• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. so a question about the leaks (SPOILERS)
So your argument is what?
That a game that is being marketed as a full size stand alone Final Fantasy game that takes place in 1 location is going to have a map smaller than a full size Final Fantasy game that had only 1 disc?
What world are you from?
(edited 2 days ago)
thegregbradley posted...
So your argument is what?
That a game that is being marketed as a full size stand alone Final Fantasy game that takes place in 1 location is going to have a map smaller than a full size Final Fantasy game that had only 1 disc?
What world are you from?
Okay, have it your way. The game is open-world, and it will be huge. Enjoy.

User Info: madrileno23

madrileno23
2 days ago#13
I’m guessing the map style will be more hub areas with smaller hallways sprouting off of them, think Pulse in FFXIII
PSN - madrileno23 XBL - thatchefdude
Playing - PS4 - Reside Evil Series (0,1, CV) XB1 - Gears of War 1-4
MancombSeepgood posted...
Okay, have it your way. The game is open-world, and it will be huge. Enjoy.

It is open world, in Midgar. Some Sectors will be open as they were in FF7...but they are going to be much much much greater in size and scope. There will be many side quests to travel through Sectors to complete ala FFVX’s model. The city itself is as big as that map, however it’s not all open at once.
You dropped a laundry list of things that you think you know about the game but they are inaccurate. My sister is a designer on the game. Don’t care if you believe it or not, but you’ll find out soon enough that is for sure!
You also get to see the upper plate and how the rich live. You’ll notice some “green” areas soon enough. Think Elysium...
Oh and some of the Return to Midgar stuff from late disc 2 is also in this game. Think Hojo...remember this a story remake not game. They are tweaking the story and streamlining it. That means no Icicle Inn, Costa Del Sol etc etc..
Most of the flashback scenes that appear later in the original are also here. Full game is not in Midgar...SURPRISE! You actually get to experience Nibel through the Sephiroth flashback scene.
Drawing board plan for disc 2 is to end with...Cloud going into the lifestream, not Aeris death.
(edited 2 days ago)
thegregbradley posted...
It is open world, in Midgar. Some Sectors will be open as they were in FF7...but they are going to be much much much greater in size and scope. There will be many side quests to travel through Sectors to complete ala FFVX’s model. The city itself is as big as that map, however it’s not all open at once.
You dropped a laundry list of things that you think you know about the game but they are inaccurate. My sister is a designer on the game. Don’t care if you believe it or not, but you’ll find out soon enough that is for sure!
Yeah, yeah. You're really funny. Now go play.
MancombSeepgood posted...
Yeah, yeah. You're really funny. Now go play.
I’ll revive this post in 8 weeks. I like chocolate cake.
thegregbradley posted...
I’ll revive this post in 8 weeks. I like chocolate cake.
Please do. We already know that the leaks completely match up to everything that has been officially shown so far, right down to the exact dialogue, descriptions and images. But of course you're just trying come off as interesting, and you'll simply disappear or have some excuse later on. Standard attention seeking behavior.

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#19
thegregbradley posted...
Thought the map size was as big as FFXV...this doesn’t sound accurate
No one ever stated anything like that. Maybe fans did, but no one on SE's side has ever officially even hinted at that. I expect it to be big, but don't expect anything close to the size of the entire XV map. There's way more detail in the world in VIIR plus characters, cutscenes, better lighting, particles, etc all that would take up more space than XV's world (which I enjoyed and am not knocking in anyway as it was an impressive feat to make something so large free of loading screens).

madrileno23 posted...
I’m guessing the map style will be more hub areas with smaller hallways sprouting off of them, think Pulse in FFXIII
Mostly what I'm hoping for.

User Info: GodinMinaar

GodinMinaar
2 days ago#20
I hope they DON'T remove parts from the original, I'd rather it be a massive file size then a streamlined game...
I hope they make remake so large that I can spend fifty years strolling through it
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. so a question about the leaks (SPOILERS)
  • Post New Message