• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. JRPG Veteran Opinion On The Game

User Info: Mr_Takisuteni

Mr_Takisuteni
6 days ago#181
VayneSolo posted...
So, Ys is not a jrpg.

So, Final Fantasy isn't a jrpg.

I am sorry but I can't keep repeating my posts. This is making me tired.

If you apply what I said in my previous post, you will know that both Ys and Final Fantasy are JRPGs.

FF12 was still a JRPG but very close to be a ARPG. FFXV is 100% ARPG. FF7R is 100% ARPG. They are not JRPGs, sadly, because I really wanted them to be JRPGs.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
6 days ago#182
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
I am sorry but I can't keep repeating my posts. This is making me tired.

If you apply what I said in my previous post, you will know that both Ys and Final Fantasy are JRPGs.

FF12 was still a JRPG but very close to be a ARPG. FFXV is 100% ARPG. FF7R is 100% ARPG. They are not JRPGs, sadly, because I really wanted them to be JRPGs.
You make no sense, then. You are basically saying that the defining criteria of a jrpg is having "Anime art style". Complete bulls***.
(edited 6 days ago)
Mr_Takisuteni posted...
You are arguing for the sake of arguing and wasting my time. YOU KNOW how big XC world was even in the first few chapters. The freedom level was insane.

Look at the demo of FF7R, do you see any ****ing place to go beside the main story?
You brought up the chapter progression subject as a criticism and cited it as a reason that you know the game will have "no exploration". I didn't bring it up, you brought it up. And you still refuse to discuss it further.
Now it feels like you're saying VIIR will have "no exploration" based on the first 50 minutes of the game.

Nobody thinks VIIR will have XB levels of exploration, but you're leveling criticisms at VIIR without explanation or discussion. How am I the one wasting time here?
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing, Civilization VI
(edited 6 days ago)
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
You brought up the chapter progression subject as a criticism and cited it as a reason that you know the game will have "no exploration". I didn't bring it up, you brought it up. And you still refuse to discuss it further.
Now it feels like you're saying VIIR will have "no exploration" based on the first 50 minutes of the game.

Nobody thinks VIIR will have XB levels of exploration, but you're leveling criticisms at VIIR without explanation or discussion. How am I the one wasting time here?
I’ve looked at the leaks. Exploration is minimal at best.
"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
BrightShield786 posted...
Considering how much you want this game to be bad, you'll forgive me if I take your word with a grain of salt. Additionally, exploration is not really the issue at hand.

User Info: Iceassassin25

Iceassassin25
6 days ago#186
Disgaea has a anime artstyle therefore it's a JRPG
"The King returns after a sell out tour of holiday camps and working men's clubs"
Arvis_Jaggamar posted...
Considering how much you want this game to be bad, you'll forgive me if I take your word with a grain of salt. Additionally, exploration is not really the issue at hand.
The general consensus among leak viewers is that exploration is minimal.

That said, do you really think I would lie to you about this?

"Hey, lady, I put the kiddies to sleep. Permanently." - Yuri Hyuga - Shadow Hearts
The general consensus among leak viewers is that exploration is minimal.

That said, do you really think I would lie to you about this?
I absolutely do not think you would lie. And I am expecting exploration to be a fairly small part of the VIIR Part 1 experience.

I have, however, noticed your penchant for overstating your criticisms of any Square product, in much the same way I tend to undersell those same products' weaknesses.

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
6 days ago#189
This.

User Info: Mr_Takisuteni

Mr_Takisuteni
6 days ago#190
Iceassassin25 posted...
Disgaea has a anime artstyle therefore it's a JRPG

Read my criteria properly. Thank you.
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. JRPG Veteran Opinion On The Game
  • Post New Message