• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs

User Info: TritochZERO

TritochZERO
6 days ago#11
Learn and spam the Jecht Shot, everything else will work itself out
Also recruit the Al Bhed shopkeeper named Ropp to play defense.

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
6 days ago#13
Ugh. Unskippable cut scenes are a crime against humanity. That is the worst part about restarting to try to make sure I win
Psn: EngGotStacks

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#14
EDawg posted...
Haha yeah I had to switch to manual. Looks like everyone says that first game is a pain in the ass, but I still want to win. Gotta do it for Wakka Flocka.
It is certainly doable. Just score a goal (the closer you are to the rival keeper the less "shoot" power you will lose) and next time you grab the ball just swim until behind your own keeper and let the time run out.

Also, you can not recruit anyone before that match.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
The first match is stacked against you for reasons already stated. IIRC the range of your stat fluctuations is huge in blitzball, which isn't very clear or fun when the numbers are so close on paper.

So long as you can get one point, you should be able to play keep away and run the clock. In the original game(don't know of this was fixed in the remaster or if you're playing that), you can position the ball holder behind your own goalie, and the opposing team will back off and move into formation. Take your time getting your point once you have the ball, get Tidus close, and let Jecht Shot take care of up to two defenders on the way to the goal. As you've experienced, not allowing the Goers to roll dice against you is of the highest priority. Finesse your way across the field and take your time.

If you keep at it and win(there's truly no shame in letting the game go if you deem it not worth the struggle), congrats, and enjoy your Strength Sphere.

EDawg posted...
Ugh. Unskippable cut scenes are a crime against humanity. That is the worst part about restarting to try to make sure I win
The remaster had ONE job.
Stop reporting each other. Go post in other topics and chill. -spartan99ruler (Moderator)

User Info: Hak

Hak
6 days ago#16
The random deviation on the stats can go up to 50% of the stat value either way. If your value is 20, then it can be 10-30 for any rolls made. Since the Aurochs start with crap stats, like End 8 (4-12) against an opponent with an Atk 12 (6-18), you are going to lose a lot. The best thing in the match you play is to pass to Tidus, swim to the south edge while also moving forward, and BEFORE the opponent defender gets in your range to attack you, pass to your own defender on the same side. Push forward again, and Tidus will swim towards the goal. Then, also before the opponent gets into attacking range, pass back to Tidus, and use Jecht Shot.

Tidus will barely be able to survive an attack in that match, but Jecht Shot can take out 2 opponents, which is why it's so important to get.
The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom....for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough. - William Blake

User Info: marthogly

marthogly
6 days ago#17
Jecht shot helps A TON on that obligatory match with Goers since it can put 2 defenders out of commission. It's your only chance to win.

After that blitzball becomes very easy even you keep the original team because as they level up they can easily face the rest of the teams. The only difficult team will be the Al Bhed because they have an amazing goalkeeper who's catch stat far surpasses Tidus shot stat, and IIRC has a big chance to block even Sphere Shot.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: sano83

sano83
6 days ago#18
In case you did not know, the Jetch Shot can take out two defenders that are trying to block your shoot.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#19
And it's one of the better designed minigames, which tells you something.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
FinalFantasyVII posted...
Also recruit the Al Bhed shopkeeper named Ropp to play defense.

I like him as my MF, so he’s always in the middle of action. He has good pass abilities to make up for the low stat, if I recall
Never forget Cait Sith #1.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs
  • Post New Message