• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: omgeleventytwo

omgeleventytwo
2 weeks ago#151
Omegawoof posted...
I'm not against welcoming new characters, but I am against neglecting existing ones.

Not having a character that was playable in the original not be in the remake is what I would define as rushed/incomplete. Either way there shouldn't be a trade off, Square could have done both if they wanted it.

I feel like it's fair to want all 5 characters playable considering we are already receiving a small portion of the complete story. No need to exclude events/features that occurred in that tiny portion.

You're looking at this from a fans perspective and not a developers perspective. There were a lot of factors in this decision and it's quite distasteful to say they're 'rushing' things when you have the luxury of not knowing all the things they had to weight up to make this decision.

• The characters in the game have growth paths, some that arent entirely clear yet but the biggest being weapon growth and inheritance. These characters grow over the course of the game through your own hands. Then Red XIII is just supposed to come in at the last minute, fully maxed for the end? Why bother working on the others? Thats why they take him out of our hands but they dont take him away.
  • There was no room to explain him. He literally doesnt even start his arc until Cosmo Canyon and even then, his arc is over by the time you leave. He's lucky he even made it in at all, he's the most irrelevant mandatory character in the game, he makes no sense, has no purpose, no relationships or friends or rivals and if the party met Bugenhagen any other way, he'd be outright unnecessary. This isnt just about old players with nostalgia, new players will be like "wtf is this talking cheeto mascot? Why is it in my party?" He's a question mark in Part 1 and it adds to the mystery before part 2 either shows that hes actually a really lame kid and doesnt do anything or remake has a chance to fix him with more time and focus. He hasn't been CUT he's been spread out. xD
  • It works well with the lore that he's not playable because he doesnt trust humans. He just knows they're the enemy of his captors and a means to getting out of Midgar. It meshes against the games vibe with everyone trusting each other in combat and working together, supporting each other vocally. Red is just looking after himself. He's known them 5 minutes and already doesnt like them on account of them being humans.
  • You know the characters dont just have like 2 abilities each and thats it right? They have unique playstyles and mechanic growths through the entire game. It's something that takes years to tune as the game grows, theres a hundred variables and balance values to consider, they cant just s*** them out. They have SO much on their plate for this project and they're trying so hard to not cut anything out. It makes perfect sense to move something to later when it can be done better and in greater depth. The only criticism you can give here is "waaaah but i want him nooooow". And thats not a very strong one. He's not being neglected at all. The game ends where it ends. This is how it has to be for reasons that have been explained ad nauseum. He's going to get his due, what little of it he even has, in the second part. I get it if hes your fave character but mine is Cid, how do you think I feel? Well, i feel fine actually because im not a brat who wants everything now and calls developers lazy for not doing what i want.
  • Designing Roche and creating a playstyle for Red would be handled by different people. Contrary to popular belief, Nomura is not the only person working on this game, single handedly performing every task. Roche is in the hands of artists, writers, animators and enemy design. The party falls in to even more groups. The people who couldve done Red as a playable were busy making sure Cloud, Tifa, Barret and Aerith were all balanced, fun and fully fleshed out. You know, the actual main cast for this part of the story. But no, im sure they finished those in a day and sat around for 5 years smoking pot. Lazy bastards. What a rush job!
Come on mate. x_X

User Info: Seraphor

Seraphor
2 weeks ago#152
^ this
Also, you're still going to get (at least) two full games with Red XIII as a party member, just not the last 30 minutes of this one.
https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/19620823/

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#153
Omegawoof posted...
I was under the impression that we were having a civil discussion as you initially made valid points. But I see your quick to agitate so I rather not continue if your unable to make conversation without offending.

I'll just conclude with saying that I am happy that you enjoy the final product, as do I. I never said I didn't. But even a perfect product can always be made better with tweaks and suggestions.

Good day to you. I will not respond to you again, Sage.

