• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Let's speculate how long it will take for each episode to release...

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
3 days ago#1
So, it took Square Enix about 8 years to build this game at least right? How long in between installments do you think it will be?
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar
3 days ago#2
Not sure where you're getting that 8 year number from, but I'm guessing maybe 18-24 months between releases? Any quicker and I'll get a bit exhausted.
Currently Playing: Trails of Cold Steel III

User Info: jordina

jordina
3 days ago#3
We know that asset/engine reuse cuts development time if the FFXIII sequels are anything to go by. We also know the development is constantly ongoing so my guess is 2 years between entries.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: solidmaximus

solidmaximus
3 days ago#4
1.5-2 years sounds reasonable
Breathing in lightning, tonight's for fighting.
Go Hoos!

User Info: saint_zodiac

saint_zodiac
2 days ago#5
Well, 2-3 years seems about right, especially since it seems random encounters are no longer in this game. Which also means the need for an over world would be pointless.and that cuts production and development by a couple of years. Plus I doubt the rest of the locations will that huge.

That being said, if we get the tradition over world and see something like FFXV than game 2 will be 3-4 years because most of the assets will have to be developed and game three though while connected to the over world will be mostly story driven.

The_Sage
2 days ago#6
Yeah, 2-3 years seems about right. We'll see. April can't get here soon enough.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: KarasuShiro

KarasuShiro
2 days ago#7
2.5 years maximum. Maybe 3 for the last part depending on where it starts.

Personalmy i think its going to be like this if its a 3 parter:

Part 1 midgar (duh xD)

Part 2 will stop at city of the ancient but i think they should push a little and go untill the awakening of the weapons to end on a very bleak cliffhanger.

Part 3 either from city or after awakening of weapons to the end of the game.

I highly doubt they will do mire than 3 parts...4 maximum but that would depend of the amount of new story stuff

If its 4 parts without much new story stuff then it could be unbalanced event wise.say for exemple if part 2 stops after rocket town its a bit of a letdown to end there.
English is my second language, so excuse the errors ;)

The_Sage
2 days ago#8
Will we see the final episode on PS4?
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: KarasuShiro

KarasuShiro
2 days ago#9
The_Sage posted...
Will we see the final episode on PS4?

Probably not.

Ps5 is coming close and i doubt square would do 2 or more parts cross platform. Especially when sony said they want to encourage players to move to ps5 fast.

I think part 1 will be the only one on ps4
English is my second language, so excuse the errors ;)

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
2 days ago#10
12-18 months apart
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Reside Evil Series (0,1, CV) XB1 - Gears of War 1-4
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Let's speculate how long it will take for each episode to release...
  • Post New Message