• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube

User Info: JamesBR27

JamesBR27
2 days ago#31
I wont watch it, but I know it is awesome. They will not mess up this game, It will surpass the original and be the best offline main FF game ever made.
PSN: Same as Above. 34 Years of Gaming Life.
meteora88 posted...
It looks great. Don't mind the extended new part for the intro.

What I don't like is how they keep shoving Sephiroth's theme into everything. It's overdone for Pete's sake.

He's meant to be mysterious, and you're not meant to catch on to anything wrong with Cloud at the beginning, but the demo stuff, and now this, seems to be trying to shove Sephiroth's presence and his theme into everything now.

I agree with your sentiment about OWA specifically. I really felt like they should have saved that until the last battle. As pointed out, Sephiroth has an actual theme, and they should be using that more. I'm not surprised they aren't though. OWA is more well known.

As to your point about Sephiroth being mysterious, I think you should pretty much give up on that. They've made the decision to put him more in the forefront for the remake. Although, I believe your claiming that they are shoving him into everything is just wrong. We might have seen one new scene with him. Other than that, every other place we seen him, his presence was actually there, they just didn't show him in the original game.

I know people are split on whether that's a good idea, but I personally believe it is. You can't unring a bell. Everyone who will likely play this remake knows who Sephiroth is, so there is no way they could recapture that sense of mystery or surprise. If they are making Sephiroth a more upfront presence in this game and plan to develop his character more, I believe that is a better way to go than play things out the same way as done in the original even knowing that it won't be as effective.
Am I the only African American on earth that likes Celtic folk music? Hmmmm

User Info: pxp

pxp
2 days ago#33
nova_pulse posted...
Saw the leaks and there's not even a pic on young Aerith on them.
Both the girl and Aerith have light brown hair colour ,the girl has lighter tone but it's definitely not light blonde. Cloud is blonde
Plate dwellers don't wear rugged clothes and the park is in sector 6 ( don't think plate dwellers would go there ) Aerith spent time with Zack and Cloud at that park which marks it as one of her favourite places.
Maybe this could be a coincidence,we'll have to see.
Sorry my friend. My general temperament is to meet people half way, but you're simply wrong on every point here.

First, young Aerith was leaked. I'll post the picture here for you. I even placed the girl from this trailer next to the image, and you can clearly see they're different people. Trailer girl has noticeably blonder hair, while Aerith's brunette and more wavey.

https://imgur.com/940PMY0

Second, this is clearly a different park on the upper plate. In every shot of the kids cycling (including the image of trailer girl posted above) you can see the sky above them rather than the underside of the plate. Indeed, you can't even see unobscured visages of the tops of the Reactors from under the plate, for logical reasons.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
2 days ago#34
Am I the only one that kept expecting that bird to be shot out of the sky by Rufus?
Science works
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#35
Damn look at all the places we can't explore hahaha

User Info: leon1588

leon1588
2 days ago#36
ss21vegito posted...
Oh sweet. So Cloud starts with a material equipped!
He was equipped with both Bolt/Thunder and Ice/Blizzard at the start of 7. I did however get 1 game to have Bolt All at the beginning.
Bahamut needs to come to Pokemon
3DS FC: 1693-5458-7940

User Info: blitz_0623

blitz_0623
2 days ago#37
ss21vegito posted...
Oh sweet. So Cloud starts with a material equipped!
He's always had materia equipped

User Info: Forest_Temple

Forest_Temple
2 days ago#38
JamesBR27 posted...
I wont watch it, but I know it is awesome. They will not mess up this game, It will surpass the original and be the best offline main FF game ever made.
Is IX suddenly gonna not exist when they release it?

User Info: OmniChris

OmniChris
2 days ago#39
The bird flying over the desert dunes outside of midgar tells me one thing. The next part is going to be an open world on a grand scale. Any one that thinks the next part is just going to be a little outdated world map with over the head camera is kidding themselves. SE will be going all out for the next part. That's my prediction. So on that note, it probably going to take 4-5 years to create.

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
2 days ago#40
blitz_0623 posted...
He's always had materia equipped
Oh. It’s been a long, long time. Nice detail then to make sure he had it in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  3. Opening Movie has just been posted on Youtube
  • Post New Message