• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If ff7 world map is as big as ac odyssey
(message deleted)

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
1 month ago#22
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
Oh I know the platinum for that game isn’t anything special, but I explored every island and found all the ?, anything I had left was generic filler quests. Def wasn’t close to 150 hours.

Well I'm not complaining about it, to me it just isn't the best way to prioritize things for this type of game, and after beating hundreds upon hundreds of open world games I'm not really wowed by them anymore. Only a third of players on PS4 even beat the Odyssey story once, and many have posted their times across the net and it definitely took them way more than the average game. I doubt more than 1% truly did everything there was to do. That's all I meant by too much.

Of course playtime depends on a lot of factors, but there's certainly a trend with completionist Odyssey times being well into the triple digits (the kind of time the average person doesn't put into a single game).

Personally for each entry of VII-R I would rather they focus on the towns and narrative and forego wandering around open fields altogether. The only thing I would truly miss is flying around in the Highwind, though it'd have to be different from both the original or how DQXI did it to be impressive.

The new Flight Simulator game looks fantastic. Unfortunately the Highwind's design and operations are more elaborate than any real aircraft, and you'd essentially be asking them to build an entirely separate game in today's standards just for some fancy flying.

Wiegraf_Folles posted...
And SE absolutely has the resources to make something the equivalent if they want to. They couldn’t churn them out like Ubisoft does, but if they focused their resources into XVI or VIIR-2, it could be on par with Odyseey.

Well that's the issue, isn't it? People don't want to wait 5 years for the next one. Ubisoft typically reuses mechanics, animations and assets for half a dozen games released within a 3 year window. Square Enix doesn't.

And they still plan to keep XIV going at the same development rate, another Kingdom Hearts already has rumors, FFXVI, the Marvel games by the western divisions will probably all be GaaS, another Deus Ex might be coming, mobile, etc.

We were supposed to be getting a new Watch Dogs next month, but after Breakpoint even Ubisoft has had to slow things down to keep up with the ever-increasing standards. Especially right before a new generation begins...

User Info: Wiegraf_Folles

Wiegraf_Folles
1 month ago#23
Magoichi posted...
Personally for each entry of VII-R I would rather they focus on the towns and narrative and forego wandering around open fields altogether. The only thing I would truly miss is flying around in the Highwind, though it'd have to be different from both the original or how DQXI did it to be impressive.

The new Flight Simulator game looks fantastic. Unfortunately the Highwind's design and operations are more elaborate than any real aircraft, and you'd essentially be asking them to build an entirely separate game in today's standards just for some fancy flying.

Well that's the issue, isn't it? People don't want to wait 5 years for the next one. Ubisoft typically reuses mechanics, animations and assets for half a dozen games released within a 3 year window. Square Enix doesn't.

And they still plan to keep XIV going at the same development rate, another Kingdom Hearts already has rumors, FFXVI, the Marvel games by the western divisions will probably all be GaaS, another Deus Ex might be coming, mobile, etc.

We were supposed to be getting a new Watch Dogs next month, but after Breakpoint even Ubisoft has had to slow things down to keep up with the ever-increasing standards. Especially right before a new generation begins...
Yeah I want the full world map for the next game, but more detailed and interactive. Not open world, but have it be beautiful and fun to explore while maintaining a linear progression. What the original was, but with way more detail.

Everything I’ve seen from VIIR looks like it would stand out, especially among JRPGs which don’t have many big budget/true next gen games.

And yeah, SE is all over the place with weird priorities. Def wish KH and XIV were wrapped up already.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.

User Info: Haseo8

Haseo8
1 month ago#24
I’m expecting roads, which I’m okay with, or something akin to DQXI.
Trails of Cold Steel IV can't come soon enough.

User Info: ROTTEN

ROTTEN
1 month ago#25
KarasuShiro posted...
Odyssey was way too bloated with uninteresting content imho, burned me out of the game and never finished it be ause of that.

If theres a world map in part 2 i hope it will not be an open world one but something like ff 12
The game might be built around getting players to buy the permanent xp boost. It's possible.

User Info: CranberryTaco

CranberryTaco
1 month ago#26
Magoichi posted...

But yeah, no need for that and Square Enix doesn't have the manpower to pull that off in a reasonable timeframe.

This. But I'd still like part 2 to be very explorable.
1988. | Music | Dragonball Z: Kakarot / FFXIV: Shadowbringers | I really cant stand Tidus | 'Please be excite'

User Info: Brocknoth

Brocknoth
1 month ago#27
I don't get why people are so hung up on the world map. If Square were smart they'd just make it close to the original and make the towns and the like the set pieces for the world. Who friggin' cares if the world map isn't 1:1, who cares if it's "not to scale" It just needs to get you from point A to point B like it did in the original.

Why kill yourself "reinventing wheel" just to change that one aspect? Would people seriously lose their s*** if Square did that? Do you guys really expect something on the level of a sandbox open world game?
"You don't scare me. I play Touhou."
~ http://www.backloggery.com/brocknoth ~

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
1 month ago#28
Brocknoth posted...
Why kill yourself "reinventing wheel" just to change that one aspect? Would people seriously lose their s*** if Square did that? Do you guys really expect something on the level of a sandbox open world game?
Somehow a lot of people do. They wanted it on Midgar cause it's apparently the only way to justify making it its own game (let's be honest there's no justifying it other than for money), and I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted it outside Midgar too.

You can take out the sandbox aspect and Square is still s*** at it if you look at FFXV
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If ff7 world map is as big as ac odyssey
  • Topic Archived