• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm happy about how its going to be 3 games
Kalkano posted...
4 minimum, maybe 5.
Haha no way

User Info: amerk

amerk
4 days ago#42
ciscostudent561 posted...
Haha no way
I think it'll depend on where they end Part 2. If it stops at or around Nibelheim, I'd say closer to 4 depending how much they want to expand the lore of the ancients, the Temple and Forgotten City, and everything up to giving the Black Materia.

If they at least go through the events of the Forgotten City in Part 2, then probably just 3.

User Info: Evilhero1

Evilhero1
4 days ago#43
Sacred_Penance posted...
I'm sorry, but you must be a blind fanboy to not be outraged by what is clearly Square milking consumers for money with little regard for the integrity of the original at all. Like the game or not, you simply can't deny that the entire thing is an evil cash grab that you are falling for, have higher standards!

Just kidding, but some people will say things to that effect lol.

Not sure why people think this is a cash grab. SE just doing an 1:1 remake with better graphics would have been a lazy cash grab. Instead they're actually putting effort into making a new experience and adding to it.

You're talking as if SE is just making the whole thing, then chopping it and selling it in parts. In reality, they have to spend time, effort and money into making multiple games. The only slack that's being cut for them is that they have the overall story already written for them, and even that has to be reorganized and expanded on.
(edited 4 days ago)
Sacred_Penance posted...
I'm sorry, but you must be a blind fanboy to not be outraged by what is clearly Square milking consumers for money with little regard for the integrity of the original at all. Like the game or not, you simply can't deny that the entire thing is an evil cash grab that you are falling for, have higher standards!

Just kidding, but some people will say things to that effect lol.

Those people apparantly blindly jump on the hate train and don't get that this "milking" strategy doesn't work if you put s*** load of money and other resource into a series of games, where each sequel will sell worse than the previous game. Because who's gonna buy part III if he didn't finish or even play part I?
Evilhero1 posted...
Not sure why people think this is a cash grab. SE just doing an 1:1 remake with better graphics would have been a lazy cash grab. Instead they're actually putting effort into making a new experience and adding to it.

You're talking as if SE is just making the whole thing, then chopping it and selling it in parts. In reality, they have to spend time, effort and money into making multiple games. The only slack that's being cut for them is that they have the overall story already written for them, and even that has to be reorganized and expanded on.
It is a cash grab. An incomplete multi part full priced cash grab. Look at my very true motto.
Nu gamers..Such a disgrace. Content on spending more for absolute LESS and dont care they are getting ripped off.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
3 days ago#46
Kingdom Hearts continues to grow in popularity regardless of people actually understanding what's going on in the story, and FFXV is steadily selling its way to 10 million.

All they need are some fancy trailers of giant monsters battling the party and tearing up the environment in PS5 graphics, with a quick shot+theme tease of a certain One-Winged Angel...and the main target audience of "casuals" will consider buying it regardless of playing the previous two games.

User Info: sehr0

sehr0
3 days ago#47
Im excited for part 2 way more than 1, we have seen midgar many times in many different games but the rest of the world was never really recreated, i love the battle system and i want to experience it in more open areas and explore different towns old school jrpg style.

i think part 2 will be advertised as an open world game like ff15 and maybe they will add new elements like camping and cooking.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Okikurmi

Okikurmi
3 days ago#48
Even SE have said they don't know how Many parts it will be.
I...am...Alexander. Tremble...before me... Worship...my greatness... I shall ascend to the heavens...

User Info: MyloMane

MyloMane
2 days ago#49
For those asking why I think its 3 parts. Well, I've heard that or read that many places, and thought that it was established. I don't have an opinion or reason why as far as theories. If its 2 parts or 5 parts I don't care, I'm just glad we are getting more.
Love God and proud of it. Steam, Origin, PSN, Switch: mylomane

User Info: Kalkano

Kalkano
2 days ago#50
It's just baseless speculation when people say that. It's usually "because the original game was 3 discs", which means nothing.
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem 13: Three Houses (Yes, 13, fight me)- Seiros Path
Shining Force 3 Chronology - http://tinyurl.com/kwjsvyb
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm happy about how its going to be 3 games
  • Post New Message