• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs

User Info: EDawg

EDawg
3 days ago#1
In a way, it’s like it’s my first time playing this game since I only played the beginning as a little kid. Im enjoying it a lot, but Im at that first Blitzball game you get to play, and WTF!?

This s*** is soooo skewed against you. Even when I have more endurance than they have strength (Tidus has like 11 En compared to the opponents 9 or 10 tackle), The game still decides I should lose the ball. Same thing with some blocks, sometimes it decides to just not register one of my players’ blocks. A bit of randomness is fine, but the other team is so stacked stat wise that it’s ridiculous. I can’t even reliably get the ball to Tidus for a Jecht shot. I am a noob, so maybe I’m missing something?

Never played final fantasy 7, but I hope there are less infuriating mini games in the remake
Psn: EngGotStacks
FFVII has much different minigames. The first Blitzball game is intentionally very difficult.

User Info: anime02

anime02
3 days ago#3
EDawg posted...
In a way, it’s like it’s my first time playing this game since I only played the beginning as a little kid. Im enjoying it a lot, but Im at that first Blitzball game you get to play, and WTF!?

This s*** is soooo skewed against you. Even when I have more endurance than they have strength (Tidus has like 11 En compared to the opponents 9 or 10 tackle), The game still decides I should lose the ball. Same thing with some blocks, sometimes it decides to just not register one of my players’ blocks. A bit of randomness is fine, but the other team is so stacked stat wise that it’s ridiculous. I can’t even reliably get the ball to Tidus for a Jecht shot. I am a noob, so maybe I’m missing something?

Never played final fantasy 7, but I hope there are less infuriating mini games in the remake
I remember people not liking the rock paper scissors type minigame in the golden saucer of FF7 but other than that I don't remember anything anyone hated. I look forward to the minigames in FF7R
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#4
In preparation for what?

Neither Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X have good mini games.

You don't have to win the first Blitzball game. It is great at the moment, but you can farm those keys very easily later, and unless you grind a lot you will not need it for a while.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.

User Info: Mattheus1

Mattheus1
3 days ago#5
EDawg posted...

Make sure you change the settings so you actually control your player. Blitzball gets alot easier as soon as you can actually swim away from opponents. The first game is rough but easily winnable. From then on blitzball is easy, love and life.

EDawg
3 days ago#6
sano83 posted...
In preparation for what?

Neither Final Fantasy VII or Final Fantasy X have good mini games.

You don't have to win the first Blitzball game. It is great at the moment, but you can farm those keys very easily later, and unless you grind a lot you will not need it for a while.
Just in preparation for a new final fantasy dude, don’t think too hard lol. It was a post about a different final fantasy game, which is technically off-topic, but since I started Final Fantasy 10 to get into the final fantasy spirit in preparation for FF7R, It’s all connected.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be

EDawg
3 days ago#7
Mattheus1 posted...
Make sure you change the settings so you actually control your player. Blitzball gets alot easier as soon as you can actually swim away from opponents. The first game is rough but easily winnable. From then on blitzball is easy, love and life.
Haha yeah I had to switch to manual. Looks like everyone says that first game is a pain in the ass, but I still want to win. Gotta do it for Wakka Flocka.
ignore sano he is an aggressive turd

User Info: Lockheart34

Lockheart34
3 days ago#9
It's supposed to be "difficult" for story purposes: The Besaid Aurochs are the worst team in Spira. I believe only Tidus and Wakka are worth keeping for later, though it's been years since I've played.

User Info: sano83

sano83
3 days ago#10
FinalFantasyVII posted...
ignore sano he is an aggressive turd
Not only I am not agressive, but you are being aggresive to me.
So I will give you the benefit of the doubt and congratulate you in being hypocrital on purpose.
Reinforcements?
I am the reinforcements.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Playing FFX in preparation... Blitzball is bs
  • Post New Message