• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#1
https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za/ranking-the-final-fantasy-protagonists/

What do you think? Personally I like their list.
Mr. Kojima always wins.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#2
"Vaan on the other hand doesn’t seem to have much going for him beyond his constantly stated desire to become a sky pirate, and his ability to stand in the background of cutscenes while more important people speak."
That made me chuckle.

The first bit on Terra description is definitly biased.

The bit on Tidus description about the laughing scene is pathetic at this point. Yes, the laughing scene is taked out of context, but that doesn't mean that it is not bad.

The lack of Ramza in that ranking is disturbing.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#3
sano83 posted...
The bit on Tidus description about the laughing scene is pathetic at this point. Yes, the laughing scene is taked out of context, but that doesn't mean that it is not bad.

I found it cute :>
Mr. Kojima always wins.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
3 days ago#4
The bottom half is okay. But

• Tidus top 3
  • Noctis and Cecil over Squall
  • Not sure how I feel about Zidane as #1 since he almost had no flaws outside of his incident in Terra

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
3 days ago#5
sano83 posted...
The lack of Ramza in that ranking is disturbing.

It was just the main numbered titles. They didn’t even rank protags from the sequels of the main titles so Tactics didn’t have a place being there either.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985
(edited 3 days ago)

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#6
blitz_0623 posted...
The bottom half is okay. But

* Tidus top 3
* Noctis and Cecil over Squall
* Not sure how I feel about Zidane as #1 since he almost had no flaws outside of his incident in Terra

XV might be garbage as a whole, but Noctis is surely one of the better written characters.
Mr. Kojima always wins.

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#7
XxGhaleonxX posted...
It was just the main numbered titles. They didn’t even rank protags from the sequels of the main titles so Tactics did t have a place being there either.

Your name always reminds me of Lunar games, lol.
Mr. Kojima always wins.

User Info: Hak

Hak
3 days ago#8
I agree with most of their comments, but not their ranking. And I really do wish that they accept that Vaan is, as they mention, an audience proxy rather than a primary protagonist - it is, without doubt, Ashe's story. While some of the other main party characters have crossovers with events, Ashe is the only one who is concerned with absolutely everything, and the one that the primary story is concerned with. Seriously, trade out ANY of the other MCs for literally anything else - up to and including inanimate objects - and the story still pans out the same way since Ashe is the one that needs to make the decisions important to the plot.

The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom....for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough. - William Blake

User Info: XxGhaleonxX

XxGhaleonxX
3 days ago#9
VERY_GOOD_BOI posted...
Your name always reminds me of Lunar games, lol.

Thats where it’s from. 1 and 2 are in my top 5 RPGs along with suikoden II, skies of Arcadia, and probably persona 5.
PlayStation: AcetonSkyhigh
Switch: SW-0738-7544-2985
(edited 3 days ago)

VERY_GOOD_BOI
3 days ago#10
XxGhaleonxX posted...
Thats where it’s from. 1 and 2 are in my top 5 RPGs along with suikoden II, skies of Arcadia, and probably persona 5.

I figured as much. The part where Ghaleon goes like: "Not Ghaleon, dear Quark, magic emperor Ghaleon!" always made me chuckle for some reason.
Mr. Kojima always wins.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Final Fantasy protagonists ranked
  • Post New Message