• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. do you listen to video game music?

User Info: coreekymon

coreekymon
5 days ago#81
Yes almost exclusively, mainly only when I'm working on homework though. There's a large number of OSTs I'll listen to, but some of my favorites are Nier: Automata, Final Fantasy XIII, Fire Emblem Fates, Pokemon HGSS, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts, Xenoblade 2/X, etc...
Favorite games of the Decade: 1. Xenoblade Chronicles X, 2. Kingdom Hearts III, 3. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 4. Xenoblade Chronicles 2, 5. Nier: Automata
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: pichuscute

pichuscute
5 days ago#82
pichuscute posted...
All the time, but in particular at home, with friends, or on road trips. Rarely do I listen to it during normal commutes or anything like that. I'm a composer, so I suppose I'm a bit picky, but my audio set up at home or the speakers in a car do a much better job representing video game audio than crappy earbuds while in loud buses lol.

Anyway, my favorite OSTs of all time are from FFXIII Trilogy. The first game is most consistently my favorite, but the second has my favorite song (Warrior Goddess), while the last one has some especially unique stuff. Crystal Chronicles' OST is also right up there with these, being pretty universally fantastic & iconic and sorely underappreciated. Fragile Dreams is a Wii exclusive JRPG that I also love the OST of.

Outside of those, I tend to listen to Animal Crossing OSTs (especially New Leaf and Wild World), Zelda OSTs (especially BotW), Mario/Mario Kart OSTs (especially GC era), pre-DS era Pokemon OSTs (especially the console games), and Paper Mario & TTYD OSTs. I'll also pick and choose songs from other Final Fantasy games and Megaten games sometimes. As you can probably tell, I grew up on Nintendo.

Edit: Outside of VGM, I'm normally listening to EDM, various forms of modern Japanese Rock/Indie (and no, not anime OPs), or City Pop.
I realized I forgot one of my absolute favorites: Mirror's Edge & Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I listen to them a lot when I don't know what else to out on and they're extremely well composed.

hizumi84 posted...
@pichuscute I love FF13 OST too especially FF13-2, Noel's theme is beautiful.
Yup, that's another good one.
Looking forward to: Buying more retro games, BotW2, FFVIIR, SMTV someday.
Fav series: Zelda, Mario Kart, WipEout, Custom Robo, SMT, Final Fantasy.
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: KaspaUFgator

KaspaUFgator
5 days ago#83
yes, when I am on the zone at work and outside of calls, it really keeps me focused and a lot of FF OST's
Gators, Yankees, Jets, and Knicks!!
Every now and then I do.

I really like RPG OSTs in particular.

Things like Fire Emblem, Advance Wars, Xeno games, the odd Final Fantasy, the old Command & Conquer games, etc.
Tetris is a Packrat simulator. It simulates how the Packrats loved ones struggle against the unending piles of junk cluttering their living space.

User Info: Dreamer18982

Dreamer18982
5 days ago#85
Listening to VGM varies for me.
When I was younger it mostly consisted of tuning into AOL Radio and the Video game station. I did it super often.
Now adays I don't listen to vg soundtracks as often.. guess I have a podcast crave lately.

Funny enough I was exposed to the games songs before I even played them including FF7, Grand Theft Auto, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid etc.

After AOL, I moved up to collecting a few cds:
Metroid Metal, (Pokemon) 'Pocket Monster' Sound Anime collection, Witcher 3 ost, Zelda 30th anniversary (Thanks to Skyward Sword), Zelda Ocarina CD, Metroid Prime ost, Silent Hill ost,
London Philharmonic's Greatest Video game music (so many volumes of that), Distant Worlds (again own tons in the collection) and Video Games Live.

Video Games Live is special to me because it was the first event I took a guy friend, class-mate too. At the time it was merely because I knew he was interested and I needed a lift to the event and afterwards he asked me if we could start dating. Now he is my husband. ♡

Then free digital fan albums..
OverClocked: The Best Of Video Game Remix - Level 1 .. Level 2

Second to last.. iTunes; Its pretty self-explanatory. My favorite at the moment from my iTunes has been, "Snake Eater" (Metal Gear Solid 3) it's fun to sing that one over dramatically. Played for my parents, it's cool that they can appreciate it as just good music. Video games has really stepped up their game in that area.

Currently, if I'm tired of playing my personal music collection I'll tune to YouTube live VG radio streams,

Game Chops - Video Game Study Lounge
Game That Tune - GTT Radio

~ Hope I didn't write too much of novel, lol.

|l' ``In you I see, someone special`` 'l|
Dreamer18982 posted...
Video Games Live is special to me because it was the first event I took a guy friend, class-mate too. At the time it was merely because I knew he was interested and I needed a lift to the event and afterwards he asked me if we could start dating. Now he is my husband. ♡
Awww. That is so sweet.
Keyblade Warrior working for the Great Bear Union!
Proud designer of Chip, the Runner Up Megaman Legends 3's Mascot Contest!

User Info: Squid7777

Squid7777
3 days ago#87
I love me some Chrono Trigger!

Straight up orchestral versions, especially Frog's Theme!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vUtM9iySqg&list=PLTHOcnhIuPOvEJd8WJI6kaJbQG0NeKtaY&index=11

Chrono Trigger Symphonic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JQxH77NWEQ&t=313s

Chrono Trigger Resurrection Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKVZAal8HBQ&list=PL5D8CE6BD235AB266&index=1

EDIT: dat Corridors of Time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdWlxMJ2k8&list=PL5D8CE6BD235AB266&index=18
"That's the way real men do it. They fire hadokens, suplex trains, and eat Ultima for breakfast. Sabin for Emperor 2013." NovaLevossida
(edited 3 days ago)
Yes a lot of them along with anime OSTs

Final Fantasy main series + side games like dissidia
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney series (this one started me listening to game OSTs)
Wild Arms series
Legend of Zelda series
Lufia series
Terranigma

and some others.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. do you listen to video game music?
  • Post New Message