• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. People are upset that Tifa's purple dress has "boob support."
VayneSolo posted...
in how many more games does this s*** need to happen for people like you to aknowledge this is done on purpose? If it was an isolated case, i'd agree with you. But it clearly isn't. there is a pattern. And the pattern is strangely coincident with Sony's stupid pandering to the feminists and the prudes (more with the former than the later).
You really think Sony has such a power over SE? Seriously?
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: DreikoSaMa

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#182
VayneSolo posted...
Again, this has NOTHING to do with realism.
It's the whole debate about female armor being useful to fight in and not just looking cool, just a more mundane version of that argument. The same people who would defend bland armor choices and condemn sexy armor or armor with carved boobs as opposed to just a flat plate over the chest are the people who explain away an ugly design using reality as their foundation. I don't think it matters how real world fashion is when we are in the realm of a videogame. Nay, a videogame is a chance to escape those limitations that reality puts on us. It's an opportunity to not need to adhere to those things.

Your boobs don't need to sag or cause back pain if you don't wear a bra in a videogame. They just magically not do these things, cause it's FANTASY. You know, like final fantasy? That thing, in the title of the game? Heard of it, perhaps?
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/609/simplebeauty.jpg
<3

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
1 week ago#183
Serenity_Lotus posted...
You really think Sony has such a power over SE? Seriously?
Why isn't FF VII remake coming simultaneously to the Xbox One?

VayneSolo
1 week ago#184
DreikoSaMa posted...
It's the whole debate about female armor being useful to fight in and not just looking cool, just a more mundane version of that argument. The same people who would defend bland armor choices and condemn sexy armor or armor with carved boobs as opposed to just a flat plate over the chest are the people who explain away an ugly design using reality as their foundation. I don't think it matters how real world fashion is when we are in the realm of a videogame. Nay, a videogame is a chance to escape those limitations that reality puts on us. It's an opportunity to not need to adhere to those things.

Your boobs don't need to sag or cause back pain if you don't wear a bra in a videogame. They just magically not do these things, cause it's FANTASY. You know, like final fantasy? That thing, in the title of the game? Heard of it, perhaps?
I don't think you got my stance on this issue. I am saying this is being done on purpose to please feminists and prudes, not because it is realistic.
VayneSolo posted...
Why isn't FF VII remake coming simultaneously to the Xbox One?
Oh. Now we going to conflate two different situations as one because you have nothing to stand on to back up your insinuation that Sony holds power over SE.
(edited 1 week ago)

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#186
VayneSolo posted...
I don't think you got my stance on this issue. I am saying this is being done on purpose to please feminists and prudes, not because it is realistic.
No I get you, I'm just addressing the core of the issue as I see it. The reasons they are pleased by this is because of this argument for realism and believably. As though it matters how real life boobs behave in the confines of a fantasy videogame.
<3

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 week ago#187
VayneSolo posted...
in how many more games does this s*** need to happen for people like you to aknowledge this is done on purpose? If it was an isolated case, i'd agree with you. But it clearly isn't. there is a pattern. And the pattern is strangely coincident with Sony's stupid pandering to the feminists and the prudes (more with the former than the later).
How exactly is putting a bra on a braless dress pleasing feminists?? The dress shows sideboob, cleavage, but a bra is supposed to cover it all up like it's not objectifying the woman?
(edited 1 week ago)

VayneSolo
1 week ago#188
Serenity_Lotus posted...
Oh. Now we going to conflate two different situations as one because you have nothing to stand on to back up your insinuation that Sony holds power over SE.
1i'm giving you a reason as to why Sony has a hold on how SE designs the games. That "ethics department" is just to make SE designers comply with Sony's stupid policy. Nothing else.
VayneSolo posted...
1i'm giving you a reason as to why Sony has a hold on how SE designs the games. That "ethics department" is just to make SE designers comply with Sony's stupid policy. Nothing else.
Please stop pushing your assumptions as facts. There is no evidence that Sony is or can even pressure such a huge publisher such as SE. Possibly give you some leeway if this was a smaller publisher, but... not with such a huge publisher.

DreikoSaMa
1 week ago#190
Sony is pretty ruthless nowadays, their regulations caused an upcoming Senran Kagura game to be cancelled and the creator of the series left his company of 13 years, to underplay their influence is at best misguided.

Though how much this was Sony actively interfering and how much of it was them pre-empting that interference by self censorship (the more pernitious risk at play here) is an open question still.

So yeah, sony doesn't even NEED to actively tell them to cover up cause their boobs are illegal any more.
<3
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. People are upset that Tifa's purple dress has "boob support."
  • Post New Message