• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Fou Lu

Fou Lu
2 weeks ago#61
Marketing doesn't work on me at all.
I smolder with generic rage.

User Info: pwiggler

pwiggler
2 weeks ago#62
normally yes, but in this case the people that play this game dont know what that is.
#nogeno#nochief#nosteve#nowah#nocrash#nospyro
New Camp, Team Phoenix, Team Sora, Team VJoe, Team Haseo

User Info: Wabuu

Wabuu
2 weeks ago#63
Sex sells, right?

That greatly depends on not just the country, but even granularly what part of that country.

Here in the US, "sex sells" maybe... there are wide swaths of the country that don't like anything showing, which with the Islamaphobia still rampant has always been ironic to me. But even as recently as this years Super Bowl has multiple news stories about how "too sexy for my soul" the half-time show was with Jennifer Lopez and Shakira.

Even in Japan, "sex sells" to mostly otaku. This ad (I haven't watched it yet) is probably strictly made for, you know, nerds, while everyone else this will probably appear too immature.

I think it's important to remember that beyond the Khaleesi Klap, Yaas Qween, "that's the tea sis" crowd, female empowerment and open sexuality and showing of bodies are still relatively taboo, comes with its own predispositions and ideas of what is and isn't okay, and frankly, still open to slut-shaming and "Well, if she didn't want it, why was she dressed like that?".

Basically, to answer "Sex sells, right?", the answer is "Nope!" lol

User Info: Miwa27

Miwa27
2 weeks ago#64
As a woman, not really, since women are hardly marketed to. I love bishies. I'm not into super buff men or anything like that. Only time a character's design has influenced my purchase was when I strumbled upon an amv for Metal Gear Rising which had a lot of closeups for some reason on Raiden's and Sam's butts... I was already somewhat familar with MGS and I like action games, so I bought it.

But I wouldn't if it was some random character from a series I didn't know or like.
R.I.P. DmC: Devil May Cry. I love you forever.
Along the road ahead lies something you need, but in order to claim it you must lose something dear to you.

User Info: Rkss

Rkss
2 weeks ago#65
From Lara croft' pyramid boobs to her well-defined curve that we have today. Nothing uplifts technology faster than sex

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
2 weeks ago#66
It's not something I ever think about with regards to video games
So, imma wait for the game to actually come out before I buy it in pieces, but here's the thing;
When I saw that trailer and they showed how the Honey Bee Inn sequence was going down, I thought "wow, Kuraudo-chan sure looks cute when she's angry. Also, when did I become gay?" Then I saw how big Tifa's tiddies looked in that dress without the sports bra and my dick swooned and I wanted to buy this game immediately because it was made by people who do in fact love big tiddies.
So, uh, yeah, sex sells. And Tifa's tiddies are exSEXceptionally big selling points.
"For Madokami so loved the world that She gave us Her Only Self, that whoever believes in Her shall not despair but have everlasting Hope." Homu 3:16
I like it, but it doesn't impact my decision making.
FFBE 978,557,395
3DS FCs 4742-5347-4933 (Y) 0044-3673-1990 (X)

User Info: ReclusiveRook

ReclusiveRook
2 weeks ago#69
Crazy options on your poll, so didn't participate. Where's 'Just objects like a bottle or a bag of flour? Crazy.
FC: 0259 - 0388 - 1998
Playing: Bravely second, Pokemon, Xenoblade C,

User Info: ReclusiveRook

ReclusiveRook
2 weeks ago#70
Fou Lu posted...
Marketing doesn't work on me at all.
Thanks for the input Dunning Kruger. /topic
FC: 0259 - 0388 - 1998
Playing: Bravely second, Pokemon, Xenoblade C,
  • Post New Message