• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
3 weeks ago#1
For now.. how does everyone feel about this? Do you look forward to playing as him in the next chapter? Or are you like me where you're too excited it's not even that disappointing because it makes sense. No trolling please.
Sage of FAQs.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: godofwar596

godofwar596
3 weeks ago#2
Sucks but this was leaked back in Janurary when people datamined the leaked demo, so most people have accepted it by now I'm sure
"If you hate me get in line!"
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: h_durao

h_durao
3 weeks ago#3
The_Sage posted...
For now.. how does everyone feel about this? Do you look forward to playing as him in the next chapter? Or are you like me where you're too excited it's not even that disappointing because it makes sense. No trolling please.
Link? I haven't seen this yet
Final Fantasy XII is the greatest video game of all time.

User Info: Nathanmg

Nathanmg
3 weeks ago#4
I'm not bothered really, it's a new game based on an old game, I'm going to play and appreciate what is there. I don't have much in the way of expectations when it comes to the actual game. Most of my excitement is with the visuals and audio anyway.
twitch.tv/nathanmg

User Info: slipknotron1626

slipknotron1626
3 weeks ago#5
https://www.ign.com/articles/red-xiii-is-not-a-playable-character-in-final-fantasy-7-remake
Hope is an illusion for the optimistic.

User Info: SoullessRaptor

SoullessRaptor
3 weeks ago#6
I'd guess that's because he's still undergoing tweaks and refinements to make playing as him smoother and just better feeling. As an AI, he can be set to a controlled routine, while SE refines how he handles in player hands before part 2.

User Info: Vithar

Vithar
3 weeks ago#7
yeah controlling a dog must be challenging in turn of animation and such how the f*** will you block with a comb lol
PSN: Vithar ~ Xbox: Vithar360 ~ Wii: VitharU

User Info: Black_Fire

Black_Fire
3 weeks ago#8
h_durao posted...
Link? I haven't seen this yet

I like your signature
"Hatred is what drives me!" Judge Gabranth

User Info: JackNief

JackNief
3 weeks ago#9
This will be an acceptable disappointment, only for Part 1.
If he's not playable for Part 2 onward, that's a deal-breaker for the rest of their series.
...Or something to that effect.
Proud Owner of: Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Gaming PC, PSP, DS, Vita, Switch
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: stepan618

stepan618
3 weeks ago#10
Im a bit annoyed by this to be honest. Im not on the 'derp this is midgar only!?' troll wagon, but cutting content that was in the original midgar? They should at least put everything from the original in (he was playable in old midgar). How hard would it have been to add him to the roster in the years they have been developing the game?

There are lots of characters to add in the next two parts, so I don't buy them saving him.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Red XIII not playable.
  • Post New Message