• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Aerith instead of Aeris

User Info: AndoYzerman

AndoYzerman
1 month ago#31
MancombSeepgood posted...
The mistranslation was fixed literally decades ago. I'll never understand how people can be fans of something, yet somehow avoid any information about it for twenty years.

Pretty easy. I started up the game for the first time in a decade last night (PS One download on PS3). Her default name is Aeris.

So, they may have fixed it "decades ago", but they didn't replace everyone's discs or even fix it in that downloadable version, which still needs to simulate discs and PS One memory cards.

Similarly, Han shot first, no matter how hard George Lucas and now Disney have tried to convince people otherwise.

"This guy" will forever be "are sick."

All that being said, I changed it to Aerith.

User Info: jackiechanfan

jackiechanfan
1 month ago#32
Aeris. When I first played FFVII on PS1, that's the name that I see when choosing a name. The default name as previously mentioned.

It's when I played Kingdom Hearts on PS2 that I learned her name is now Aerith. I didn't bother researching why.

User Info: ivory3333

ivory3333
1 month ago#33
Aeris sound better to me, and actually a good name. Aerith on the other hand sound like some one is choking.
Everyone is in favor of free speech.people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone else says anything back, that is an outrage.

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#34
ivory3333 posted...
Aeris sound better to me, and actually a good name. Aerith on the other hand sound like some one is choking.
But Sephiroth's doesn't, right?

User Info: spikethedevil

spikethedevil
1 month ago#35
To all the “lisp” people does Sephiroth not sound like you have a lisp? And I hope you don’t know anyone called Keith.
A garbage pod!? It's a smegging garbage pod!

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 month ago#36
Saphiro187 posted...
It's Aeris for me. I don't give a fying f*** what she's been called in Japan 20 years ago. Or do you people also call Ash (from Pokemon), Satoshi? I don't think so. Unless you're a super weeb.
The education system has failed you I see.
Playing:
PS4: Doom (2016), Dreams. Switch: Fire Emblem Emblem Three Houses (2nd run), Castlevania Collection

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#37
spikethedevil posted...
To all the “lisp” people does Sephiroth not sound like you have a lisp? And I hope you don’t know anyone called Keith.
Keis, you mean.

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 month ago#38
Serenity_Lotus posted...
Aerith is her canonical name so... sorry?

Thtill a thtupid thpelling.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

User Info: Bass_X0

Bass_X0
1 month ago#39
MancombSeepgood posted...
But Sephiroth's doesn't, right?

Nope.
"Well, it's not a bad game. It's made by Capcom, so how could it?" ~ AVGN

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#40