• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
6 days ago#11
VERY_GOOD_BOI posted...
XV might be garbage as a whole, but Noctis is surely one of the better written characters.
What part about Noctis was well written? He was a baby until he got trapped in the crystal

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
6 days ago#12
Imo their list is pure s***, the only thing i agree with are the last 5 positions from 15 to 11 (more or less) probably 'cause i also see them as the ones with less characterization.
For the top 10 instead i couldnt disagree more, definitely not even remotely in line with my taste.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#13
For myself, I would rank them as follows.
Squall
Cloud
Zidane
Celes
Cecil
Bartz
Vaan
Terra
Lightning
Noctis
Tidus
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
6 days ago#14
VERY_GOOD_BOI posted...
I figured as much. The part where Ghaleon goes like: "Not Ghaleon, dear Quark, magic emperor Ghaleon!" always made me chuckle for some reason.

John Truitt killed it as Ghaleon for the original games and PS1 remakes. Troy Baker was alright as him in the PSP remake I guess.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
6 days ago#15
  1. Squall
  2. Tidus
  3. Cloud
  4. Noctis
  5. Lightning
  6. Terra
  7. Zidane
  8. Cecil
  9. Vaan
  10. Bartz
  11. Firion
  12. WoL-Onion Knight
TBH I only find the top 4 (Squall, Tidus, Cloud, Noctis) interesting. The rest either fall either in the generic good guy category, or in the edgy angsty category or are bland altogether.

User Info: EchoPianist

EchoPianist
6 days ago#16
I agree with the top 3. Only I would swap Tidus and Cloud (Tidus at 2 and Cloud at 3).

The rest seems mostly right to me as well.

I also think Ramza should have been included. I would have put him at number 4 in that list imo.

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#17
  1. Ramza
  2. Zidane
  3. Squall
  4. Vaan
  5. Bartz
  6. Tidus
  7. Terra
  8. Lunneth
  9. Cecil
Unranked cause I never played the games: Firion, Lightning, Warrior of Light, Noctis.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#18
That list . . . leaves much to be desired.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
6 days ago#19
s***ty list, actually. Zidane at #1? Tidus at #3?? 😂

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
6 days ago#20
blitz_0623 posted...
What part about Noctis was well written? He was a baby until he got trapped in the crystal

I don't wanna get into arguments online (especially on GameFAQs), since everyone has already made up their mind and the chance of changing that is close to zero. It's just a waste of brain power, I'm just curious what people think about the list tbh.
Mr. Kojima always wins.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked
  • Post New Message