• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If ff7 world map is as big as ac odyssey

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 month ago#1
Would you be satisfied?
Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan! Oaths you have taken, now fulfill them all, to lord and land!

User Info: KarmelCHAOS

KarmelCHAOS
1 month ago#2
No. I like smaller condensed areas, AC games have the same problem a lot of open world games have empty areas just meant to make the world seem big and interesting.

User Info: Magoichi

Magoichi
1 month ago#3
KarmelCHAOS posted...
No. I like smaller condensed areas, AC games have the same problem a lot of open world games have empty areas just meant to make the world seem big and interesting.

Odyssey has too much content, to the point where few people spent the hundreds of hours doing absolutely everything.

But yeah, no need for that and Square Enix doesn't have the manpower to pull that off in a reasonable timeframe.

User Info: Haunter12O

Haunter12O
1 month ago#4
I would love the world map to be open world but they’re going to seriously have to do some tweaking to prevent Cloud from swimming to the Northern Crater once you leave Midgar because that’d be the first thing I do (or the KotR isle).

User Info: sevisan86

sevisan86
1 month ago#5
I played Odyssey last year and while I was enjoying and did a lot of stuff I was burned halfway through and never came back.
The map is way too big and considering almost all the content is the same on every island I just lost incentive.
The sweet spot is RDR2 map, it's really big but every area still feels different and there is a point of interest or at least something pretty to look at anywhere you may be.

User Info: sevisan86

sevisan86
1 month ago#6
Haunter12O posted...
I would love the world map to be open world but they’re going to seriously have to do some tweaking to prevent Cloud from swimming to the Northern Crater once you leave Midgar because that’d be the first thing I do (or the KotR isle).
They will just kill Cloud if you go out of bounds
EDIT Assuming Cloud can swim

User Info: OmniChris

OmniChris
1 month ago#7
I don't even think AC odyssey's map is big enough to handle FF7's entire world.

User Info: judgexp

judgexp
1 month ago#8
OmniChris posted...
I don't even think AC odyssey's map is a big enough to handle FF7's entire world.
Lol

User Info: MalakTawus

MalakTawus
1 month ago#9
Not only i dont need but i absolutely do NOT want a map like that, i hate that game formula, especially when i want a game to not lose too much focus on the main story (like in this case).

"Remember, you can make anything as idiot-proof as you want, they'll just build a better idiot...."

User Info: Haunter12O

Haunter12O
1 month ago#10
But if you think about, all the locations that would be in part 2 can be seamlessly integrated into an open world...

Mythril Mines
Fort Condor
Junon (mostly)
Corel
Gongaga
Cosmo Canyon
Nibelheim and Mt. Nibel
Ancient Forest/Corral Valley

Temple of the Ancients and Gold Saucer are really the only locations that they'd need to mess around with to make it work, but I can see an open world part 2 working well.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. If ff7 world map is as big as ac odyssey
  • Topic Archived