• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: Omegawoof

Omegawoof
2 weeks ago#141
I understand the reasoning behind his exclusion, but I still disagree with it.

They are giving us what is the equivalent of 1/10th of the original story with only half the cast introduced. They should have gone the extra mile and made him playable even if it's just for the last 2-3 hours of the story content and side missions.

Instead of using resources to create new characters like Roche, they instead should have made existing characters playable. That's my 2 cents.
Nanaki Fan.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
2 weeks ago#142
I'm not worried about it, though I do see it a missed opportunity to add in a brand new side-quest dungeon after you leave Midgar completely where you can play with Red's gameplay.
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#143
Omegawoof posted...
I understand the reasoning behind his exclusion, but I still disagree with it.

They are giving us what is the equivalent of 1/10th of the original story with only half the cast introduced. They should have gone the extra mile and made him playable even if it's just for the last 2-3 hours of the story content and side missions.

Instead of using resources to create new characters like Roche, they instead should have made existing characters playable. That's my 2 cents.

I don't know, dude. That would strike me more as a rushed product. I welcome new characters to meet with open arms. Then again, I'm simply thinking about the entire saga and ultimately the bigger picture. And if this turns out the way that I think it will, it's going to be so damn rich with lore that we'll never need Advent Children or any other spinoffs again.
Sage of FAQs.

Omegawoof
2 weeks ago#144
The_Sage posted...
I don't know, dude. That would strike me more as a rushed product. I welcome new characters to meet with open arms. Then again, I'm simply thinking about the entire saga and ultimately the bigger picture. And if this turns out the way that I think it will, it's going to be so damn rich with lore that we'll never need Advent Children or any other spinoffs again.

I'm not against welcoming new characters, but I am against neglecting existing ones.

Not having a character that was playable in the original not be in the remake is what I would define as rushed/incomplete. Either way there shouldn't be a trade off, Square could have done both if they wanted it.

I feel like it's fair to want all 5 characters playable considering we are already receiving a small portion of the complete story. No need to exclude events/features that occurred in that tiny portion.
Nanaki Fan.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Nathan_Drake

Nathan_Drake
2 weeks ago#145
Couldnt care less. He was never in my party anyways. My party was Cloud, Yuffie, and Tifa, unless it was a scripted fight and they forced party members on me

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#146
Omegawoof posted...
I'm not against welcoming new characters, but I am against neglecting existing ones.

Not having a character that was playable in the original not be in the remake is what I would define as rushed/incomplete. Either way there shouldn't be a trade off, Square could have done both if they wanted it.

I feel like it's fair to want all 5 characters considering we are already receiving a small portion of the complete story. No need to exclude events/features that occurred in that tiny portion.

If you haven't been living under a rock and have seen any videos, read news articles, seen interviews, reactions, etc, and can honestly tell me in all seriousness that you believe this game was rushed brings me to the conclusion that you're completely delusional, irrational, or in complete denial.

The fact that you would make the assumption that they neglected him couldn't be further from the truth as they already specified the changes that had been made to him (the way he fights and his weapon) that we will clearly see in the second installment. If that's not good enough for you then... well, it must suck because either way you won't be taking that little red corvette out for a test spin for another year minimum. Sorry, guy.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
2 weeks ago#147
His p**** out for another year?

lmao
Gimme dat, gimme dat, gimme dat DramaFAQs-misterbum

Omegawoof
2 weeks ago#148
The_Sage posted...
If you haven't been living under a rock and have seen any videos, read news articles, seen interviews, reactions, etc, and can honestly tell me in all seriousness that you believe this game was rushed brings me to the conclusion that you're completely delusional, irrational, or in complete denial.

The fact that you would make the assumption that they neglected him couldn't be further from the truth as they already specified the changes that had been made to him (the way he fights and his weapon) that we will clearly see in the second installment. If that's not good enough for you then... well, it must suck because either way you won't be taking that little red corvette out for a test spin for another year minimum. Sorry, guy.

I was under the impression that we were having a civil discussion as you initially made valid points. But I see your quick to agitate so I rather not continue if your unable to make conversation without offending.

I'll just conclude with saying that I am happy that you enjoy the final product, as do I. I never said I didn't. But even a perfect product can always be made better with tweaks and suggestions.

Good day to you. I will not respond to you again, Sage.
Nanaki Fan.

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
2 weeks ago#149
The_Sage posted...
Well, then if you're not on board with the direction they're going, maybe this game's not for you. I wholeheartedly disagree. There's a big difference between this and the original game. Red XIII joins you in one of the last areas of Midgar and probably will be one of the last areas to be explored as well in this. The second reactor was very brief; and even if they did expand on that, I can't see it being hours long.

And please don't put words into my mouth again. I said that he wouldn't be made playable with only so little of the game remaining that the relentless efforts spent on making and perfecting his actions would ultimately be not worth it. And again, there's literally nothing in the realm of possibility that would make us think he wouldn't be playable in the second installment. So, your issues with this are mundane and petty.

As far as length goes; it's 2 God damn blu-ray discs. I'm not really sure what makes you believe that the added content will most likely be cutscenses. Red Dead 2 literally had the same thing on release and that damn story took me nearly 60 hours. If you're a speedrunner, you'll get through it in 30-40 hours which is still good enough (but that's really not how this game should be played). Only time will tell but all this skepticism is seriously getting ridiculous.

Well, firstly, I'm not buying this game before it's complete. I want the whole story and I'm not spending a dime before they complete it.

You say you can't see the last portion of Midgar to be more than 30 minutes long, I say it´s surprisingly a strong lack imagination for someone who doesn't have any trouble seeing 3 hours 30 minutes of OGFFVII turned into a 49 hours 30 minutes of FFVIIR1.

Excluding a playable character in a game is the exact definition of "rushed" — and there are many other things that were rushed in this game, such as the exclusion of a real turn-based combat system, or summons being dlc.

What makes me think that the 2 discs will be fillers and cutscenes? The fact that you can't figure out how they could make the last dungeon last more than 30 minutes. I'm making assumptions here but I see you guys minimizing the original portions of the game (demo, last dungeon) and claim at the same time that it's 50 hours long. It's weird.

User Info: Thebigbroswer

Thebigbroswer
2 weeks ago#150
The_Sage posted...
So, you're literally criticizing them for not making him playable for literally the last 30 minutes of the game? Hahahaha. Open your eyes. You can't honestly sit there and tell me you're serious about that. And give me one logical reason why anyone would think that it wasn't stupid especially Square Enix? I'm waiting.
This is the FFVIIR fan's problem. They go from, "New content! Yay!" To, "It's fine with some missed content here and there." There is no logical excuse for a remake of a game that uses modern hardware to lack some of the content that the original game had. They could have expanded the part of the final dungeon, let us play those new side quests, or expand the part where the party leaves Midar for the first time so that we could get more play time with Red XIII. You would think that since they're expanding all the other parts of the game with more filer, they would do the same with the conclusion of the game especially considering how iconic that scene was, but no. They chose to make him a guest character. Just stop making excuses for a company that doesn't care about you, and only cares about your cash.

I would like to ask where you got the bolded from? Did you play the game early or something?
Insults do not substitute for an agurement.
Taranza's number 1 supporter for smash.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message