• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you rather have had ff7 remake..

User Info: drvolcano

drvolcano
1 week ago#11
I get the feeling that if they one day manage to remake Chrono Trigger, then the first episode will cover until the end of the Millennial Fair!!
The light at the end of the tunnel is not an illusion. The tunnel is.
lilhurk1985187 posted...
1:1 actual remake. 1 disc,all the content,better graphics,added stuff. Thats a true remake. Look at Resident Evil Remake. That is how a true remame should be done.
One disc, but all the content and with better graphics AND the added stuff? That was never going to happen.

User Info: Boltens

Boltens
1 week ago#13
1:1 remake i keep my money because I have that game I'm sure some people will get it
PSN Boltens
zdjtko posted...
do you think the ps5 would probably have the power to fully scale ff7 like they wanted to and keep it one game?
It has nothing to do with console power and everything to do with cost/benefit in development.

Even with another 5 years, a full AAA 1:1 remake of OG VII is functionally impossible. It would take an absurd amount of time just to make all the graphical assets necessary and, at one $60 release, would be a money-pit the likes of which we haven't seen since the FF movie.

The only reason people keep screaming for a full 1:1 AAA remake of OG VII is because they're screaming in total ignorance of what is functionally possible and what isn't.
This is like taxpayers screaming for the government to give everyone mansions and bags of gold. These things can't be magicked into existence just because you want it.
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Civilization VI
From those two, I prefer the part structure we're getting since it offers an opportunity to expand upon the world and story points of the original and give me a "brand new" experience again with the VII cast and story. I wouldn't be as interested in a 1:1 remake if it didn't add any new content because I already know what to expect and what there is to do, so personally I could see myself waiting for a sale on that. It's the same sentiment I hold concerning Xenoblade: Definitive Edition, as an example. It's one of my favorite games of all time, but I was actually planning to pass on it at launch because I already just about 100%'d it years ago and I still have the game and the Wii set up to play whenever I wanted. After seeing the cut area they added at the end of the trailer and after playing XC2 though, I'm really looking forward to it.
Roman titles, Latin names, Japanese characters, Western vehicles, and Arthurian weapons. - Final Fantasy

User Info: tonberrymasta

tonberrymasta
1 week ago#16
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
It has nothing to do with console power and everything to do with cost/benefit in development.

Even with another 5 years, a full AAA 1:1 remake of OG VII is functionally impossible. It would take an absurd amount of time just to make all the graphical assets necessary and, at one $60 release, would be a money-pit the likes of which we haven't seen since the FF movie.

Yep. It is true they are remaking Resident Evil 2 and 3 as complete experiences but it is easier to do that when the original game is 1 disk and 7 hours long vs. FFVII where the original game was 3 disks and 70 hours long.

User Info: Evilhero1

Evilhero1
1 week ago#17
tonberrymasta posted...
Yep. It is true they are remaking Resident Evil 2 and 3 as complete experiences but it is easier to do that when the original game is 1 disk and 7 hours long vs. FFVII where the original game was 3 disks and 70 hours long.

Not to mention the assets. RE2 required significantly fewer as there weren't that many different areas and what, 10 different enemies? Whereas FF7 had 200+. Plus RE2 had two characters that functionally played and animated the same versus FF7 having 4 (not counting Red XIII) party members all with their own unique attacks, abilities and animations.
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...

The only reason people keep screaming for a full 1:1 AAA remake of OG VII is because they're screaming in total ignorance of what is functionally possible and what isn't.
This is like taxpayers screaming for the government to give everyone mansions and bags of gold. These things can't be magicked into existence just because you want it.

Well, you're very wrong as they can take all kinds of assets from their other games, but even if you were right, then just don't f***ing make it. If you can't do something the right way, don't do it at all.
bloop
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: 9936180

1 week ago#19
The_Undying_84 posted...
Well, you're very wrong as they can take all kinds of assets from their other games, but even if you were right, then just don't f***ing make it. If you can't do something the right way, don't do it at all.
Considering that people are excited at its current state, I guess they are doing some kind of right.
I'll take the episodes in chunks. I read books series that took fours years to be published. This is SquareEnix by the way, just like Kingdom Hearts, Square gonna squeeze it all together in one big package eventually.
After a few hours of solo, I will admit it does get lonely...
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you rather have had ff7 remake..
  • Post New Message