• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. JRPG Veteran Opinion On The Game

User Info: The_Freecs

The_Freecs
2 weeks ago#11
Turn based combat sucks, takes no skill. Only good turn based combat systems are ones that incorporate unique elements like Mario and Luigi.

this is coming from a guy who’s fav game is ffix.

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
2 weeks ago#12
I mean, as a fellow dude who's been playing JRPGs since the early 90's, I completely disagree with you.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

The_Freecs
2 weeks ago#13
KarmelCHAOS posted...
I mean, as a fellow dude who's been playing JRPGs since the early 90's, I completely disagree with you.

fair enough, I’ve been playing since around the same time. I’d enjoy the games for the exploration and world building but would usually dislike some aspects of the story and the combat.
Some of the few turn based games I actually enjoyed were legend of legaia and grandia, but they never felt rewarding like I was getting better, a feeling I get from games like kingdom hearts and the souls games.

i assume a lot of people feel the same way nowadays, based on the fact that everything seems to be going more real time.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: jesseCheech

jesseCheech
2 weeks ago#14
JRPG vet here.
"No".
PSN: F1R3PHO3N1X
Haven't you heard? The bird is the word.

User Info: TheBonelessOne

TheBonelessOne
2 weeks ago#15
Trolloooollloooooooooooo

User Info: TheBonelessOne

TheBonelessOne
2 weeks ago#16
Btw, little intro about myself, I have played all JRGs and all final fantasies. I am also top dog.

My advice, preorder NOW, Ive played the demo and this game is going to be amazing.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
2 weeks ago#17
The_Freecs posted...
fair enough, I’ve been playing since around the same time. I’d enjoy the games for the exploration and world building but would usually dislike some aspects of the story and the combat.
Some of the few turn based games I actually enjoyed were legend of legaia and grandia, but they never felt rewarding like I was getting better, a feeling I get from games like kingdom hearts and the souls games.

i assume a lot of people feel the same way nowadays, based on the fact that everything seems to be going more real time.

Sorry i was actually talking to OP, though I do mildly disagree with you too but not much.

User Info: Specaldorf

Specaldorf
2 weeks ago#18
The_Freecs posted...
Turn based combat sucks, takes no skill. Only good turn based combat systems are ones that incorporate unique elements like Mario and Luigi.

this is coming from a guy who’s fav game is ffix.
Considering that all attacks can be completely dodged or mitigated NOT BY LUCK in mario&luigi games, im gonna have to say ur talking a bunch of s***.
Forget being an lolblm on ff14. All mods need to be fired. Not even some of them but ALL OF THEM.

User Info: SavenForever

SavenForever
2 weeks ago#19
Zangetsu223 posted...
is this a troll topic ?

The title alone should've been obvious enough

The_Freecs
2 weeks ago#20
Specaldorf posted...
Considering that all attacks can be completely dodged or mitigated NOT BY LUCK in mario&luigi games, im gonna have to say ur talking a bunch of s***.

... that’s why I said they were good. Because it isn’t reliant on rng.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. JRPG Veteran Opinion On The Game
  • Post New Message