• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Think people will be burnt out on FF7 by the time part 4 is out?

User Info: donkeyjack

donkeyjack
1 month ago#61
Who says they will be a part 4?
https://imgur.com/01hqfpL https://imgur.com/bBmVbul

User Info: Crevens

Crevens
1 month ago#62
SavenForever posted...
Oh. What was wrong with character?

*shrugs* I don't use it myself.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
1 month ago#63
SaintAkira7 posted...
Sure, and I agree. But there's no mandate that says SE needs to spend 5+ years developing the game. I'm not gong to get into a "shoulda/coulda been one game" debate; SE chose the scope of work and decided to split it up into multiple releases. That said:

I have zero doubt that it will. The only thing that will hurt initial sales is that it's releasing exclusively to ps4, as opposed to XV's multiplatform worldwide release. Bearing that in mind, there will be an additional influx of capital a year later, further bolstering their coffers when the Xbone and PC versions hit (not to mention the inevitable ps5 release). It's going to sell well, both upon initial release and after the timed exclusivity is up, of that I have zero doubt.

And I would expect that SE's internal analysis have predicted exactly this scenario, otherwise they'd have likely gone a different route. If SE is anything nowadays, they're shrewd businessmen.
There's no rule but there's still the reason why 99% of devs do not work on games for more than 5 years (unless they are in dev hell but that's not a topic here). If you are working on a game, you are not making off of it. And if you aren't Rockstar or CDProjeckt Red that made ostentatious amounts of money off one entry of an IP, you aren't going to have an near eternal wellspring of funds to draw from in order to work on something 10+ years before it pays off itself. squareEnix ain't like them so there's no reason to expect that they have the capacity to do so. People who say that are just assuming but the reality is very different from what we can assume.

Anyway, exclusivity isn't going to hurt sales that much because the majority of sales are coming from PS4 anyway. The exclusivity deal is only a year and people who are going to buy it for other platforms are more than willing to wait (SE games usually don't drop on PC day 1, so PC gamers are used to waiting) so those sales will come eventually. Plus there are tons of people that say they can't wait and are planning on dropping money to buy a PS4 to.play the game day 1 and are willing to double/triple dip. Besides, most of the fanbase already have the means to play the game day 1 since it'll be on the majority platform from the start.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
1 month ago#64
Trickster-0 posted...
Multi PART, not multi game and the ONLY reason is SE's horrible decision making. By the way, spending over 5 years developing a brand new game is questionable. Spending more than 2 years on a mere remake is outright stupid.
You're not understanding what they intend to do (or maybe you're being obtuse?). The remake itself is more than one game; it's been made into a franchise of it's own right. So the game coming in April is the first game of the series. The other games that follow are sequels. OG FF7 and FF7R are completely different from each other.FF7 was specifically one game, FF7R is a series of games, not one entire game. At this point you'd have to be shutting your eyes not to see this.

The other two.points are just opinions. I won't tell you that you're wrong.

-Angela says hi.

User Info: Trickster-0

Trickster-0
1 month ago#65
erAEISer posted...
You're not understanding what they intend to do (or maybe you're being obtuse?). The remake itself is more than one game; it's been made into a franchise of it's own right. So the game coming in April is the first game of the series. The other games that follow are sequels. OG FF7 and FF7R are completely different from each other.FF7 was specifically one game, FF7R is a series of games, not one entire game. At this point you'd have to be shutting your eyes not to see this.

The other two.points are just opinions. I won't tell you that you're wrong.
BS overflow.

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
4 weeks ago#66
mammerjammer0 posted...
Garbage sidequests? Dude we've seen ONE sidequests. ONE. Where are you getting this "load of garbage quests" from?
The screenshot showed several sidequests actually, people have just harped on the rat one the most, but the others didnt look any more promising. It also looked like rat quest was multiple parts lmao.
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg

User Info: leon1588

leon1588
4 weeks ago#67
Vithar posted...
FFXIII was also 3 different genre kinda. first party based, second monster catcher, third solo. Maybe it lost it's appeal because they were too different from each other
Yeah 13-2 is my pokemon ff. Not what World of Final Fantasy was
Bahamut needs to come to Pokemon
3DS FC: 1693-5458-7940

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
4 weeks ago#68
Nah I dobut it, Trails of Cold Steel is a 4 part series and each game is 80+ hours long. They change just enough each game to make things feel fresh and interesting while keeping things basically the same. No way each FF7R game plays identically, IF there are huge gaps between games. If they're released relatively close together, it's less important.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
4 weeks ago#69
Nope. I will gladly mosey through all 10 parts over the next fifty years.
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Think people will be burnt out on FF7 by the time part 4 is out?
  • Topic Archived