• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?

User Info: dudeitscool

dudeitscool
1 week ago#21
Brocknoth posted...
Because it was litearally a 4-6 hours stretch in OG 7. Square has been insisting that it's a "full game" on par with other FF games which means they've taken that 4-6 odd hours and streeeeeeeeeeched it into 30-40 hours at minimum. NO ONE asked for that. And there isn't enough friggin' content in that 4-6 hours to even fill that gap. It's worrying honestly.

and how do you know this? It took me less time to read the equivalent of the first season of walking dead comic than to watch the show. Expansion of specific things can be fluffed but without a lot of filler. Honestly I think people wanting 50 hours of gameplay for a paltry $60 need to understand the value of money. NES games cost $60 and could be beaten in under 10 hours. But $60 in 1980s was far more than $60 is in 2020 due to inflation.
PSN: Winters_Doomsday
SteamID: italianpride17
The_Undying_84 posted...
It's perfectly fair to want to be able to get all the content of the original game for the price of a normal game.

Even if they do expand it sufficiently (which I sincerely doubt, don't even really consider possible in fact), that just means you're being forced to pay extra for a bunch of stuff you don't necessarily want.

It's like if you went to a restaurant, and you just wanted a sandwich, but instead of just selling a sandwich, they said in order to get bread, you had to buy fries with it, and to get the meat, you had to buy a drink with it, and to get the condiments, you had to a buy dessert with it.

And guess what, if that is that restaurants policy then that is totally fine. You are confusing with what YOU personally want with what is okay. You don't get to make demands. It is not your product and you are the consumer. Otherwise you are the sterotypical "Karen" meme which gets made fun of by literally the entire internet.

What you get to decide is if the product as presented is enough for you. If it is then good. If it isn't then you are fully free to go somewhere else. It is completely silly, illogical, and self centered to state that said restaurant must conform to what you want. Hell, you might even say it is immoral.

dudeitscool posted... and how do you know this? It took me less time to read the equivalent of the first season of walking dead comic than to watch the show. Expansion of specific things can be fluffed but without a lot of filler. Honestly I think people wanting 50 hours of gameplay for a paltry $60 need to understand the value of money. NES games cost $60 and could be beaten in under 10 hours. But $60 in 1980s was far more than $60 is in 2020 due to inflation.

They don't which is the problem. They are talking out of their ass because they don't have the imagination to see how it could work. Works get expanded all the time. This is literally a made up world here. It is extremely easy to expand on the content to make it a more realized world. If you don't have the imagination to see how that could work, then that's on you.
(edited 1 week ago)
If that's the restaurant's policy then that restaurant isn't lasting a month.

Consumers get to demand whatever the hell they want, that's how the economy works. You make a product I want or you don't get my money.
bloop
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#24
Brocknoth posted...
Because it was litearally a 4-6 hours stretch in OG 7. Square has been insisting that it's a "full game" on par with other FF games which means they've taken that 4-6 odd hours and streeeeeeeeeeched it into 30-40 hours at minimum. NO ONE asked for that. And there isn't enough friggin' content in that 4-6 hours to even fill that gap. It's worrying honestly.

Prove it.
The_Undying_84 posted...

Consumers get to demand whatever the hell they want, that's how the economy works. You make a product I want or you don't get my money.

There are tons of restaurants with weird rules of how they do things. Many of them are extremely successful. There's goes that idea.

And lol okay. Consumers really don't get to demand what they want. Yes, markets will a lot of times play to consumers as a whole but individually demands really rarely work out. But if you truly believe that then I guess we will just see if the Remake is successful or not. If it is then your argument is basically bust.
The market tragically disagreeing with me about how bad this game is would not change how capitalism works...........
bloop
The_Undying_84 posted...
The market tragically disagreeing with me about how bad this game is would not change how capitalism works...........

Because most people are fine with it. Square Enix has very well documented that this is part 1 and not the entirety of the game. They have said so since literally 2015. Most people have come to terms with it. You get a few people who are so in their head that they can't see the forest for the trees but that's not really on Square at this point.
they are not actual episodes, thats not what episodic means, its just parts of a larger whole, less like the telltale games, and more like the .hack games, which were multiple full, standalone games, telling a larger story.

FF7 part 2 and 3 (and possibly more) will likely follow a more or less normal dev cycle, that is to say...part two is 100% a ps5 game, and likely coming 3 years from now, at the earliest. Its possible they've been developing them all at once and it could be yearly installments, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I imagine part 2 will be the rest of disc 1, that is to say, the events on the west contintent, ending in the you know...big spoiler thing

part 3 will likely be all of disc 2 and disc 3 (disc 3 was only 2 dungeons in the original iirc)

But really...nobody knows beyond the fact that this game is only midgar...kinda (it looks like its probably actually up to and through junon, ending when the party arrives at costa del sol), and they do plan on doing the rest at a later date.
The_Undying_84 posted...

thats the myth, yes, but the truth is farm more complicated, economics and human psycology is far more complex, doing as customers want, within reason, is a good idea, but you certainly can't give in to every demand, or even most of them.

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#30
altblahblahblah posted...
But really...nobody knows beyond the fact that this game is only midgar...kinda (it looks like its probably actually up to and through junon, ending when the party arrives at costa del sol), and they do plan on doing the rest at a later date.

Eeeeerm. You're a little late to the party on this one.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
  • Post New Message