• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#11
Ahmad567 posted...
I find this disappointing. I disagree that it's a full game. Yes it may be expanded with added features, but so much of the game was after Midgar.

So you don't like Midgar at all? It has no inherent value for you?

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
1 week ago#12
ChipNoir posted...
So you don't like Midgar at all? It has no inherent value for you?
It shouldn't be the entire game. Maybe it was fine when it was 10-15% of a 40 hour game, now that's all the game is. Very big difference.

User Info: ChipNoir

ChipNoir
1 week ago#13
Evan_Forever posted...
It shouldn't be the entire game. Maybe it was fine when it was 10-15% of a 40 hour game, now that's all the game is. Very big difference.

Why?

User Info: Estabon1

Estabon1
1 week ago#14
Can’t stand the whole “not a full game” comments, seriously. It’s a full game. It is not a 1:1 remake of FFVII in one release, but it is a game. Inb4 “so, you’ve played it,” which is just a silly remark.

It is blatantly being expanded on, and worked on by the original’s director and one of the writers, to be the definitive version of Midgar. It’s not like it’s going to be the same 6 hours of Midgar for $60.
I wanna put on my Reeboks, and get on top of his esophagus,
and watch the apocalypse drop him in necropolis ^S^
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Flare1721

Flare1721
1 week ago#15
Id be okay if they went straight to PS5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8XFPkB7csg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia4NXJeDJkk

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
1 week ago#16
Ahmad567 posted...
I could not find this information anywhere.

Is the episode after the Midgar episode going to be released soon or is it going to be yearly? Noone knows.

What's the likelyhood of an episode being on the PS5? Almost a certainty. Next episode will probably be on both PS4 and PS5(PS5 is confirmed to have backwards compatibility anyway), but after that, the rest may be PS5 exclusives.

Will each episode be 60$? So if it's 3 episodes are we likely going to pay $180 for the whole experience? As far as I know SE never confirmed it will be a just trilogy. For all we know, it could be 4 or 5 episodes in total, which doesnt seem that preposterous if you think about it. Midgar is like 1/6th or 1/7th of the original game and they made it into a full game.
Thanks!

User Info: GonnaeNo

GonnaeNo
1 week ago#17
Ahmad567 posted...
I find this disappointing. I disagree that it's a full game. Yes it may be expanded with added features, but so much of the game was after Midgar.

And there it is, all it takes is a few posts and they can’t stop themselves from typing this out

I guess we needed another “Wahhhh, it’s episodic” topic to move all the Tifa topics down a notch.
GonnaeNo posted...
And there it is, all it takes is a few posts and they can’t stop themselves from typing this out

I guess we needed another “Wahhhh, it’s episodic” topic to move all the Tifa topics down a notch.

Yeah, it isn't a good argument. That argument has been so soundly defeated that it is surprising that it continues to come up. I can still understand disliking the release in parts format though.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 week ago#19
ChipNoir posted...
Why?

Because it was litearally a 4-6 hours stretch in OG 7. Square has been insisting that it's a "full game" on par with other FF games which means they've taken that 4-6 odd hours and streeeeeeeeeeched it into 30-40 hours at minimum. NO ONE asked for that. And there isn't enough friggin' content in that 4-6 hours to even fill that gap. It's worrying honestly.
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 1 week ago)
game freakozoid posted...
Yeah, it isn't a good argument. That argument has been so soundly defeated that it is surprising that it continues to come up. I can still understand disliking the release in parts format though.

It's perfectly fair to want to be able to get all the content of the original game for the price of a normal game.

Even if they do expand it sufficiently (which I sincerely doubt, don't even really consider possible in fact), that just means you're being forced to pay extra for a bunch of stuff you don't necessarily want.

It's like if you went to a restaurant, and you just wanted a sandwich, but instead of just selling a sandwich, they said in order to get bread, you had to buy fries with it, and to get the meat, you had to buy a drink with it, and to get the condiments, you had to a buy dessert with it.
bloop
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
  • Post New Message