• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
6 days ago#21
Finally got a point. Then, my defense goes to s*** and lets them score 2 more..................

My s***ty teammates must not care much for Wakka, cuz they keep throwing away the game
Psn: EngGotStacks

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#22
So, if you are still having trouble, what you want is to have the ball.
Park the ball behind your keeper so the rival doesn't bother you.
When 3:30 or 4 min are wasted, pass the ball to Tidus and go near the rival keeper.
Do a Jetch Shot (which, in case you don't know, will take care of two defense players!), then the first match will probably end before the rival can score a goal.

For the next half, grab the ball and just park it behind your keeper for the whole five min.
The game will be interrupted, but you still should grab the ball and park it behind the keeer to let the time run out.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: theraniel

theraniel
6 days ago#23
I assume many wont agree with me, but I put Blitzball as my favourite minigame ever in a FF game. Could play it for hours and still enjoy it. Always woshed they made a full Blitzball game ala Madden and Fifa.
Do, or do not. There is no "try".

User Info: jericho777

jericho777
6 days ago#24
sano83 posted...
Neither Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X have good mini games.

Bahahahaha... sorry, but this is just false.
I was able to get zero losses in Blitz and max out everything and had a lot of fun doing so. It's doable and not that difficult. And FF7 had AMAZING mini games, especially if you played it 23 years ago. The FF7 snowboarding was highly addictive and responsive. Which other FF titles are you comparing them to exactly?
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#25
theraniel posted...
I assume many wont agree with me, but I put Blitzball as my favourite minigame ever in a FF game. Could play it for hours and still enjoy it. Always woshed they made a full Blitzball game ala Madden and Fifa.
Captain Tsubasa Vol. II: Super Striker and exists since 1990.

jericho777 posted...
I was able to get zero losses in Blitz and max out everything and had a lot of fun doing so. It's doable and not that difficult.
Great for you that enjoyed it.
But blitzball takes way too long and like you implied it, it is super easy. The only hard match is the first one.
There is no fun in spending 12 min per match (with load times and screens plus 5 min per half time) to win a tournament for (most of the times if you are not manipulating the RNG) a crappy item.

jericho777 posted...
And FF7 had AMAZING mini games, especially if you played it 23 years ago. The FF7 snowboarding was highly addictive and responsive.
I loathe the snowboarding mini game almost as much as I loathe the bike mini game.
Both are crap mini games, mandatory (at least once), and depending how you play them you can have a harder time with the motor ball boss or where you land in the glaciar.
I don't actually like any of the mini games of the Golden Saucer. The only one that I don't despise is the submarine one.
I played the game before the release of the PlayStation 2.

jericho777 posted...
Which other FF titles are you comparing them to exactly?
Final Fantasy VIII have Triple Triad and Final Fantasy IX have Chocobo Hot and Cold. Both beat the crap of any mini game in the franchise.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
6 days ago#26
Finally went into the half up 2-1, without even needing Jecht shot! I guess I should take everyone’s advice and just hide out behind the goalie for the second half if I’m able.

don’t get me wrong, I like it as a mini game. It’s cool as hell they thought of this interesting sport and ingrained it into the world, and the amount of thought that went into it is crazy. But I’m not a fan of having better stats, and the game just going “nope“ lol
Psn: EngGotStacks
One of the funnest mini games ever
Only triple triad beats it

User Info: Joseph689

Joseph689
6 days ago#28
Recruit brother then win

User Info: Jamesworkshop

Jamesworkshop
6 days ago#29
never won a game without memory manipulation to give me a 99 score

User Info: Yamaneko22

Yamaneko22
6 days ago#30
1st match is supposed to be extremely hard. Besaid Aurochs are considered as a joke team for a reason - they never won anything. Luca Goers however are the current champions on the home turf. What did you expect?
We embrace each other through our swords
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs
  • Post New Message