• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is Cloud a Guts ripoff?

User Info: Kiluuen

Kiluuen
4 weeks ago#61
Justicecho posted...
Guts has killed lots of things that are “bullet proof” he always finds a way haha.

Yeah but Berserk anime didn’t come out until after FFVII did. The manga existed for a decade before, but so did the other manga with large sworded characters.

Agree on the fighting styles too, Cloud even holds his sword in a katana with katana style hand placements. But I feel like I remember Nomura saying the inspiration for the sword was a large butchers knife or something heh. Cloud’s essentially an agile Tonberry haha.

Cloud has killed plenty of dudes with big swords. Like every SOLDIER enemy he fights is an elite dude with a big sword. They are basically mooks in Dynasty Warriors to Cloud's Lu Bu.

User Info: MakeRoxgreat

MakeRoxgreat
4 weeks ago#62
Didn't Cloud tank Bahamut Zero 's flare in AC,alongside matching Sephiroth "I can cut buildings with the friction of my sword" blow for blow? And that's before you factor in bulls*** materias, far above bullet timing reflexes and above bullet speed during Omnislash V6? Don't now enough Guts to say he'd take it tho.
The Devil can't have my soul for the Lord Atlus already owns it (along with my wallet).

User Info: AuraFalchion

AuraFalchion
4 weeks ago#63
MakeRoxgreat posted...
Didn't Cloud tank Bahamut Zero 's flare in AC,alongside matching Sephiroth "I can cut buildings with the friction of my sword" blow for blow? And that's before you factor in bulls*** materias, far above bullet timing reflexes and above bullet speed during Omnislash V6? Don't now enough Guts to say he'd take it tho.
People don't like to talk about Advent Children when discussing Cloud's abilities. It makes it harder to prove their points.
Things like moving at bullet-speed, jumping hundreds of feet into the air (and actually flying at one point) and slicing through buildings like hot butter, are often not mentioned due to how "over-the-top" they seem compared to the original game. Meanwhile, Tifa piledriving godzilla monsters is somehow perfectly reasonable and mentioned in every discussion.

User Info: MakeRoxgreat

MakeRoxgreat
4 weeks ago#64
Why's that? It's the best example of Cloud's physical abilities, without it you're left with nothing but scaling from Crisis Core ,materia effect and game mechanics.
It seems over the top because FF7 was limited both by its graphisme and its ATB system. The movie just showcase the real abilities of its cast.
There is no reason not to use it.
The Devil can't have my soul for the Lord Atlus already owns it (along with my wallet).
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Is Cloud a Guts ripoff?
  • Topic Archived