Ok, then. You really didn't need to tell me that. Also, this is a civil debate. If I had struck a nerve because I disagree with your logic of the direction this project is going, and if it's too much for you hearing that it's probably best for you not to buy this game, then that makes you soft. Sorry, not sorry, chief.
Sage of FAQs.

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#154
Brodie_Gorgo posted...
Well, firstly, I'm not buying this game before it's complete. I want the whole story and I'm not spending a dime before they complete it.

You say you can't see the last portion of Midgar to be more than 30 minutes long, I say it´s surprisingly a strong lack imagination for someone who doesn't have any trouble seeing 3 hours 30 minutes of OGFFVII turned into a 49 hours 30 minutes of FFVIIR1.

Excluding a playable character in a game is the exact definition of "rushed" — and there are many other things that were rushed in this game, such as the exclusion of a real turn-based combat system, or summons being dlc.

What makes me think that the 2 discs will be fillers and cutscenes? The fact that you can't figure out how they could make the last dungeon last more than 30 minutes. I'm making assumptions here but I see you guys minimizing the original portions of the game (demo, last dungeon) and claim at the same time that it's 50 hours long. It's weird.

Dude, you just said you're not buying this until it's complete; so, why are you still here? Even though I don't believe it for a minute that you won't buy or even play this until it's complete, you've pretty much worn out your welcome at this point.
Sage of FAQs.

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#155
Thebigbroswer posted...
This is the FFVIIR fan's problem. They go from, "New content! Yay!" To, "It's fine with some missed content here and there." There is no logical excuse for a remake of a game that uses modern hardware to lack some of the content that the original game had. They could have expanded the part of the final dungeon, let us play those new side quests, or expand the part where the party leaves Midar for the first time so that we could get more play time with Red XIII. You would think that since they're expanding all the other parts of the game with more filer, they would do the same with the conclusion of the game especially considering how iconic that scene was, but no. They chose to make him a guest character. Just stop making excuses for a company that doesn't care about you, and only cares about your cash.

I would like to ask where you got the bolded from? Did you play the game early or something?

Well then that's very good that they aren't making excuses now isn't it? They've made it very clear what their plans were since the get go. I'm done with people like you who are not on board with the path they have chosen who likes to bash the fan base because they are happy with the direction they have gone.

You know, people like you would b**** about anything. And I'm not sure what pisses you off more; the fact that you have no control either way, or you're in the minority. And ultimately, it's your problem. I'm going to enjoy this game. Every.Last.Minute. This game didn't even have to happen to begin with.
Sage of FAQs.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
2 weeks ago#156
The_Sage posted...
Dude, you just said you're not buying this until it's complete; so, why are you still here?

Same reason why you're here; FFVIIR2 is not not out yet, but you're here talking about it.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
2 weeks ago#157
The_Sage posted...
I'm done with people like you who are not on board with the path they have chosen who likes to bash the fan base because they are happy with the direction they have gone.

You're not the fan base. The fan base wants Red XIII to be playable...

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#158
Brodie_Gorgo posted...

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/8/4/7/AAO36mAAAP1P.jpg
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: SoullessRaptor

SoullessRaptor
2 weeks ago#159
Brodie_Gorgo posted...
And he probably WILL BE. Just not for the brief section at the end of arc 1. They're probably still refining him, polishing things like combo movements and player-derived animations.
"You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person"-KS devteam

User Info: Thebigbroswer

Thebigbroswer
2 weeks ago#160
The_Sage posted...
Well then that's very good that they aren't making excuses now isn't it? They've made it very clear what their plans were since the get go. I'm done with people like you who are not on board with the path they have chosen who likes to bash the fan base because they are happy with the direction they have gone.

You know, people like you would b**** about anything. And I'm not sure what pisses you off more; the fact that you have no control either way, or you're in the minority. And ultimately, it's your problem. I'm going to enjoy this game. Every.Last.Minute. This game didn't even have to happen to begin with.
Nice cop out. You didn't even address a single point in my argument.
Insults do not substitute for an agurement.
Taranza's number 1 supporter for smash.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message