• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: Lockheart34

Lockheart34
4 weeks ago#21
Sir Will posted...
It's not at all like FFXV. The other 4 characters are playable.

With one of them not being playable. Red is nothing more than Iris or Aranea by the sound of it. Disappointing.

User Info: ultima_materia

ultima_materia
4 weeks ago#22
It’s not like you really have control of him leading up to the World Map anyways

User Info: Spartan_Ghosts

Spartan_Ghosts
4 weeks ago#23
Unfortunate but I'm not surprised. He was going to come into it that late in the first place that they probably were better off saving him for the next one.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 weeks ago#24
Lockheart34 posted...

With one of them not being playable. Red is nothing more than Iris or Aranea by the sound of it. Disappointing.

Lots of games have NPC allies in some battles. It's not like XV that only let you control Noctis in the initial release.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 weeks ago#25
I always knew there was a big chance that he wasnt playable in the first part since he joins at the end of the Midgar arc, so im not surprised or disappointed, especially since i have no problem with the multi-games formula so i know that even if he wont be playabe in part 1 he surely will be in the next entries, together with all the other characters missing.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Lockheart34

Lockheart34
4 weeks ago#26
Sir Will posted...
Lots of games have NPC allies in some battles.

Name a remake that has a playable character in the original relegated to NPC status. It's a downgrade, no matter how you look at it.

Sir Will posted...
It's not like XV that only let you control Noctis in the initial release.

There's nothing stopping them pulling off an Episode Red like FFXV, then patching him in playable later. Wake up.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
4 weeks ago#27
h_durao posted...
Link? I haven't seen this yet

IGN confirmed it this morning.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 weeks ago#28
Lockheart34 posted...
Name a remake that has a playable character in the original relegated to NPC status. It's a downgrade, no matter how you look at it.

...this is not a typical remake. He'll be playable in future parts.

Lockheart34 posted...
There's nothing stopping them pulling off an Episode Red like FFXV, then patching him in playable later. Wake up.

They have more games to make. They better not be spending too much time on DLC for this one.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
4 weeks ago#29
Sir Will posted...
They have more games to make. They better not be spending too much time on DLC for this one.

Yeah, with a multi-game format it doesnt make much sense wasting time doing DLC for something that would go anyway in the next game.....also considering the reason given by the devs for not making Red XIII playable, doing so in a DLC would be nonsensical even from a logical pov.
"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: AuraFalchion

AuraFalchion
4 weeks ago#30
Lockheart34 posted...
It's FFXV all over again, I'll just wait until they patch him in as playable.
We already have the 4 main characters of this part of the game as playable.
Red's not playable only because he joins like 90% through this part's story, so it makes sense.

There's no comparition at all with XV where you could only control 1 character at the initial release.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message