• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm happy about how its going to be 3 games

User Info: MyloMane

MyloMane
1 week ago#31
ChipNoir posted...
Is it really milking if enough people actually view the quality of content as worth their money and time?

I think its still milking, whether intentional or not. But, I don't see milking as a bad thing at all lol. How the heck, as a business, would milking be bad if you are giving fans more of what they want?

Shoot I wish everything I liked was milked. Milk Mother series please, Milk Dragon Quest, Milk Ni No Kuni.

Milking is bad when its DLC and causes unfair advantage in multiplayer, or if its way overblown and unreasonable pricing for what you are getting. This is good milking.
Love God and proud of it. Steam, Origin, PSN, Switch: mylomane

User Info: tdane14

tdane14
1 week ago#32
ChipNoir posted...
Is it really milking if enough people actually view the quality of content as worth their money and time?

Yea, but not bad milking lol. Look at Disney, they are the kings of milking things, and people love their stuff -though lately...they aren’t a good example tbh.

The Kingdom Hearts series I would say is a bad milking - sour milking.

MyloMane posted...
I think its still milking, whether intentional or not. But, I don't see milking as a bad thing at all lol. How the heck, as a business, would milking be bad if you are giving fans more of what they want?

Shoot I wish everything I liked was milked. Milk Mother series please, Milk Dragon Quest, Milk Ni No Kuni.

Milking is bad when its DLC and causes unfair advantage in multiplayer, or if its way overblown and unreasonable pricing for what you are getting. This is good milking.

Well said!

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
1 week ago#33
I mean, it is 3 titles retreading a world that are ultimately going to eat up like 10 years of development time.

This isn't some sort of breaking innovative technology of making direct sequels. They could have just made PS1 the FFVII console and expanded areas to be larger and have more events. But, y'know, then FFVIII and FFIX wouldn't exist. Or just everything in Final Fantasy would be pushed back a generation.

I kind of find it more ambitious that we got VII, VIII, IX, X, Tactics and Kingdom Hearts in the span of like 5 years. So many adventures, so many ideas, so many great moments, so much MEANINGFUL content. Now Final Fantasy is a 5 year wait for one city to get a pretty remake, and most of the franchise is just annual releases and monthly updates to mobile fanservice games.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
1 week ago#34
I want more then 3 parts..
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it

User Info: chaosinuyasha

chaosinuyasha
1 week ago#35
How bold of you TC assuming it'll be 3 parts and not a more reasonable 30 parts as they want to milk us as dry as the virus is doing to society atm
PSN: ChaosInuYasha (make sure you give me fair warning as to where you met me and why you wanna add)
Official Kaguya Ootsutsuki of the UNStorm 4 board

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
1 week ago#36
MyloMane posted...

Well most people are using it in a negative connotation, plus one could say literally any new Final Fantasy game, remake or not would be "milking" the brand.

User Info: Kalkano

Kalkano
1 week ago#37
It's not going to be 3 games.
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem 13: Three Houses (Yes, 13, fight me)- Seiros Path
Shining Force 3 Chronology - http://tinyurl.com/kwjsvyb
Magoichi posted...
Well most people are using it in a negative connotation, plus one could say literally any new Final Fantasy game, remake or not would be "milking" the brand.
There is a time where a series should stop being made. FF is one of them.
Nu gamers..Such a disgrace. Content on spending more for absolute LESS and dont care they are getting ripped off.
Kalkano posted...
It's not going to be 3 games.
What's ur guess

User Info: Kalkano

Kalkano
1 week ago#40
ciscostudent561 posted...
What's ur guess

4 minimum, maybe 5.
Currently Playing for the First Time: Fire Emblem 13: Three Houses (Yes, 13, fight me)- Seiros Path
Shining Force 3 Chronology - http://tinyurl.com/kwjsvyb
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. I'm happy about how its going to be 3 games
  • Post New Message