• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube

User Info: pxp

pxp
2 days ago#71
Justicecho posted...
Hmm yeah rewatching it on my comp now. I think it could be. It's not really story relevant either way until it get's to Aerith looking up and the train rolling in. So guess it being vague is fine. It definitely doesn't look like it's the same time and I think the flying over showing Midgar how it used to be opposed to once the reactor's are turned on is indicitive and implying to that. Also by Aerith's part Midgar looks way more crowded than it did with the first bird flyby. Though again the bird flyby could be just the outskirts being more sparse and the central city being condensed. Also would be pretty interesting if the reactors only turn on at night so in game during daylight the reactor's won't give off that tower of green, but at night they all boom on (besides the ones we destroy heh).
As to your last point, I think it's definitely implied because the street lights all turn on and then the Reactor spews its pollution up in the atmosphere. But another reason why I imagine the whole intro to be contemporaneous with the game is that the outskirts of Midgar weren't always this vast arid desert; as I'm sure you know it's stated in the OG that this situation only came about because of Midgar's Reactors.

But at the end of the day, as you say it's very vague and ambiguous and so much the better for it. Not everything has to be set in stone, and usually I prefer it not to be when it comes to my art and media :)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#72
pxp posted...
As to your last point, I think it's definitely implied because the street lights all turn on and then the Reactor spews its pollution up in the atmosphere. But another reason why I imagine the whole intro to be contemporaneous with the game is that the outskirts of Midgar weren't always this vast arid desert; as I'm sure you know it's stated in the OG that this situation only came about because of Midgar's Reactors.

But at the end of the day, as you say it's very vague and ambiguous and so much the better for it. Not everything has to be set in stone, and usually I prefer it not to be when it comes to my art and media :)
Yup ambiguity has it's place and can work really well, and I often prefer it. Like when XV first came out it was pretty heavily implied that everyone died at the end, and I loved that, some wanted to believe everyone but Noct lived. Then after a few months Tabata caved and said they lived because people kept complaining the ending was too sad/dark.

Also agree if reactor 5 is going on then def 1-4 should have been completed and sucking the planet dry already regardless if the plates have been made or not yet. But also don't think the reactors were made in order so maybe 5 was the first or the last dunno heh. Doesn't really matter in the end. Either way it's a great intro that shows a lot without having to go out of it's way to pander or spoonfeed anything.
I started to play this and then stopped after 2 seconds. I want to wait and experience this the first time I turn the game on. you can't recreate that feeling.

User Info: D_R_I_G

D_R_I_G
2 days ago#74
I really liked the way they showed how productive and lively the city is, and then it panned down to show the dead flower. Kind of suggesting the toll all that human progression is taking on the planet.
Very nice touch!

User Info: Lone_Dino

Lone_Dino
2 days ago#75
pxp posted...
I disagree entirely. The following image shows that it can't be based from the slums, because the angle simply doesn't correspond. As you can see when Sector 7 has fallen, the reactors are probably twice as tall from what can be seen on the upper plate (where I've circled in blue). And yet the girl in the trailer clearly only sees the top half of the Reactor, as per where I've placed the blue arrows (and imagining Sector 5 collapsed rather than Sector 7).

https://imgur.com/RTyLEP1

It's gotta be the upper plate in Sector 5. (Now it could very well be from a period in history where even the upper plates had not become economically prosperous yet).

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/8/2/AAS75FAAALkW.jpg
From her angle, the top plate and the surrounding buildings are covering her view. That's why she can only see the top. The girl could be much further away than you're probably thinking.

Also, Midgar is roughly 30 years old. Cid is older than Midgar, and he's like 32 years old. What I'm getting at is, IF this is showing the past, then it can't be the upper plate. Because of the time frame, everything would look more new if this was the past. You wouldn't have worn and beat up streets.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/8/3/AAS75FAAALkX.jpg
^^ The upper plate would only look like that in the present.

Oh, and the flower and grass shown. Plants don't grow in Midgar, unless it's Aerith's place, the church where she prays, or those artificial plants in the Shinra building. That flower looked like it full matured before dying, which wouldn't be possible if this is in the present. It would make sense if this was the past. A time where the reactors haven't yet fully depleted the lands around Midgar. But then again, this is a remake, so maybe the rules changed.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/3/9/3/AAS75FAAALkh.jpg
Your eyes deceive you, An illusion fools you all...
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Joetj

Joetj
2 days ago#76
I loved everything about it! I love how they incorporated everything normal in life from the regular working man handling those containers, the kids riding the bikes and even had him at one point riding without his feet on the pedals like we all used to do when we were kids. I also liked when they showed the dryed foliage when as the cars passed by and even had a dry leaf fall off cause of the breeze. I did notice that in the original game when it shows Aerith in the dark alley looking at the busted pipe that she looks at the camera and walks towards it. In the remake she looks down the alley and then scurries away as if something or someone was watching her. I can't wait for my collector's editon!
PSN ID- JoeTJoe

User Info: Justicecho

Justicecho
2 days ago#77
macknifficent89 posted...
I started to play this and then stopped after 2 seconds. I want to wait and experience this the first time I turn the game on. you can't recreate that feeling.
The one thing that will be really nice when playing for real (if you have a pro and 4k hdr tv) is how much better the actual game will look when you play it in actuality and not just a youtube compressed video.

Joetj
2 days ago#78
D_R_I_G posted...
I really liked the way they showed how productive and lively the city is, and then it panned down to show the dead flower. Kind of suggesting the toll all that human progression is taking on the planet.
Very nice touch!
Wow I literally watched the video and came straight in here without reading the thread and pretty much wrote the same exact thing! That's awesome!
PSN ID- JoeTJoe

User Info: ReggieBush09

ReggieBush09
2 days ago#79
I took the journey in my youth.

I don't think I can do it now

in 1997 I was so in love with this game.
The Man, the myth the Reggie!

Joetj
2 days ago#80
ReggieBush09 posted...
I took the journey in my youth.

I don't think I can do it now

in 1997 I was so in love with this game.
so just cause you're older you're hesitant about playing the game? lol
PSN ID- JoeTJoe
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube
  • Post New Message