• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Was FF7 so good that the remake should get drawn out over 8 years?

User Info: Perkolator

Perkolator
1 month ago#11
Pretty sure it's only going to be 3 parts and Midgar will end up containing more of the narrative than it did in the original, so it will be about 6 years.

On one hand, I don't trust Square Enix to remake any old school game at this level and do it justice in just one installment. They've shown just how incompetent they are with their bigger projects and I have no doubt that if FF7 were remade in this way in 1 game, it would either take them 20 years or the game would be butchered to death.

On the other hand, I just wanted a damn remake that kept everything the same but had modern graphics, which they could have made in one shot in a reasonable time.

User Info: Kantiran

Kantiran
1 month ago#12
TrueGB posted...
You've been living under a rock, haven't you? I mean, yeesh, you only have to look as far back as KH3 and FF15 to see Squeenix is definitely a greed first company.
To be fair when it comes to AAA companies pretty much all companies are. The only exception I can think of is CD Project red and that may be mainly because they are relatively new in the AAA market.

User Info: Zack_Attackv1

Zack_Attackv1
1 month ago#13
Duh. It's the greatest FF of them all.
http://i.imgur.com/w6TbNgQ.jpg

User Info: King_Shortt_IX

King_Shortt_IX
1 month ago#14
Yes. Yes it was.
This is where the magic happens

User Info: erAEISer

erAEISer
1 month ago#15

Perkolator posted...
On the other hand, I just wanted a damn remake that kept everything the same but had modern graphics, which they could have made in one shot in a reasonable time.
Except that would have never happened anyway because of the wishes of the original devs but you are an armchair dev anyway so nobody should expect much from this statement.
-Angela says hi.

User Info: Rikkus_dad

Rikkus_dad
1 month ago#16
ActualGameDev posted...
Midgar to leaving is closer to 10% of the game.
In terms of gameplay yeah, but something like 30% of the main story script is in Midgar. It's the most story dense part of the game with only small amounts of gameplay in between the big story beats.
If you don't care about something, then it's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"! Why do so many English speakers get this wrong?

User Info: digidevilwil

digidevilwil
1 month ago#17
TomorrowDog posted...
Pre-release remarks made by people working on the project are absolutely worthless, they're doing PR. The dev cycle of this game is normal, and making a multi-game story is far less ambitious than what they were achieving in the 90's.

If the developer's true vision of the original game was Chadley the kid scientist gating the materia you acquire by making you straight up grind actions against monsters for "research", maybe their incomplete vision was superior.

Yeah lets hone in on one random element to downplay the overall product. Btw this feature also makes perfect sense to get people to explore and utilize materia, especially in context to this being real time now so the application will be a lot more intricate. It's definitely better than something like Devil May Cry 5 dropping Dante on you mid game with all 4 of his styles and not even giving you a basic run down of what any of them do (or the differences from previous games), thus why 99% of people who play a DMC game will never even properly utilize a fraction of it's gameplay depth.
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/swillo
Twitter - @PandaKingEX, 3rd Place at EVO for Pokken Tournament.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Was FF7 so good that the remake should get drawn out over 8 years?
  • Topic Archived