• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
3 days ago#31
Dawg this is one of the most cheating mini games I’ve ever played. Up to to one until the very last minute, of course after it forces Tidus out. Even though I had possession, they get the ball back. I managed to defend and get the ball back and run to my goalie with nobody around to try and wait it out. Of course, despite everyone saying “they won’t touch you if you’re behind your goalie“ a guy comes from the middle of the f***ing field and follows me in there, tackling me, and subsequently scored to tie it up and force the game to overtime. And of course I’m not allowed to put Tidus back in and get rid of one of these wet fish they call teammates smfh. If I lose again so help me God
Psn: EngGotStacks

EDawg
3 days ago#32
Yamaneko22 posted...
1st match is supposed to be extremely hard. Besaid Aurochs are considered as a joke team for a reason - they never won anything. Luca Goers however are the current champions on the home turf. What did you expect?
It’s supposed to be tough matchup’s. But I at least expect fair stat distribution. If I have 10 endurance, and the opponent has 9 tackle, I expect to survive the hit with 1 endurance. Of course, when that doesn’t happen, I’m rightfully like “what the f***,” especially since it usually doesn’t go the same way if they are the ones taking the hit. They usually take LESS of a hit, while I’m routinely overkilled, pun intended.

Thats not fun.

User Info: Jamesworkshop

Jamesworkshop
3 days ago#33
the reward is a single strenght sphere and not even a decent cutscene, super underwhelming for how difficult it is, their win should have been the biggest news to rival a certain wedding

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
3 days ago#34
EDawg posted...
Ugh. Unskippable cut scenes are a crime against humanity. That is the worst part about restarting to try to make sure I win

You aren't supposed to win the first game against the Goer's. You CAN but you don't HAVE to. Save yourself the frustration. Nothing changes either way anyways.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 3 days ago)

EDawg
3 days ago#35
Brocknoth posted...
You aren't supposed to win the first game against the Goer's. You CAN but you don't HAVE to. Save yourself the frustration. Nothing changes either way anyways.

Jamesworkshop posted...
the reward is a single strenght sphere and not even a decent cutscene, super underwhelming for how difficult it is, their win should have been the biggest news to rival a certain wedding

Damn. Is it really that underwhelming if you win? Like literally nothing changes of worth AT ALL??

If so, that seems like a huge oversight, especially after Wakka gives a retirement speech and all...

damn, my stubbornness makes me want to stick with it… But if it’s really that not worth it that really dampens my ambitions lol. And though this thread has been going all day, I was only playing between telework. So don’t think I’m so bad I’ve been trying nonstop lol. But I still have had about four resets so far at least

User Info: Jamesworkshop

Jamesworkshop
3 days ago#36
You can probably find it on youtube, I remember now when he quits the team is carry a compensating for someething sized trophy but it's not worth the hassle.

EDawg
3 days ago#37
I’m not gonna stop till I get it… But this s*** is grossly stacked against you and unfair. Every time it’s gonna go my way, they make the stats go “nope.” Looks like from what I’ve read, even if you’re a veteran, RNG can still play a pretty significant role.

Only good thing is I’m starting to understand the positioning so well, I’ll be a beast whenever the game gets fair and team stats even out

EDawg
3 days ago#38
Jamesworkshop posted...
You can probably find it on youtube, I remember now when he quits the team is carry a compensating for someething sized trophy but it's not worth the hassle.
Lol I did try to look it up on YouTube to see how worth it it would be, but then my stubbornness stopped me from looking it up and said “you better beat that s*** you little b****.”

So I guess I’ll just keep trying to beat that s*** 😔

User Info: Bastard_Sword

Bastard_Sword
3 days ago#39
Never really had any trouble with the Blitzball match... All strategies have been said before, but I'll give my .2

If they get the ball and score from the kick-off, just restart.

As soon as you get the ball, go manual

Pass around the Letty, Tidus and the defender on Tidus-side so he levels up. After 4 minute mark or so, break a defender with the other attacker of the Aurochs, draw out Graav, pass to Letty, immediately pass to Tidus. Try and break the last defender with Tidus to get a free shot away. If you timed it right, the half should end before they get even close to the goal from the restart regardless if you scored.

Equip Jecht Shot, hope to get the ball asap, take some time to pass around, hide until near the 2nd minute mark. Draw out Graav or the other defender with Letty, pass to Tidus and jecht shot Tidus defender + the other one.

Wakka should come in before the Goers should get close to the goal again and play restarts.

Get the ball back again, stall a bit more then go for the final goal with getting Wakka 1-1 on his defender (like in first half), try and break and get a Venom Shot off. Game should end again before the Goers get close to the goal.

That's 3-0 if you're lucky with getting the ball from kick-offs/game restarts/breaks. It's surprisingly easy to pull off though
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
3 days ago#40
>playing one of the worst games in the series as "preparation" for playing the remake of one of the best

what
Fade2black001 posted...
It funny cause he thinks a fictional character created existence and calling me stupid lol
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs
  • Post New Message