• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
4 weeks ago#11
stepan618 posted...
Im a bit annoyed by this to be honest. Im not on the 'derp this is midgar only!?' troll wagon, but cutting content that was in the original midgar? They should at least put everything from the original in (he was playable in old midgar). How hard would it have been to add him to the roster in the years they have been developing the game?

There are lots of characters to add in the next two parts, so I don't buy them saving him.
If you think about it, there'd be little reason to give him a full moveset like the 4 others when you only get him for the last 10% of the game. He plays as a guest tho so there's something built around him already, just not fleshed out enough like the others. Obviously we all expect him to be fully playable after part 1

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
4 weeks ago#12
stepan618 posted...
Im a bit annoyed by this to be honest. Im not on the 'derp this is midgar only!?' troll wagon, but cutting content that was in the original midgar? They should at least put everything from the original in (he was playable in old midgar). How hard would it have been to add him to the roster in the years they have been developing the game?

There are lots of characters to add in the next two parts, so I don't buy them saving him.
There's no true free roam and you chapter select once you beat the game for the side stuff, he'd literally only be playable for the very last stretch of the game. They probably thought developing a full moveset for a character you'll barely play was a waste of resources
"If you hate me get in line!"

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 weeks ago#13
Sucks but I'm not surprised. No point in finalizing him for a handful of fights and to make him usable longer would mean shifting things around a lot.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'

User Info: Omegawoof

Omegawoof
4 weeks ago#14
I'm saddened by it. I hold hope that there will be dlc down the line that will make him playable kinda like how in FF15 make the gang playable after launch.
Nanaki Fan.

User Info: M4SK2F4CE

M4SK2F4CE
4 weeks ago#15
Have a feeling he wont be playable in part 2 either, why not confirm it if the reason they gave is true
FC: 1951-2572-3918

User Info: AuraFalchion

AuraFalchion
4 weeks ago#16
godofwar596 posted...
They probably thought developing a full moveset for a character you'll barely play was a waste of resources
Sir Will posted...
No point in finalizing him for a handful of fights and to make him usable longer would mean shifting things around a lot.
This. People need to remember he joins when you're almost done with Midgar. He'll likely be playable in Part 2 since he's there from the start.

Though if the reason is really more about the character itself, then I'm guessing Cait Sith is probably not going to be playable either.
And to be 100% honest, even though it'd be a bit dissapointing, I don't really mind that much. As long as Yuffie, Vincent and Cid are playable, I'm fine with it.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
4 weeks ago#17
Guys...he's going to be playable in part 2 lol, they said the only reason he isn't playable is because he only appears at the end of part 1 and they feel like it would be a waste developing a full moveset when you'll get a few hours out of him at best. They'll make him fully playable in part 2 I'm 100% sure
"If you hate me get in line!"

User Info: Runner_style

Runner_style
4 weeks ago#18
godofwar596 posted...
Guys...he's going to be playable in part 2 lol, they said the only reason he isn't playable is because he only appears at the end of part 1 and they feel like it would be a waste developing a full moveset when you'll get a few hours out of him at best. They'll make him fully playable in part 2 I'm 100% sure

Agreed with this, depending on where part 2 ends it's likely they'll do the same with Vincent, or Cid (if they get that far for part 2 that is)
It's time gamers grew up instead of being pissy 5 year olds fighting over the most asinine things.

User Info: Lockheart34

Lockheart34
4 weeks ago#19
It's FFXV all over again, I'll just wait until they patch him in as playable.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Sir Will

Sir Will
4 weeks ago#20
Lockheart34 posted...
It's FFXV all over again, I'll just wait until they patch him in as playable.

It's not at all like FFXV. The other 4 characters are playable.
River Song: Well, I was off to this gay gypsy bar mitzvah for the disabled when I thought 'Gosh, the Third Reich's a bit rubbish, I think i'll kill the Fuhrer'
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message