• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. so a question about the leaks (SPOILERS)

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 days ago#1
do we see ANY new areas of midgar

also how much new story conten twas actually added or it mostly just fetch quests
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: panforis

panforis
3 days ago#2
The opening movie, some quests, the unreleased "demo" that was datamined and a few other minor things are all thats been leaked in detail up to now I believe. The "demo" only had through the first reactor mission story wise and while they did change a bit of thats story not much outside of that is known so far. SE has, outside of that supposed "demo", kept most of the new story stuff and new content under wraps. We just are gonna have to wait till April, or some leaker will have to risk being prosecuted by releasing an early copies content again.
Well, if you want to know..

<<Big spoilers up ahead>>

In terms of new areas there's:

• A new scrapyard area in the sector 7 slums
  • A factory in the sector 7 slums
  • A new motorbike tunnel section that loops across the main Midgar pillar
  • A Shinra employee residential area on sector 7's upper plate, as well as a Shinra warehouse
  • New areas in the sector 5 reactor
  • Some new nature, slum and scrapyard areas between Aerith's house and Wall Market
  • An orphanage
  • An arena in Wall Market
  • A greatly expanded sewer section under Don Corneo's mansion
  • A secret underground Shinra lab
  • Climbing the wall to SHinra HQ has been replaced with a climb up the fallen plate
  • An underground parking area for Shinra HQ
  • A VR arena.
  • An expanded exhibit area in Shinra HQ
  • A large new section of Hojo's lab in Shinra HQ
  • And one that's potentially a huge spoiler and which is still somewhat unclear from just the text leaks.

Aside from that, many existing areas have been expanded. It appears you won't be traveling to any other sectors than in the original, and the game is chapter-based. There's no indication that there is free-roaming or a transportation system, save for a chocobo carriage that lets you fast travel around a handful of locations in the sector 5 and 6 slums in the Wall Market chapter.

The side quests appear to be mostly combat and arena quests, although they're not as bad as FFXV's fetch quests. They generally have at least some dialogue and a bit of world building attached to them.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: thegregbradley

thegregbradley
3 days ago#4
Thought the map size was as big as FFXV...this doesn’t sound accurate
thegregbradley posted...
Thought the map size was as big as FFXV...this doesn’t sound accurate
Could you link to an official source for that?

thegregbradley
3 days ago#6
No...but it’s 2 discs worth of content so one can safely assume the map isn’t small.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 days ago#7
thegregbradley posted...
No...but it’s 2 discs worth of content so one can safely assume the map isn’t small.
that has jack s*** to do with map size or even content

you could have 10 disks dedicated to a desk if you wanted
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

thegregbradley
3 days ago#8
AceMos posted...
that has jack s*** to do with map size or even content

you could have 10 disks dedicated to a desk if you wanted

K.
will you still be mine?
thegregbradley posted...
File size is not indicative of game size. They could fill two Blu-ray discs with just 4K textures, audio and 4K video cutscenes in four different languages.

User Info: jordina

jordina
3 days ago#10
At a guess, will probably only see other sectors in the background during the highway chase.

1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. so a question about the leaks (SPOILERS)
  • Post New Message