• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?

User Info: Ahmad567

Ahmad567
5 days ago#1
I could not find this information anywhere.

Is the episode after the Midgar episode going to be released soon or is it going to be yearly?

What's the likelyhood of an episode being on the PS5?

Will each episode be 60$? So if it's 3 episodes are we likely going to pay $180 for the whole experience?

Thanks!

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
5 days ago#2
Ahmad567 posted...
I could not find this information anywhere.

Is the episode after the Midgar episode going to be released soon or is it going to be yearly?\
No news on this. Not even Square knows

What's the likelyhood of an episode being on the PS5?
Very likely

Will each episode be 60$? So if it's 3 episodes are we likely going to pay $180 for the whole experience?
Yes

Thanks!

User Info: Valkyreo

Valkyreo
5 days ago#3
No info when the next episodes will release, but the next one is in the works.

SE said they won't make next gen exclusives for couple of years so pretty sure it's gonna be out on PS4, at least the next one.

This is a full game, full experince, just not the whole story. Midgar is expanded and many new scenes are added.

You could say that even the original FF VII was not the full experience as technology didn't allow it.

Of course, that last 180$ part sounded like trolling but i pretended like it's not and anwsered it all.

Ahmad567
5 days ago#4
Valkyreo posted...
No info when the next episodes will release, but the next one is in the works.

SE said they won't make next gen exclusives for couple of years so pretty sure it's gonna be out on PS4, at least the next one.

This is a full game, full experince, just not the whole story. Midgar is expanded and many new scenes are added.

You could say that even the original FF VII was not the full experience as technology didn't allow it.

Of course, that last 180$ part sounded like trolling but i pretended like it's not and anwsered it all.
Not trolling at all, I was very serious.

So each "episode" is akin to Final Fantasy X and X2 is my understanding.

Thanks guys

Ahmad567
5 days ago#5
I find this disappointing. I disagree that it's a full game. Yes it may be expanded with added features, but so much of the game was after Midgar.
Yeah that part is disappointing but for me we should see how the games stack up. Maybe once all is said and done it will all seem worth it due to how much they can expand the world going with this route.

For example, now Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse can be actual characters instead of just random redshirts that don't really matter at all.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
5 days ago#7
They compared it to XIII, which released sequels on a 2 year interval. That is pretty much the expectation anyways.

game freakozoid posted...
For example, now Biggs, Wedge, and Jesse can be actual characters instead of just random redshirts that don't really matter at all.
You don't need hours of dialogue to be a character. They had endearing traits and lines, they had a minor role but they were written to serve it well.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLP7lOxq8wmo8EACam5yamFuseoWkDOplr
GameFAQs Lounge playlist.

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
5 days ago#8
To quote Square "We don't know lolz. Please be excited!"

I'm not joking/trolling either. We literally don't know because Square hasn't told us. At the moment all we have are a bunch of "maybes"
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~
(edited 5 days ago)
TomorrowDog posted...
They compared it to XIII, which released sequels on a 2 year interval. That is pretty much the expectation anyways.

You don't need hours of dialogue to be a character. They had endearing traits and lines, they had a minor role but they were written to serve it well.

Let me clarify. They are characters but overall very two dimensional in the original. A few quirks here and there doesn't really make you a fully realized character, not to mention that even then Jesse is the only one that had any real character to her.

This game can actually expand them into fully realized characters which is something we've seen from trailers that they are working on.

User Info: Evan_Forever

Evan_Forever
5 days ago#10
If you ever wondered how they would pull off convincing people they're remaking the game without actually putting in the effort to, you know, remake the game, this is how.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Can someone please explain to me the specifics of the "episodes"?
  • Post New Message