• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Aerith instead of Aeris

User Info: FNFred

FNFred
1 month ago#1
Will the flower girl from the slums be called Aerith or Aeris in this version?

It's definitely going to be weird for me if she's called Aerith in the remake because I've been living in this lie for so long that I've come to accept it.

Oh and I'm super hype for this game! :D
NOW PLAYING: Street Fighter V
AWAITING: Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII

User Info: Serenity_Lotus

Serenity_Lotus
1 month ago#2
Aerith is her canonical name so... sorry?
celestial_nero ~ Pro, Switch, Vita, One X ~ Serenity Locust
~ FFXIV - Jenova - Neko Heart ~

User Info: tehnemox

tehnemox
1 month ago#3
Aerith
Now playing: Fallout 3 / Legend of Dragoon / The Outer Worlds

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#4
Is there a th sound in japanese? It probably doesnt matter if you are from there. They will be calling her Aeris regardless.
Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!

User Info: DigitalMorph

DigitalMorph
1 month ago#5
She will be called Aerith in the game, but she will always be Aeris to me
The Disco Biscuits are the best band ever

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
1 month ago#6
The mistranslation was fixed literally decades ago. I'll never understand how people can be fans of something, yet somehow avoid any information about it for twenty years.

User Info: EpsteinBarr

EpsteinBarr
1 month ago#7
The things people get fixated about..

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
4 weeks ago#8
It's Aeris for me. I don't give a fying f*** what she's been called in Japan 20 years ago. Or do you people also call Ash (from Pokemon), Satoshi? I don't think so. Unless you're a super weeb.

User Info: MancombSeepgood

MancombSeepgood
4 weeks ago#9
Saphiro187 posted...
It's Aeris for me. I don't give a fying f*** what she's been called in Japan 20 years ago. Or do you people also call Ash (from Pokemon), Satoshi? I don't think so. Unless you're a super weeb.
There's a difference between a mistranslation that'slong since been corrected and a character being called something else in the source language. But be sure to keep sticking to the wrong name that the people who made the game never intended just because you can't adjust to new information.

User Info: OverlordDeath

OverlordDeath
4 weeks ago#10
Saphiro187 posted...
Problem there is the fact that she's been Aerith in literally everything after the original release, even english. It's fine if you prefer Aeris for whatever reason, but Japans not the only place she's Aerith.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Aerith instead of Aeris
  • Topic Archived