saying...
(edited 2 days ago)
Yeah outside the top 10 not hard to do

But Zidane can not be placed over Cecil and Ff9 is my 2nd fave FF after Ff6

1Cecil
2Cloud
3Zidane

The rest are fighting for 2nd and 3rd tier
Id put Tidus and Terra over Squall

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
2 days ago#29
Topic: eh, it's ok. I would say Cecil before Tidus. I think they should have accounted for Celes being the Protagonist in the second half of FF6, and she should have been listed as such. She's a much stronger character than Terra. Tidus is always ranked way too high. He just lacks any solid qualities that make him a leader to any degree. Yuna was a better written character, and a better leader overall. While Vaan was "generally" the protagonist, as we see the game through his eyes, he's more of a ridealong...there is no true main protagonist in 12, so they could have easily gone with Basch, Ashe, or Balthier given they move the story forward (almost equally between them). Even Penelo has more input than Vaan. That said I don't dislike Vaan, but he's more an observer which doesn't fit as a protagonist, which requires one be a "mover" and shaker of events. I guess he has one moment one Larsa, but it's still Larsa pulling the strings.

XxGhaleonxX posted...
John Truitt killed it as Ghaleon for the original games and PS1 remakes. Troy Baker was alright as him in the PSP remake I guess.

Time to bust this out again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTTobOm16Ro

Everytime I see your posts, that theme pops in my head, lol.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.
(edited 2 days ago)
@ManaYuka
Yeah Locke was the best character im FF6 And they were loaded with good ones... Terra kinda got outshined

Edgar, Cyan, Sabin, Kefka, General Leo were better characters
But Terra has a place in my heart
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked
  • Post New Message