• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you rather have had ff7 remake..

User Info: zdjtko

zdjtko
5 days ago#1
Keep the same format be episodic with 3 parts on ps4 and ps5 or have it be delayed for 3 to 4 more years to switch to new generation console's and have it as an 1:1 remake as a ps5 exclusive game?

And do you think the ps5 would probably have the power to fully scale ff7 like they wanted to and keep it one game?
Basically would you rather get it in pieces but faster or have it all in one but take longer,
Granted I don't mind the episodic format I just hope they keep it at 3
Or 4 parts, anymore than that is pushing it and really a cash grab

User Info: silverden75

silverden75
5 days ago#2
i dont really want a 1:1 retelling since id end up getting bored quickly so id rather have what their doing now.
just a normal hermit with an obsession with stories.
I think 1:1 ps5 is coming anyway
Ep 2 already in development prolly 2022 release for ps4
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: Sacred_Penance

Sacred_Penance
5 days ago#4
I want as much of the story to both remain + be fleshed out as possible. So far, the part structure seems more capable of doing that, so thats my preference.

If they could actually make the whole game in one with as much detail as we've seen so far just in Midgar, I imagine it would take longer than 3-4 more years and would be more subject to developmental hell, and I just can't see them still being able to sell such a ginormous game at $60 w.o doing something like having the worst kind of DLC, skimping on major elements, events etc.

But a pure 1:1 on the PS5 I would like, but I think the finished series in parts might be more rewarding in the end, because it would essentially just be an HD remake of the game. It is substantial, but the original would probably still be better.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: zdjtko

zdjtko
5 days ago#5
Sacred_Penance posted...
I want as much of the story to both remain + be fleshed out as possible. So far, the part structure seems more capable of doing that, so thats my preference.

If they could actually make the whole game in one with as much detail as we've seen so far just in Midgar, I imagine it would take longer than 3-4 more years and would be more subject to developmental hell, and I just can't see them still being able to sell such a ginormous game at $60 w.o doing something like having the worst kind of DLC, skimping on major elements, events etc.

But a pure 1:1 on the PS5 I would like, but I think the finished series in parts might be more rewarding in the end, because it would essentially just be an HD remake of the game. It is substantial, but the original would probably still be better.
Oh i think we all know good an well that they gonna make an hd collection with all parts on it but thats like 6 or 7 years into the future lol

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
5 days ago#6
Oh, it's this topic again.
http://i.imgur.com/NULWMqf.jpg http://i.imgur.com/G84Irq6.jpg
Sup Zach good to see you around again

User Info: lilhurk1985187

lilhurk1985187
4 days ago#8
1:1 actual remake. 1 disc,all the content,better graphics,added stuff. Thats a true remake. Look at Resident Evil Remake. That is how a true remame should be done.
Nu gamers..Such a disgrace. Content on spending more for absolute LESS and dont care they are getting ripped off.

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
4 days ago#9
The thing I like most IS the story expansion and the larger location areas that feel like they're actual real locations instead of set pieces like older FFs. I don't think a console generation change is going to make that any easier. It might load faster, but storage mediums and development times aren't getting that much faster.

This version we're getting suits me just fine.

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 days ago#10
1:1 is extremely uninteresting for me so im perfectly happy with what we are having.....and since the developers think the same a 1:1 remake would never happen anyway.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Would you rather have had ff7 remake..
  • Post New Message