• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
altblahblahblah posted...
they are not actual episodes, thats not what episodic means, its just parts of a larger whole, less like the telltale games, and more like the .hack games, which were multiple full, standalone games, telling a larger story.

FF7 part 2 and 3 (and possibly more) will likely follow a more or less normal dev cycle, that is to say...part two is 100% a ps5 game, and likely coming 3 years from now, at the earliest. Its possible they've been developing them all at once and it could be yearly installments, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I imagine part 2 will be the rest of disc 1, that is to say, the events on the west contintent, ending in the you know...big spoiler thing

part 3 will likely be all of disc 2 and disc 3 (disc 3 was only 2 dungeons in the original iirc)

But really...nobody knows beyond the fact that this game is only midgar...kinda (it looks like its probably actually up to and through junon, ending when the party arrives at costa del sol), and they do plan on doing the rest at a later date.

So they've already confirmed part 2 will be PS4 though probably also on PS5 and that they started development on it end of last year. Also, your spoilered ending isn't actually true. The Demo leak pretty much confirmed that the game ends at Midgar escape though with a different final boss (something the devs have also confirmed). I won't post who it is just so you aren't spoiled.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
4 days ago#32
Flare1721 posted...
Id be okay if they went straight to PS5.
Same.
game freakozoid posted...
Because most people are fine with it. Square Enix has very well documented that this is part 1 and not the entirety of the game. They have said so since literally 2015. Most people have come to terms with it. You get a few people who are so in their head that they can't see the forest for the trees but that's not really on Square at this point.

Well you can hardly say "most people" are fine with it - I can assure you, the majority of people will not buy it. Not even the majority of PS4 owners. Or the majority of people who have bought FF games in the past.

Enough people are fine with it to make it profitable, that's almost certainly true. But even if it makes money, the company could potentially have made more money by going a different way.
I feel pretty confident that if, instead of putting the time and effort of 3+ games into an FF7 remake, they simply made a conventional remake, then spent all that extra effort on brand new FF games, they would make considerably more money than this will.

altblahblahblah posted...
thats the myth, yes, but the truth is farm more complicated, economics and human psycology is far more complex, doing as customers want, within reason, is a good idea, but you certainly can't give in to every demand, or even most of them.

My point was simply that any potential consumer has the right to make whatever purchasing decisions they want, for whatever reason they want, and they have the right to talk about what decisions they made, and why, as much as they want.
bloop
The_Undying_84 posted...
Well you can hardly say "most people" are fine with it - I can assure you, the majority of people will not buy it. Not even the majority of PS4 owners. Or the majority of people who have bought FF games in the past.

Enough people are fine with it to make it profitable, that's almost certainly true. But even if it makes money, the company could potentially have made more money by going a different way.
I feel pretty confident that if, instead of putting the time and effort of 3+ games into an FF7 remake, they simply made a conventional remake, then spent all that extra effort on brand new FF games, they would make considerably more money than this will.

Obviously huge glaring logical fallacy here that needs to be pointed out. You are trying to correlate people that don't buy it with people not being fine with it while also trying to include the entire population. Obviously that logic is extremely flawed and would mean that most people weren't fine with the original FF7. Nor are most people fine with any video game. Hell, by that terrible logic we can now conclude that most people aren't fine with literally anything.

In the future before you post crap like that, make sure that it can't easily be torn apart.

And next I'll point out how you have absolutely zero basis to that confidence and from what we've seen from your posts I would personally feel uncomfortable taking what you say at any value.
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
4 days ago#35
The_Undying_84 posted...

My point was simply that any potential consumer has the right to make whatever purchasing decisions they want, for whatever reason they want, and they have the right to talk about what decisions they made, and why, as much as they want.

Do you...have exposure to ANYONE outside this little toxic bubble of a forum? Cause I'm on staff on a subreddit of about 23.k subscribed members, and during peak hours can have upwards of 1k users enthusiastically talking about the remake or at least engaging with upvotes on comments that are generally positive.

What reality are YOU living in?
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: anime02

anime02
4 days ago#36
Obviously huge glaring logical fallacy here that needs to be pointed out. You are trying to correlate people that don't buy it with people not being fine with it while also trying to include the entire population. Obviously that logic is extremely flawed and would mean that most people weren't fine with the original FF7. Nor are most people fine with any video game. Hell, by that terrible logic we can now conclude that most people aren't fine with literally anything.

In the future before you post crap like that, make sure that it can't easily be torn apart.

And next I'll point out how you have absolutely zero basis to that confidence and from what we've seen from your posts I would personally feel uncomfortable taking what you say at any value.
even going with his next goal post of most ps4 owners, that would still lead to more people than those that buy no matter what game you use.
Who cares about console sales? The same type of people that care about which band of colored helmets can run their handegg acrossed a field the most.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 days ago#37
The_Undying_84 posted...
The market tragically disagreeing with me about everything would not change how capitalism works...........
Fixed

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 days ago#38
Ah, the joy of people discovering Undying and Evan for the first time is really something special

Yes, I'm aware of all that. My point was that saying "most people" want or will do any given thing was stupid.

My basis is the declining sales of any similar such endeavor. Episodic game series have consistently declined in sales from game to game, for rather predictable reasons. It's pretty unlikely that they would actually gain sales, and plenty of people will decide they didn't like the first and not buy the others. It happened to Starcraft 2 and Half life, to give some of the more high profile examples. And not that it was really episodic, but since Squenix themselves like to make the comparison, it also happened to the FFXIII series.

Compare that to a normal remake plus FFXVI and FFXVII. RE2make sold more than the original game, so a relatively normal remake can certainly make plenty of money (and I should also point out that it would almost certainly cost a lot less to make). And obviously, a normal, new, full numbered FF game can make plenty of money too. Unless doing FF7R this way leads to much higher sales than even a new FF game would get, which I think is incredibly unlikely, then this way would be less profitable than the way I think they should have done it.

Now obviously, FFXVI and XVII can exist at some point in the future anyways, but they could come out a lot sooner if the resources of FF7R part 2/3 went towards them instead.

ChipNoir posted...
Do you...have exposure to ANYONE outside this little toxic bubble of a forum? Cause I'm on staff on a subreddit of about 23.k subscribed members, and during peak hours can have upwards of 1k users enthusiastically talking about the remake or at least engaging with upvotes on comments that are generally positive.

What reality are YOU living in?

23.2k, so, less than 1% of what any FF game would hope to sell. IE nothing more than self selecting anecdotal evidence.

And of f***ing course reddit is mostly positive. Reddit is designed to crush any dissenting opinions. It's a garbage format for a forum.
bloop
(edited 4 days ago)
anime02 posted... even going with his next goal post of most ps4 owners, that would still lead to more people than those that buy no matter what game you use.

Yeah, lol by his logic Uncharted 4 which sold 16 million copies on PS4 was a hated game because that also means around 85 million PS4 owners chose not to buy it even though it has a 93 on metacritic.

Also going by this, Ocarina of Time, one of the highest rated games ever was also a hated game because only about a fifth of people that owned a N64 bought it.

KarmelCHAOS posted...
Ah, the joy of people discovering Undying and Evan for the first time is really something special

Honestly, I already know about them. It is just fun to mess with them and see them to struggle coming up with a response.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
  • Post New Message