• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: Pig143

Pig143
3 weeks ago#131
At whatever game Vincent becomes available the moment he's in my party he's going to be my main
Hackers win at games but they still lose at life, i used to hate them but then i realized they have to cheat so now i just feel sorry for them.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
3 weeks ago#132
Brodie_Gorgo posted...
Funny how FFVIIR1 fans will tell you that the game stops at Midgar because Square is adding more and more content to make it a 50 hours game... And at the same time they say that removing content and making Red XIII a guest for the last 5 hours of a 50 hours game is OK, because the devs should not focus too much on FFVIIR2 but FFVIIR2 instead.

I fail to see how expanding on the game part by part is anything but a smart choice. Having Red XIII as a guest character was also a smart move to be made so relentless effort spent on him for such a short portion of the game was avoided. I have absolutely no problems with how this remake is being handled. I mean, I'm just not sure what some of you were expecting or even wanted; the exact same game with just a fresh coat of paint? Sorry, not good enough for me.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: Thebigbroswer

Thebigbroswer
2 weeks ago#133
The_Sage posted...
I fail to see how expanding on the game part by part is anything but a smart choice. Having Red XIII as a guest character was also a smart move to be made so relentless effort spent on him for such a short portion of the game was avoided. I have absolutely no problems with how this remake is being handled. I mean, I'm just not sure what some of you were expecting or even wanted; the exact same game with just a fresh coat of paint? Sorry, not good enough for me.
There's still side content that a full priced game should have. If this game has as much content as the fans hype it up to have then it should have more than enough time to make Red XIII a meaningful playable character. Are you going to ignore that for the sake of your argument.

You only have four party members throughout this game from what we saw. They could have added in Red XIII to make a fifth party member but no. Instead, they brought in Cloud but faster, stronger, and more agile. Red XIII could have a very interesting playstyle with his bites, claw attacks, and slam attacks. He has the potential of being the glass cannon character who's crazy fast and hits like a truck, or make him the more nimble hit and run character. This just seems like SE is getting lazy/scummy again.
Insults do not substitute for an agurement.
Taranza's number 1 supporter for smash.

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
2 weeks ago#134
The_Sage posted...
Having Red XIII as a guest character was also a smart move to be made so relentless effort spent on him for such a short portion of the game was avoided.

What do you mean "such a short portion"? Don't you expect Square to add more content to the last dungeon, bosses and endgame sidequests?
(message deleted)

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#136
Thebigbroswer posted...
There's still side content that a full priced game should have. If this game has as much content as the fans hype it up to have then it should have more than enough time to make Red XIII a meaningful playable character. Are you going to ignore that for the sake of your argument.

You only have four party members throughout this game from what we saw. They could have added in Red XIII to make a fifth party member but no. Instead, they brought in Cloud but faster, stronger, and more agile. Red XIII could have a very interesting playstyle with his bites, claw attacks, and slam attacks. He has the potential of being the glass cannon character who's crazy fast and hits like a truck, or make him the more nimble hit and run character. This just seems like SE is getting lazy/scummy again.

So, you're literally criticizing them for not making him playable for literally the last 30 minutes of the game? Hahahaha. Open your eyes. You can't honestly sit there and tell me you're serious about that. And give me one logical reason why anyone would think that it wasn't stupid especially Square Enix? I'm waiting.
Sage of FAQs.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#137
Brodie_Gorgo posted...
What do you mean "such a short portion"? Don't you expect Square to add more content to the last dungeon, bosses and endgame sidequests?

In short, YES. Which is the reason why we're not seeing much of him in action until part 2 which, from the looks of things, confirms he will be playable.

Red XIII is not available to be a playable character because he's only going to have what looks like a smaller role in this installment. Not really sure where your confusion is coming from.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: Brodie_Gorgo

Brodie_Gorgo
2 weeks ago#138
The_Sage posted...
So, you're literally criticizing them for not making him playable for literally the last 30 minutes of the game? Hahahaha. Open your eyes. You can't honestly sit there and tell me you're serious about that. And give me one logical reason why anyone would think that it wasn't stupid especially Square Enix? I'm waiting.

Because that's what happens in the original game. Red XIII joins your team in Midgar. And no one complained about this. Period.

You claim that making Red XIII playable was mutually exclusive with making a bigger dungeon, adding side quests, etc... No. No one at SE ever said that. If SE is adding more content, quests and dungeons, they had many opportunities to make Red XIII playable for several hours of gameplay.

The underlying issue is that by "content" SE might actually mean "cutscenes". I'm not sure what they're extending if the last dungeon is 30 minutes long. Something just doesn't add up. If the game is really 40 hours long they have no excuse for making Red XIII a guest.

The_Sage
2 weeks ago#139
Brodie_Gorgo posted...
Because that's what happens in the original game. Red XIII joins your team in Midgar. And no one complained about this. Period.

You claim that making Red XIII playable was mutually exclusive with making a bigger dungeon, adding side quests, etc... No. No one at SE ever said that. If SE is adding more content, quests and dungeons, they had many opportunities to make Red XIII playable for several hours of gameplay.

The underlying issue is that by "content" SE might actually mean "cutscenes". I'm not sure what they're extending if the last dungeon is 30 minutes long. Something just doesn't add up. If the game is really 40 hours long they have no excuse for making Red XIII a guest.

Well, then if you're not on board with the direction they're going, maybe this game's not for you. I wholeheartedly disagree. There's a big difference between this and the original game. Red XIII joins you in one of the last areas of Midgar and probably will be one of the last areas to be explored as well in this. The second reactor was very brief; and even if they did expand on that, I can't see it being hours long.

And please don't put words into my mouth again. I said that he wouldn't be made playable with only so little of the game remaining that the relentless efforts spent on making and perfecting his actions would ultimately be not worth it. And again, there's literally nothing in the realm of possibility that would make us think he wouldn't be playable in the second installment. So, your issues with this are mundane and petty.

As far as length goes; it's 2 God damn blu-ray discs. I'm not really sure what makes you believe that the added content will most likely be cutscenses. Red Dead 2 literally had the same thing on release and that damn story took me nearly 60 hours. If you're a speedrunner, you'll get through it in 30-40 hours which is still good enough (but that's really not how this game should be played). Only time will tell but all this skepticism is seriously getting ridiculous.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: EAims

EAims
2 weeks ago#140
The_Sage posted...
100% agree.
A b c d e f guy, h I j k l m n o buddy, q r s t u fwend, w x eh! and (pfft). These are the Canadian ABC's, Susie likes hairy b**** what do you think of these?
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message