• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?

User Info: anime02

anime02
1 week ago#61
game freakozoid posted...
People on this board who are trying to be overtly negative are referring to it as episodic.
So? Why let them make "episodic" a bad term? To me episodic is just another way to say sequel. plenty of media I watch and play has been "episodic" in nature and much of it having full stories while also having over arching stories. Like Xenosaga "episode 1" pn the ps2 which has been on of my go to examples because of the title. Or TV shows like Doctor Who. just look up "Bad Wolf". Episodic is not a negitive, they want it to be a negitive so people think FF7R will be some short game like a tailtale games were.
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 week ago#62
anime02 posted...
So? Why let them make "episodic" a bad term? To me episodic is just another way to say sequel. plenty of media I watch and play has been "episodic" in nature and much of it having full stories while also having over arching stories. Like Xenosaga "episode 1" pn the ps2 which has been on of my go to examples because of the title. Or TV shows like Doctor Who. just look up "Bad Wolf". Episodic is not a negitive, they want it to be a negitive so people think FF7R will be some short game like a tailtale games were.
The funniest part about this is the argument just comes down to a battle of semantics

anime02
1 week ago#63
blitz_0623 posted...
The funniest part about this is the argument just comes down to a battle of semantics
I think the semantic argument spawns from the refusal to believe stories can be exapnded, so that they can claim because they know (most of) what the overarching story is going to be it cannot be a full game.
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 week ago#64
anime02 posted...
I think the semantic argument spawns from the refusal to believe stories can be exapnded, so that they can claim because they know (most of) what the overarching story is going to be it cannot be a full game.
It spawns from the word remake. People have varying definitions of it. Honestly if Square titled this differently there would be less whiners. But because they see "remake" they feel entitled to the full original game and I don't blame them. It is what it is, but it becomes annoyingly pathetic when they keep spitting out the same arguments when it won't change anything. The same goes for the other side who keeps defending it using books and other trilogies/series. It is what it is, just stop talking about it because it adds nothing to the discussion.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 week ago#65
anime02 posted...
So? Why let them make "episodic" a bad term?

Ofc its not a bad term, it's just that used for videogames that term "recently" has often been used for a completely different formula so used in this context it can be misleading, infact for people that want to just spread s*** it's easy to use that term to create confusion.....and looking at this board is quite evident.

Anyway SE themselves never referred to this project as episodic, probably to avoid this exact "misunderstanding"

blitz_0623 posted...
Honestly if Square titled this differently there would be less whiners.
Sorry dude but that's being very naive considering that even blind people can see that in places like this the usual complainers have used pretty much any possible excuse to talk s*** about this, including completely fake as hell rumors (hae you people already forgotten the "Dan Tsukasa's BS"? Just to mention one of the more popular,lol).....so yeah, nope.

Also there is nothing wrong in calling this "Remake" since anyone can take a dictionary and see in an instant that the definition for "remake" is actually very broad and this reimagining is 100% included in that. People that whine like crazy is because they WANT to whine, so nothing would have changed anyway.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 week ago#66
Didn't IGN call it episodic which is what started this whole mess?
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

anime02
1 week ago#67
blitz_0623 posted...
It spawns from the word remake. People have varying definitions of it. Honestly if Square titled this differently there would be less whiners. But because they see "remake" they feel entitled to the full original game and I don't blame them. It is what it is, but it becomes annoyingly pathetic when they keep spitting out the same arguments when it won't change anything. The same goes for the other side who keeps defending it using books and other trilogies/series. It is what it is, just stop talking about it because it adds nothing to the discussion.
uh no? people can discuss anything they want to. it may not add anything for you but you dont have to read it. and there is a difference between people using examples to prove a point and people stating nothing but opinion. the both sides are bad argument is just bulls***.

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#68
spikethedevil posted...
Didn't IGN call it episodic which is what started this whole mess?

These same people that couldn't tell the difference between WoL and Kain.

User Info: NM_hunter

NM_hunter
1 week ago#69
Rahsiel30 posted...
dont people get bored to discuss this topic already. People jump from one thread to another and just repeat everything they already wrote 100 times.
I swear. "waaaah it's not a full game" and "waaaah it's not turn based" has been going on since 2015. Why don't people just do it once, get it over, and just stop coming back to whine about it?

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#70
NM_hunter posted...
I swear. "waaaah it's not a full game" and "waaaah it's not turn based" has been going on since 2015. Why don't people just do it once, get it over, and just stop coming back to whine about it?

Same reason I'm back. I don't actually give a s*** what anyone here thinks. Arguing with the trolls is venting off energy and combative behavior that I don't want to put the people I actually like like and respect through in these stressful times. I can slam my head against people like Undying over and over and he'll just pop back like a Bobo doll.

It's very theraputic.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
  • Post New Message